PDA

View Full Version : Qu [Quina from FF IX, Omnomnomicon race]

Admiral Squish
2012-11-25, 06:28 PM
Qu

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/294/e/c/FFRPG_Races_08_Qu_by_questingraven.png
I do what I want. You have problem?

Qu are a race of swamp-dwelling folk with a strong appreciation for taste and food. Some call them frog folk due to their long tongues and squat bodies. It might also have something to do with the fact that frog meat is a staple of most Qu recipies.
Personality: Qu are strongly individualistic. They tend to believe that everyone has the right to do anything they want, as long as it doesn’t harm anyone.
Physical Description: Qu are relatively short and squat. They have short legs and large, round bellies. Their faces are wide, with small eyes featuring hourglass-shaped pupils, wide mouths, and no nose. Their most interesting feature is their tongue, which hangs out of their mouth most of the time, to about level with their chest. Since they have no nose, they use their tongue in much the same way, tasting the air. The tongue can be pulled back in, but they prefer not to, unless there’s an unpleasant taste in the air. They can even ‘fire’ their tongue out to grab things. Males and females are virtually indistinguishable.
Relations: Qu tend to remain isolated in their swamps. They are usually friendly to outsiders, but outsiders often have trouble truly blending into qu society. Qu that visit other lands, particularly cities, tend to create friction due to their unusual views on proper behavior, but they often make close friends among similarly free-spirited individuals.
Alignment: Qu are strongly chaotic and generally good.
{table=head]|L|N|C
G|10|15|20
N|5|10|20
E|5|5|10[/table]
Lands: Qu swamps are insular communities in marshes. Qu homes are usually small, elevated above the surface of the water on stilts, with a ramp leading down to a dry area that rises out of the swamp. This small area of dry land is usually where the kitchen area is. Often, several qu homes will share the same dry patch, sometimes with separate kitchens, other times with larger, communal ones.
Religion: Qu worship their marshes as a living entities, but they also worship a variety of other deities, including deities with strong elemental ties to earth and water, gods of food and cooking, and gods of nature.
Language: Qu speak common, though their lack of a nose and large tongue means they speak it with some difficulty, sounding like they are speaking with a full mouth. There was a qu language long ago, but it was eventually supplanted by common. They do still use words from the old language to describe tastes, textures, flavors and occasionally the names of dishes. Qu words are very heavy on vowel sounds. They use the word ‘taste’ the way most use the word ‘smell’, since the senses are the same to them.
Names: Traditonally, qu names start with the letters ‘Qu’. The names are usually gender-neutral.
Adventurers: Qu adventurers are usually Gourmands. Most often ,their motivation is pure wanderlust. They want to see and taste everything the world has to offer.

-2 dexterity, +2 constitution. Qu are hardy, but heavy-set and slow to move.
Monstrous Humanoid type
Medium Size
Qu have a base land speed of 20 feet
Scent
Tongue: A qu has a long, flexible tongue that they can use to grab things. A qu’s tounge has a reach of ten feet. A qu can use their tongue for a number of purposes. They can grab small objects weighing no more than (10 lbs x qu’s str mod) and pull it toward them. A qu can use their tongue to deliver touch spells and other touch-based effects, or to trip/disarm opponents at a range.
Big-Boned: Qu possess the Overweight trait. They do not take a penalty to speed.
Martial Proficiency: Qu are considered proficient with tridents.
Base Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Orc, Sylvan
Favored Class: Gourmand

ScrambledBrains
2012-11-25, 07:53 PM
Religion got cut off. Otherwise, I love it! :smallbiggrin:

Admiral Squish
2012-11-25, 09:11 PM
Religion got cut off. Otherwise, I love it! :smallbiggrin:

Aww, nertz. That actually didn't get cut off, I started it and forgot to finish. :smallannoyed:
But it's all fixed now.

ScrambledBrains
2012-11-25, 09:24 PM
Aww, nertz. That actually didn't get cut off, I started it and forgot to finish. :smallannoyed:
But it's all fixed now.

Sweet! :smallbiggrin: Now to wait for the Gourmand to be finished! :smallsmile:

Admiral Squish
2012-11-26, 12:03 AM
That may be a while. Gourmand's the one I've been having the most trouble with, I'll be honest. But if you want to go to the main thread and lend your voice as to class features you'd like to see, you might be able to help.

ScrambledBrains
2012-11-26, 12:29 AM
That may be a while. Gourmand's the one I've been having the most trouble with, I'll be honest. But if you want to go to the main thread and lend your voice as to class features you'd like to see, you might be able to help.

I will do my best. :smallsmile: To the Omnomnomicon!