PDA

View Full Version : Bag of Chance

Hanuman
2012-11-25, 03:11 AM
Help create this magic item by creating items to put inside of it!

Bag of Chance
[Wondrous Item]
-This bag appears to be a plain seamless leather sack with nothing in it.
-Once per day at-will the bag opens a non-dimensional space similar to a bag of holding (type 1), if the bag is pierced or damaged in any way at that point the rules of a bag of holding apply appropriately.
-This non-dimensional space opens for exactly 1 minute (10 rounds), after that the dimension disappears into non-existence as if it and any items that were within it were never there.
-Any effect that the non-dimensional space or the objects found within persist, all matter and substance disappears.
-Things put inside the bag then return to inside the bags physical form, if they were larger than the bag and do not compress they will break it.
-Each time the non-dimensional space is opened it has new objects in it, roll a percentile die to determine what it contains.

----
----
1 Animal Call (+2 Survival Hunt)
4 Antitoxin (+5 Poison Saves)
1 Auran Mask (+5 Bonus vs Inhaled Toxins, Allows Water Breathing)
2 Earplugs (+1 vs. Sonic Effects)
1 Flint and Steel
1 Ipecac
1 Stone With [Light] Cast On It
1 Bag of Marbles
1 Thieves Kit
1 Healers Kit
1 Jug of Shapesand (In the form of a sand cube.)
6 Tanglefoot Bags
10 Strange Glass Bottles (filled with water)
----
----
1 Pull-pin Grenade
5d20 piercing damage, subtract damage equal to creatures AC or objects hardness to all within 30' (half damage to objects), 1 round delay after throw, 2d4 points of sonic damage within 10' (double damage to objects), no saves, partial cover negates 50% of the piercing damage, full cover negates 100% of the piercing damage
----
----
2 Gauntlets of Cure Critical Wounds
These gauntlets once donned may cast Cure Critical Wounds as the spell once per day each.
----
----
2 Darksun Shades of Glibness
While wearing these sleek shades you gain +30 to bluff, these magical items take up a face slot.
----
----
1 Adamantium Dancing Chain, 50'
The owner of the bag of chance controls this chain as if they had cast Dancing Chains on it (BoVD)
----
----
5 rations of food and water that do not magically disappear if eaten or drank
----
----
The extra-dimensional space is now the Primary Stomach of an ozodrin equal level to your current level and has 3 intelligence and wisdom, 10 strength and dexterity, and 16 constitution and charisma. This ozodrin has only 4 form points per level and will use them to create and augment features the inside of her stomach.
The ozodrin will try and devour any creature outside the bag, but she will not recognize anyone until they reach inside or attempt to effect the inside of the bag in some way.
----
----
1 Rod of Wonder that changes color and size if commanded to.
----
----
1 ball that when thrown will turn into a swarm of clever monkeys (Int14 Wis14) that speak common and have a helpful diplomacy alignment to you and your party equally. These monkeys will not wait for instruction and will try and intuitively solve any problem the party has or may have in the future.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/primates/primate-monkey-swarm
----
----
1 Party Snapper, when snapped a Heroes Feast appears covering the most couth locations within 30', the caster level of the feast is equal to the character's caster level. In additional this feast's aroma grants a +1 morale bonus to skill checks which persists equally with the other effects after being eaten.
----
----
The inside of the bag turns into a decanter of endless water stuck on geyser mode for one minute, by using a full round action you may partially close the geyser limiting the water escaping but not it's intensity, make a strength check and negate 1 gallon of water each round for each point of the check. You may re-take this save each time you are aided.
----
----
30 Diamonds worth a total of 5,000g, they are intelligent and highly psychoreactive.
Whenever a creature with 3 or higher wisdom tries to perform a skillcheck within 10' these diamonds roll around and attempt to help-- roll a d20 and if it lands on 6-20 you gain a +2 to that skill-check and if it rolls a 1-5 you gain a -2 to that skill-check.
----
----
The bag sends out a pulse that attracts all creatures with the animal type to the location and summoning a spider swarm to your location in 1d8 rounds, these spiders are native to the material plain and stay materialized once summoned.
----
----
Summons a caustic cloud onto the closest building material, burning a hole into it that functions as a magic mouth in the shape of a moving statue face, asking to answer and then answering a question and granting it with the best of it's knowledge using an intelligence 10 knowledge [all] check with 10 ranks (or if one minute passes) before hardening into a regular stone face with eyes closed.
If the caustic cloud cannot deal at least 1 damage to a natural or man-made building material in range it does not create the other effects.
----
----
1 Collar which when worn creates 1d20+5 unseen servants that serve you until the collar is taken off.
----
----
1 Straight piece of striped metal made of alternating cold iron, silver and admantium, when in your hands it becomes whatever weapon you have used the most in your life and has a +1 bonus with the qualities of all of the metals simultaneously.
----
----
1 Large Gazelle animal with odd purple dragonscale barding (+10AC, resistance to all 5)

Strong conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Wondrous Item, Fabricate, Secret Chest, 10,000gp

SowZ
2012-11-25, 06:44 PM
I'd add a note that you can't store these up each day. What you get that day is what you get. So if you get an item one day, if it isn't used before a new item is pulled the next, it disappears.

