PDA

View Full Version : Sgt. Cookie's collection of half-breeds, taking requests. [D&D 3.5, Templates, PEACH]

Sgt. Cookie
2012-11-25, 12:25 PM
I'm not the first to say this. The half breeds in D&D 3.5 are crap, uninspired and far to generic. Every half fiend is a purple skinned, bat winged creature of evil and every half dragon is a scaly creature with fangs.

And yet, there are a rainbow of evil outsiders, from Chain devils, to Sucubi, to Balors. So why does the offspring they produce look and act identical?

Why is it all that differentiates half dragons are scale colour and breath weapon when a Black Dragon and a Silver Dragon have much more that differentiate them?

Requesting a Half-Breed:
When requesting a Half-Breed you must adhere to the following:

1. You must request a specific creature, such as a Half-Balor, something generic such as half-undead, will be ignored.

2. The creature must be capable of breeding with a Humanoid under it's own inherent abilities or a generic version exists, such as a Half-Celestial.

3. I will do the half breeds in any order I desire, but I will get round to them all eventually.

Current requests:

Half-Marilith
Half-Djinni
Half imp
half aboleth
Half-Tojanida
Half-Grey Render
Half-Gnoll

Currently working on: Half-Marilith

Table of Contents:
Half-Nymph

Half-Nymph

Sometimes, Humanoid protecters of nature, or those who have earned the trust of a Nymph are invited to their sacred grounds, a great honour indeed. Rarer still are those who have earned more than trust, who's children are no less connected to nature than their Mother.

Creating a Half-Nymph

Half-Nymph is an inherited template that can be added to any Humanoid refered to hereafter as the Base Creature. Unlike their Mother, a Half-Nymph can be of either gender.

A Half-Nymph uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here:

Size and Type:
The Base Creature's size is unchanged.
Type changes to Fey.

Speed:
Speed is unchanged.
Half-Nymphs gain a swim speed equal to half their Base Land Speed.

Armour Class:
The Half-Nymph adds it's Charisma bonus as a Deflection bonus to it's AC.

Attack:
As Base Creature.

Special Attacks:

Clouding Beauty (Su):
Like it's Mother, a Half-Nymph's beauty can remove the sight of it's enemies. Unlike it's Mother, a Half-Nymph does not have the same power, instead causing it's opponents sight to beome clouded and hazy.

Against a number of Humanoids within 30 feet who look upon the Half-Nymph, they must succed on a Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ Hitdice + Charisma Modifer) or suffer from semi-blindness. All attacks made by the affected creature have a 60% chance to miss. This semi-blindness lasts for 2d4 rounds, after which it must make the save again. Any Humanoid that saves against this ability cannot be affected again for 24 hours.

The Half-Nymph can only affect a number of creatures equal to twice it's HD, though it may select which Humanoids are affected. The Half-Nymph is automaticly assumed to be protecting it's allies from this ability.

Special qualities:

Cold Iron Vulnerability (Ex):
Like it's Mother, a Half-Nymph is vulnerable to Cold Iron weapons, but it lacks the defence it's Mother possesed. Cold Iron weapons deal maximum damage to Half-Nymphs.

Abilities:
+6 Charisma

Skills:
Half-Nymphs have a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Challenge rating:
1-2 HD: +1, 3+ HD: +0

Level Adjustment:
+1

al'raith
2012-11-25, 02:32 PM
I'd like to see a proper half-devil

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-25, 02:42 PM
Most stuff has already been done, But I have never, EVER Seen a good-looking Half-Drake template (Take your pick, Their is The Horned and the Crested.)

Domriso
2012-11-25, 11:09 PM
I've always been particularly fond of the idea of a half-marilith, and those of a half-angel (never could pick one I wanted more than others). Those are all I can think of at the moment.

togapika
2012-11-26, 02:23 AM
Half-Djinni Please!

bobthe6th
2012-11-26, 02:47 AM
Half imp could be funny... Or a half aboleth. Humans have shown a propensity for breeding with anything.

Half gnome? or perhaps a half goblin? or a half goblin/half halfling(or quarterling if you will)?

And for giggles, a half lich. I mean you need to get the lich loved feat somehow...

Zale
2012-11-26, 05:00 AM
You never see Half-Dwarves in most settings.

Or a Half-Tojanida.

Or a Half-Grey Render (Though they are supposedly asexual, but hey, MAGIC!)

Sgt. Cookie
2012-11-26, 06:03 AM
I'd like to see a proper half-devil

Yeah... gonna have to be more specific. Any Devil in particular?

And for giggles, a half lich. I mean you need to get the lich loved feat somehow...

Lich loved is pretty clear. You shag a Lich.

Half-Lich might be interesting. Given how it's a ritual, only way I can see that happening is a mishap with the ritual occurring. I'll see what I can come up with.

and those of a half-angel (never could pick one I wanted more than others).

Gonna have to I'm afraid.

falloutimperial
2012-11-26, 06:13 AM
Half-Gnolls would be cool...

bobthe6th
2012-11-26, 08:40 AM
Makes Tuskikos actions make a lot more sense. She just wanted a damned feat, why was that so hard for people. just. one. feat.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-11-26, 09:00 AM
Sorry, what do you mean Bobthe6th?

tallonRook
2012-11-26, 09:09 AM
I'd personally like to see a Half-Lich where one of the parents was a lich. Probably the father, I don't know how having a lich for a mother would work. It'd be personally useful for a couple of characters. But a "ritual mishap" half-lich template would also probably work stat-wise.
Also, a half-fallen angel would be nice. If you need a specific type of fallen angel, then a fallen solar?
Edit: By that I mean that one of the parents would be a fallen angel, not that the angel itself would be only half fallen.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-11-26, 09:23 AM
Are there any rules in particular that govern Fallen Angels, or will I have to eyeball it?

bobthe6th
2012-11-26, 09:25 AM
Sorry, what do you mean Bobthe6th?

