PDA

View Full Version : Weapons for Feinting

Crake
2012-11-26, 10:24 AM
Pretty much as the title says. What weapons are useful for feinting? I know of the quickblade rapier in complete adventurer that gives a +2 circumstance bonus.

Darth Stabber
2012-11-26, 04:02 PM
Pretty much as the title says. What weapons are useful for feinting? I know of the quickblade rapier in complete adventurer that gives a +2 circumstance bonus.

That's about it. Feinting is generally considered a weak choice of actions, and there isn't really enough support. There a few feats that help, and an item that replicate said feats would obviously be right up your alley, but aside from that I don't know. There is an item that gives you a fighter bonus feat, but I can't remember for the life of me what it is or what book it's in.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-11-26, 05:30 PM
If you do want to feint in combat I suggest going into Invisible blade; but please ignore the stupid errata that neuters the class main shtick

Crake
2012-11-26, 08:11 PM
If you do want to feint in combat I suggest going into Invisible blade; but please ignore the stupid errata that neuters the class main shtick

sadly this is for an e6 campaign, so not much room for prc. One of my players is looking to run a CA ninja and plans on using feint to catch opponents flat footed for sudden strike. The reason hes not just gonna whore the invisibility ability is because magic is highly illegal in the setting I'm using, so supernatural abilities like that would be equally prosecuted. He's planning on saving those for dungeon/infiltration encounters.

Darth Stabber
2012-11-26, 08:32 PM
There is a skill trick that gives you enough concealment to attempt a hide check as a move action. It's not as spammable as feinting, but it might cover the need for just 2 skillpoints.

Socratov
2012-11-27, 05:37 AM

Errata? What errata? I see no errata for Invisible blade

*walks away from a burning pile of papers, whistling*

Killer Angel
2012-11-27, 06:03 AM
Errata? What errata? I see no errata for Invisible blade

I like to consider it an Invisible Errata. :smalltongue: