PDA

View Full Version : Non Magical Equipment

hoverfrog
2012-11-25, 05:17 AM
I'm compiling a shopping list of equipment for a 7th level combat oriented rogue. After weapons, armour, a handy haversack and assorted goodies I want to fill the haversack with useful gear.

What would you buy and what would you use it for?

Uncle Pine
2012-11-25, 05:23 AM
Filling a handy haversack? Something tells me that this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101) is exactly what you're looking for. :smallbiggrin:

Gildedragon
2012-11-25, 05:32 AM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101) might be just what you are looking for

Damn, got ninja'd

hymer
2012-11-25, 05:37 AM
You'll need the essentials: Crowbar, hacksaw, and various thongs, hammers and chisels. Never walk far without those!
Plenty of rope, emergency rations, bandages, means of making fire, means of keeping that fire for lighting purposes, a small bag of sand, a steel mirror or two, a silver dagger, wafers (the hacksaw will help there), a pair of dice (possibly an extra loaded pair), a book of holy texts, a small purse of all copper coins, changes of clothes for various purposes, an extra (empty) water skin, some sacks, scissors (of course), a pouch of flour (preferably rye, but most kinds will do in a pinch), universal key (whether lockpicks or sledgehammer), a nice hat, magnifying glass, membership card (any will do), six or more pieces of lint, ink, paper/papyrus, pen, a small round rock that wants to be your friend, toothpicks, sealed jar of honey.

And of course: You gotta know where your towel is.

hoverfrog
2012-11-25, 05:38 AM
You know, that might be exactly what I'm looking for. :smallsmile: Thanks.

Uncle Pine
2012-11-25, 05:41 AM
And of course: You gotta know where your towel is.

I can't believe Shax forgot to put this inside his indispensible haversack. :smallconfused:

Darrin
2012-11-25, 08:26 AM
I can't believe Shax forgot to put this inside his indispensible haversack. :smallconfused:

Honey leather tarpaulin = "elven towel".

Or, if you prefer, shapesand = towel.

(To the OP, everything in the Type I is nonmagical.)