PDA

View Full Version : DDO start-up problem

Silverraptor
2012-11-24, 02:15 PM
So, I recently reinstalled DDO. However, when I try to open it, it almost immediately says, "The Launcher has been updated and must restart." So I push "Okay" and it closes out and... doesn't restart. I open it again, and it displays the same notice. Over and over, I can't get past this part.

Anyone have any advice to fix this? (I'm using the stormreach disk. Is that the problem?)

T.G. Oskar
2012-11-24, 02:46 PM
So, I recently reinstalled DDO. However, when I try to open it, it almost immediately says, "The Launcher has been updated and must restart." So I push "Okay" and it closes out and... doesn't restart. I open it again, and it displays the same notice. Over and over, I can't get past this part.

Anyone have any advice to fix this? (I'm using the stormreach disk. Is that the problem?)

Have you checked the firewall? Sometimes, the firewall blocks the Launcher from updating.

That sort of thing happened to me once, but when it happened, there was an error message before the Launcher tried to restart again. It mentioned the program, which ended up being the firewall I had. Try next time to activate the Task Manager, and get to the "Services" tab, and then temporarily stop the firewall while the Launcher restarts; then, restart the service.

If that doesn't work, that's as much as I can help then.