PDA

View Full Version : A few questions.

killem2
2012-11-25, 10:52 AM
I'm helping two more players to my session create characters and I'm starting with both with 19k gold.

First, when you pick up armor and it is causes someone with a speed of 30 or 20 to drop in speed, how is that handled with:

People who have 40+ speed.

People who can fly at 20/30.

People who can fly at 40+ speed.

Is the total cost of a +1 Fire, Frost, Shock, Keen Greatsword cost 50k.

Fates
2012-11-25, 12:14 PM
I'm helping two more players to my session create characters and I'm starting with both with 19k gold.

First, when you pick up armor and it is causes someone with a speed of 30 or 20 to drop in speed, how is that handled with:

People who have 40+ speed.

People who can fly at 20/30.

People who can fly at 40+ speed.

Is the total cost of a +1 Fire, Frost, Shock, Keen Greatsword cost 50k.

Armor itself doesn't affect fly speed. If you have a medium of heavy load, however, you are unable to fly. However, it depends on what kind of flight it is. If they are using the fly spell or something similar, for example, they fly at 60 feet, or 40 with medium or heavy armor or a medium or heavy load.

What sort of flight are your players using? A magic item, wings, or a spell?

A +1 Flaming, Frost, Shocking, Keen Greatsword would cost 50,350. The enhancements add up to a total of 50,000 gp, but you also need to add the cost of the masterwork greatsword that is used to make it, which costs 350 gp.

Flickerdart
2012-11-25, 12:18 PM
It seems that the penalty for wearing medium and heavy armour is intended to be 1/4 of your movement speed, then rounded down to the nearest 5 feet (so 20ft characters drop to 15, but 30ft characters drop to 22.5, which rounds down to 20). Following that pattern, a 40ft base land speed characters would have a speed of 30ft when in medium or heavy armour.