PDA

View Full Version : ICONS/ Whats your ideal starting place for your games?

Hopeless
2012-11-26, 06:36 AM
Been reading the latest thread on the Icons yahoo group and I was wondering why I hadn't seen anything similar here... so here I go!

The latest idea is about setting up an unsual background for a new superhero campaign, in my case I wondered about what if your superhero team is actually been formed by members of a retired super villain community who being seriously dated in style have chosen to come forward to protect their families and loved ones from the modern age superheroes who use them to publcise themselves even when they're not the ones committing the crime but also to show their successors that they're far from past it!

Whats your ideal start for a game?

Hopeless
2012-11-27, 09:08 AM
So starting up a game on a yahoo group site if anyone is interested in Icons.

Street level game with one player currently.

A still working radio blares out an emergency news broadcast
"An explosion on the outskirts of Miracle City has caused a power cut in the immediate vicinity as reports come in of a sixty foot tall stag beetle heading for the city centre... seriously?" the unseen announcer queries an assistant as the ground trembles as something huge stuymbles its way towards the brightly lit centre of Miracle City.
The occupants of the restaurant are either hiiding under tables, stumbling out back in the opposite direction of the gojira sized monster or just looking outside.

"Karma," a wheezy voice mutters.
"Yes Uncle Thad?" a slight voice responds from the floor beside his table.
"Sic that critter with bad luck before it gets out of range," he points out the oversized insect earning a blank look of disbelief from his great niece.
"Or you could help that boy over there in the ruins of that street gang's demolished van" he adds after a moments thought pointing out someone struggling from the ruins of an 1980's A-Team style van.
"What if he's a member of their gang," Karma asks curiously.
"Don't be silly dear, he certainly wouldn't have landed on that van if he was a member at least he wouldn't have still be struggling out of the ruins in that case," he points out as another voice yells "Oi! my van!"

Sorry couldn't resist!:smallwink: