PDA

View Full Version : any expansions to the board game?

sine25
2006-10-27, 04:24 PM
any expansions in the works or a "battle map"

Crispy Dave
2006-11-05, 01:04 PM
if there was it would be cool to make it a 12 player game by adding linor guild as playableand adding tiles and monster cards. the liner guild would have diffrent overall objectives like killing thier rival rather than getting to the botttom of the dungen

mikeejimbo
2006-11-06, 03:02 PM
I think that's a good idea. One of my friends wanted to play as Nale while I played as Elan. This doesn't bode well.

I also think it'd be fun to play as Redcloak or Xykon.

sine25
2006-11-07, 04:52 PM
ye it would be great

Traveling_Angel
2006-11-14, 01:07 AM
ah, I just had a few ideas for new schticks.

Durkon:Thor's Might. Maybe a single card, maybe two copies, but you could flip any schtick with "Thor's" in it's name, along withh cure assorted wounds to boost it. It would also flip when used, and be a big buff on Thor's hammer. Tree fear. Grants you a bonus agianst ambushs due to waryness

Belkar:Barbarian dip. Extra room of movement, and may flip to boost halfling rage.

V(abrivated for fear of buchtered spelling):Low hit points. You may flip to have another PC on the same floor take the hit from a monster for you. As long as you have it unfliped, you flee on the bottom two portraits.

Haley:ranks in search. Helps disarm traps, and gives a bonus to find stairs or Hidden Loot (an idea I'll explain later)

Elan:Another Bard song. Just saying.

Screw this cards: realzation of party need. No clue what it does, but based on Roy's response to 'Scream like a little girl.' Bandits kidnap! Moves one player to the bandit camp, and adds it to the board if needed, OR it could be a goal.

[hr]

Now onto the possible mechanics of the second expansion-Wooden Forest.
Note:This is slightly based on the mechanics on Betral at The House on The Hill. Okay, a lot.

You enter the forest, at the mount parking area. This is like the Dungeon Intrace, in that there can be no battles, but that hardly makes it a safe haven. During setup, the bandit camp is found and removed from the pile of rooms. as you explore, certain areas require a spicific "depth" into the forest. This is the distance in number of rooms from the Mount Parking. This alows for a realisim to come from the bandit camp being way in the back, along with the dragon cave. But to first find the Bandit camp, you have to know about the bandits. When you find a 'Bandit Ambush' spot on the map, you get shot at. (more later, gotta go to bed.)

sine25
2006-12-05, 09:59 AM
i would like that character randy (in todays stip) be made in to a bonus card for the game and i would LOVE to have the board game version on my PSP

Jack Mann
2006-12-08, 06:28 AM
I think a twelve-player game would be a mite unwieldy. But more player options certainly wouldn't hurt things.

Arcade
2006-12-08, 09:35 AM
If you wanted to add the Linear Guild, maybe you should do it in a way like the new Marvel Heroes game- let everyone play their normal character, plus they get a Linear Guild member to oppose one of the other characters that are playing. Or do some sort of time sharing between your two characters- one Linear Guild and one normal. This can introduce these new characters without adding a lot of drastic changes to the game.