PDA

View Full Version : Windows Display Driver Issues

Astral Avenger
2012-11-25, 01:05 PM
Hello Playgrounders

About a month ago I started having a problem where my screen would momentarily go black then about 1-2 seconds later it would come back on and pop up with this message:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows XP(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Any help in dealing with this would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know anything about reverse compatibility, but I am guessing that it has to do with drivers for Windows XP while running Windows 7.

Potentially important stuff:

It only happens while watching youtube via chrome, never happened with firefox or on any other website.
It usually happens about 2-3 minutes into the video.
It does not happen on every video, sometimes it doesn't happen for days, other times it will happen every 20 minutes.
I have a Dell Latitude E4300 running Windows 7 Home Premium

Edit: Whoops, wrong forum:smalleek:, would a mod could please move it to where it belongs.

nedz
2012-11-25, 08:29 PM
Look in the event viewer — there may be more information.

erm, that will probably confuse you.

Control Panel
System and Security
Administrative Tools
View Event Logs

This will launch an app — just dig around and look for events from the time in question. Hopefully this will give you more information which you can use to search for a solution on the old internet.

Astral Avenger
2012-11-25, 09:18 PM
I just watched youtube vids until the error happened, nothing has shown up in the event viewer for the past 2 hours.

factotum
2012-11-26, 01:27 AM
Well, I suppose the obvious question is: why are you using a Windows XP driver when Dell appear to offer a Windows 7 graphics driver for that laptop on their website?