Medic!
2012-11-25, 06:59 PM
I'd also broaden the range to save you some headache work coming up with 100 things...so like instead of on a 1 you get all those goodies you get all those goodies on a 1-10 or even a 1-20, with a smaller range on the more powerful items.

I'd also borrow from some other items. Some ideas:

a rod of wonder that functions for one day
an animal, akin to a bag of tricks, pops out to serve you for a day (can eat up extra slots by splitting it up into bag of tricks colors
a hero's feast as the spell at the item's CL
a gush of water as a decanter of endless water stuck on geyser mode for the minute the bag is open
a small cache of gems worth 200gp
the open bag serves as a becon for local wild-life, summoning 2d4 vermin that arrive in 2d4 rounds and behave as typical vermin of their type
a cloud of noxious gas spews out as the spell Acid Fog without damaging the bag
an unseen servant (as the spell) serves the bag holder for one day
a +1 randomly generated melee weapon made of silver or cold-iron or adamantium that exists for 1 day with an obvious inscription stating so that can't be hidden or disguised
a pack mule

Maybe it's just me, but I love for items like this to have one or two bad outcomes possible (or situationally bad items)

Gildedragon
2012-11-25, 07:06 PM
This sounds like the opposite end of a Bag of Devouring.
Outside of the 1/day use it should act as a standard bag of holding

Bad Result Idea:
Upon opening, the bag reveals itself to be toothed, and attacks the holder. treat the bag as a mimic

Hanuman
2012-11-27, 04:19 AM
Great responses guys, the best grows!

I'd add a note that you can't store these up each day. What you get that day is what you get. So if you get an item one day, if it isn't used before a new item is pulled the next, it disappears.
Technically the intention was to make them only last a very short amount of time, in-fact it's only supposed to last long enough to improvise a solution to a problem.
I can make it once per day if you guys think that's better usage though, I'm more interested in having people make up things to put in the bag than I am about the specifics.

I'd also broaden the range to save you some headache work coming up with 100 things...so like instead of on a 1 you get all those goodies you get all those goodies on a 1-10 or even a 1-20, with a smaller range on the more powerful items.

I'd also borrow from some other items. Some ideas:

a rod of wonder that functions for one day
an animal, akin to a bag of tricks, pops out to serve you for a day (can eat up extra slots by splitting it up into bag of tricks colors
a hero's feast as the spell at the item's CL
a gush of water as a decanter of endless water stuck on geyser mode for the minute the bag is open
a small cache of gems worth 200gp
the open bag serves as a becon for local wild-life, summoning 2d4 vermin that arrive in 2d4 rounds and behave as typical vermin of their type
a cloud of noxious gas spews out as the spell Acid Fog without damaging the bag
an unseen servant (as the spell) serves the bag holder for one day
a +1 randomly generated melee weapon made of silver or cold-iron or adamantium that exists for 1 day with an obvious inscription stating so that can't be hidden or disguised
a pack mule

Maybe it's just me, but I love for items like this to have one or two bad outcomes possible (or situationally bad items)

I love troublesome outcomes, it makes the game more interesting and feels better handing to a player.

I really enjoyed your items, I've changed them slightly and gave them a bit of color, if you want to change any suggested items if you think they'd be more interesting feel free to fluff or crunch!

This sounds like the opposite end of a Bag of Devouring.
Outside of the 1/day use it should act as a standard bag of holding

Bad Result Idea:
Upon opening, the bag reveals itself to be toothed, and attacks the holder. treat the bag as a mimic
I don't really like the fact that the bag itself turns into a monster, instead 07 now opens the bag's extradimensonal space into that of an ozodrin's stomach, which will utilize all sorts of nonsensical surprise which will forever after seed doubt and trauma into the users ;]

nedz
2012-11-27, 07:12 AM
A Ring of Three Wishes — infected with Wild Magic.
Make a wish normally, and then modify the result by rolling on an appropriate table; or just roll up an effect from the Rod of Wonder list ?