PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Flying Mount [3.PF]

Hyde
2012-11-25, 06:13 AM
We're going on a quest to procure a large-sized mount for our party's Oracle (Sorcerer-style cleric). The mount is going to be zombified, skeletonized, or some other such thing, and I thought it would be best to look to the playground for some unique or inspired choices.

We're looking at the following criteria:

Large Size: The Oracle would like the option to fit the mount places, and the huge creature that this new one is replacing is still a thing.

Unique abilities: We have the option of retaining all abilities up to a cap of 18HD, or we can make a more classic zombie or skeleton out of something up to 22HD. The more interesting the creature, the better.

Flight: An absolute must; While a supernatural means of flying would allow a greater array of undead, we're not really picky.

Death Motif: Purely optional, since it will be an undead, but our Oracle has style.

The Creature need not be particularly suited for mounted combat, as Miss Cleo has no ability to that effect, it will only be transporting her from place to place. Seriously, it could be some kind of inflated toad that we'd have to suspend a basket from.

Thanks for your input in advance :mitd:

Hyde
2012-11-25, 09:03 AM
I suppose a better way to ask the question is "Can you do better than a black dragon?"

Eldonauran
2012-11-25, 03:56 PM
I suppose a better way to ask the question is "Can you do better than a black dragon?"

:smallamused:

Probably not but, earning the ire of all dragons everywhere from zombifying another dragon probably isn't worth the trouble.

Hyde
2012-11-25, 06:16 PM
:smallamused:

Probably not but, earning the ire of all dragons everywhere from zombifying another dragon probably isn't worth the trouble.

I might be worried if there were dragons that could actually mess with us at this point.

Jack_Simth
2012-11-25, 06:34 PM
I suppose a better way to ask the question is "Can you do better than a black dragon?"Yeah. Blue. A burrow speed can be crazy-useful.

NikitaDarkstar
2012-11-25, 06:40 PM
Zombie wyvern? It can fly, it has the death thing going and it's less likely to piss of dragons.