Necromancer thurge in the comic this is the forum for? Long standing lust for the lich villain? Brutaly murdered by her own undead?

Sgt. Cookie
2012-11-26, 09:27 AM
Ah, yeah. Sorry. Been a while since I read that bit.

tallonRook
2012-11-26, 09:31 AM
I don't think so, sorry. I think they get the evil reverse of a lot of the things they get from being angels? Unholy Aura instead of Holy Aura, Inflict spells instead of Cure spells, etc.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-11-26, 10:10 AM
Yeah, probably what I was going to do anyway.

Kazyan
2012-11-26, 10:19 AM
There's a generic one for their type, so...Half-Jermlaine or Half-Petal. I just wanna see you try to explain either one, really. Magic?

bobthe6th
2012-11-26, 12:45 PM
There's a generic one for their type, so...Half-Jermlaine or Half-Petal. I just wanna see you try to explain either one, really. Magic?

Expasion, done.

bobthe6th
2012-11-29, 12:30 AM
another one! A half drow! I don't think half elf would quite cover it, as I doubt that it would do ambasidor work... given it would probably be out cast from drow society. Might be fun to make it a proper Drizz't clone race, a reasonable excuse for random CG dark elves showing up every were.

Other cool thing would be a half drow half orc... Like a more natively evil voldiar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238557)

or a half dyklar/half aboleth? I mean i guess there is the problem of making it playable...

Mithril Leaf
2012-11-29, 01:22 AM
Half Movanic Deva, most humans would shag one of those. Medium sized, low HD. Perfect fodder to be half something.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-11-29, 03:44 PM
@Bobthesixth: What's a Dyklar? I can't find it anywhere.

@ML: That's going in the list as soon as I can add it.

Arcanist
2012-11-29, 03:53 PM
Half-Balor. Acererak is fluff wise supposed to be a Half-Fiend Lichfiend, but doesn't qualify because it lacks 5 At Will spell like abilities. Please help me out on this one... Make Acererak qualify to be a Lich... or a Lichfiend... whichever...

bobthe6th
2012-11-29, 04:51 PM
@Bobthesixth: What's a Dyklar? I can't find it anywhere.

actually found it's Daelkyr (http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Daelkyr)... I remembered it phonetically, and the ae became a y. The link is to the wiki for them. Actual stats are I think in the eberon campain setting. In magic of eberon there is-I hear-a decent half daelkyr race. Just thinking adding a bit of super magic fish to them would make them just that much more insane... not that great an idea for this project though. Just really cool.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-12-08, 10:13 AM
Half-Marilith (WIP)

Mariliths. The name brigns forth vile images of a strange creature. But, these creatures, like many of their demonic kin, have the ability to assume the form of other creatures. This often leads them to consumate pacts with cultists, or even strike out on their own. Producing their own vile offspring.

Creating a Half-Marilith

Half-Marilith is an inherited template that can be added to any living corporal creature.

A Half-Marilith uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here:

Size and Type:
The Base Creature's size is unchanged.
Type changes to Outsider.

Speed:
Speed is unchanged.

Armour Class:
The base creature gains a +4 to it's natural armour.

Attack:
As Base Creature.

Full Attack:
As base creature, + 2 attacks.

Special Attacks:

Constrict (Ex):

Special qualities:

Abilities:

Skills:

Challenge rating:

Level Adjustment:

ZippoMoon
2012-12-09, 01:17 AM
Hey we Griffin's need love'n to, so can I get a half-Giffin PLZ?

Zman
2012-12-09, 01:23 AM
About your Half Nymph Templat, there is already an official Half-Nymph in existence.

Also, +6 Cha for a +1 LA is asking for abuse.

Anecronwashere
2012-12-09, 05:09 AM
I want a 1/2 Human Template.
Because why do Humans always have the Dominant genes?
A 1/2 Nymph Human is more Human than Nymph. A 1/2 Human Nymph is more Nymph than Human.

If they have a high LA, and some powerful abilities it could also partially explain the...propensity for interracial relationships.
Because they are powerful Things and could even have abilities from long-forgotten bloodlines

Hmm, though that might be more of a Bloodline

Omnicrat
2012-12-09, 05:28 AM
Half-Etheargaunt would be very interesting... If you need a specific cast, I think red would make the most sense.

zzuxon
2012-12-09, 10:57 AM
How about a Half-Beholder?
I would also like to see a HalfDwarf/HalfGnome and Dwelf.

ShadowFireLance
2012-12-09, 02:43 PM
How about a Half-Beholder?
I would also like to see a HalfDwarf/HalfGnome and Dwelf.

half-Beholder is in Bastards and Bloodlines FYI, Incase You want to check their first

togapika
2012-12-29, 12:21 AM
Are these still in progress?

Omnicrat
2012-12-29, 12:40 AM
Are these still in progress?

My guess is no.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-12-29, 12:28 PM
Yes, I'm trying, but IRL is slowing down progress somewhat.

togapika
2013-01-23, 02:17 AM
Slowing down progress or halting it completely?

Vaz
2013-01-23, 05:31 AM
I´d like to see a Half Cornugon and Half Marilith templates if you please!

Omnicrat
2013-01-23, 06:57 AM
Anyone else out there that wants to pick up the torch? I still want to see my half-ethergaunt.