PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't this be Awesome: Batman Beyond. THE MOVIE

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-26, 11:11 AM
Again, angry-face to spite a certain Doctor friend of mine.

Anyway. This setting would be FANTASTIC.

Its Cyburpunk (We kinda don't get many of them anymore), and it could explore some of the more (I almost spit the word now) "darker" aspects of Batman Beyond.

Its a world where Batman retired, and doesn't get a happy ending. Hes a old man living in an empty mansion.

His corporation is taken over, and sells horrific weapons. His master enemy leaves a stronger legacy then he does, and crime and corporate manipulation run rampant.

And then a new Batman has to come along. Who to his credit is different. Terry wasn't Bruce 2.0 (Co0wlr and more RAAAAD for the kids). As terry progressed through the show his sense of humor started to disappear as the job started to get to him, but he still felt like a different person then Bruce.

I would LOVE to see a great- Live Action adaptation to Batman Beyond.

Mando Knight
2012-11-26, 11:46 AM
Terry wasn't Bruce 2.0 (Co0wlr and more RAAAAD for the kids). As terry progressed through the show his sense of humor started to disappear as the job started to get to him, but he still felt like a different person then Bruce.

He grows into the Batman role... even in Return of the Joker (the animated film that has Terry face off with Bruce's nemesis, reborn) he throws off Mr. J with his different personality, but by Epilogue (the JLU episode that gives some closure to Terry's story) he's more similar to his predecessor than he ever would want to admit...

Dusk Eclipse
2012-11-26, 11:51 AM
Not sure if I would like to see a live action movie, I don't think the aesthetics of the show would translate very well. But I would love to see or read something new with Batman Beyond, it was one of my favourite shows when I was younger.

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-26, 11:55 AM
Blade Runner! Cmon! And with Modern CG combined with real life props it would look perfect!

Dusk Eclipse
2012-11-26, 12:10 PM
Haven't seen Blade Runner and well I love animation, so I would love to see more in the big screen.

DiscipleofBob
2012-11-26, 12:34 PM
Don't forget the last episode of JLU, which adds even more depth to Terry.

Ravens_cry
2012-11-26, 01:32 PM
Blade Runner! Cmon! And with Modern CG combined with real life props it would look perfect!
I think its slick look is better suited to 2D animation.
Sure, modern CGI could do it, but it would look very plastic.

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-26, 01:35 PM
Well OK there is that. But blade runner didn't look plasticy.

I would just want one more season of Batman Beyond.

Ravens_cry
2012-11-26, 01:37 PM
Well OK there is that. But blade runner didn't look plasticy.

I would just want one more season of Batman Beyond.
That's because Blade Runner had a very different aesthetic, more early cyberpunk mixed with 40's film noir, very industrial.

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-26, 01:43 PM
I would say Batman Beyond could translate like that as well. Less grimy but not super sleek.

Bastian Weaver
2012-11-26, 03:25 PM
They actually planned a Batman Beyond movie, but... well. We got Nolan's trilogy instead.

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-26, 03:39 PM
Thinking about it.....Im actually very sad. :smallfrown:

LaZodiac
2012-11-26, 04:05 PM
This is basically the best place to go from here, in regards to the Nolan films. I say we have a movie or two featuring Robin's rise to Nightwing, then we cut many years later to Batman Beyond. Bruce has changed identities and moved back to Gotham, missing the place. For understandable reasons. Nightwing's already cleaned it up and moved to his own city, and has entrusted Bruce with watching his old tech incase anything ever comes up.

From there we progress as Batman Beyond does. We also get a nice character moment where Terry asks why he doesn't get the cool hawk based outfit like, and we can have Bruce talk about how the bat has always been a symbol of fear for the villians. We could get some pretty nice interplay between the two, maybe Terry being dismissive of it at first, but one his first night out expierancing just what it is to be under the cowl.

Hell, this even gives us a chance to bring Joker back without Heath Ledger, in a live action equivilent of Return of the Joker. We can explain why he looks different as a combination of age, and the fact that "With a new face for The Bat, so too must The Joker change his face."

Surrealistik
2012-11-26, 04:14 PM
Would love to see Nolan-batman in a dystopian, plutocratic cyberpunk setting, teeming with corruption.

Hell, I'd love to see _any_ effective use of such a setting, but that concept in particular.

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-26, 05:03 PM
This is basically the best place to go from here, in regards to the Nolan films.

No. Get Noland out of here. Whack it with a rusty hammer and keep that abomination (Dark Knight Rises) out of it.

Noland tries to make itself "Realistic" and "Gritty" which is why its all the more laughable when it fails.

It might be connectable if it goes the Cracked route (http://www.cracked.com/article_20108_6-happy-movie-endings-that-actually-ruin-heros-life.html) (Also the Gothams Economy is dead, and all its crminals are on the loose once more, and Robins Batcave is still located under an Orphanage), but then there is the loose plot point of Salina to tie up.

No. Batman Beyond should show that Batman doesn't have to be super realistic and gritty to have an impact. Nolands Batman is like the flip side of Batman forever (And Tim Burtons Batman is more like: Tim Burtons; Time Burton more then anything). Batman beyond should be the movie thats in-between. The best area for superheroes to be.

Surrealistik
2012-11-26, 05:29 PM
It might be connectable if it goes the Cracked route (http://www.cracked.com/article_20108_6-happy-movie-endings-that-actually-ruin-heros-life.html) (Also the Gothams Economy is dead, and all its crminals are on the loose once more, and Robins Batcave is still located under an Orphanage), but then there is the loose plot point of Salina to tie up.

My thoughts exactly. It seems like it'll only be a matter of time before Bruce's completely inexperienced, woefully underequipped replacement fails and Gotham reverts into a crapsack dystopia; it's the perfect preamble to its cyberpunk incarnation.

I'd have to disagree with you on excising grimdarkness from the Batman franchise. Dark and gritty is the best thing ever to happen to the IP even if Nolan's interpretation is far from perfect (despite being thoroughly enjoyable).

Ravens_cry
2012-11-26, 05:37 PM
I think the Batman the Animated series at it's best was about pitch Perfect for the level of darkness for Batman. Not so much it was oppressive, but not campy either. There is a reason why several well received characters, like Harley and Doctor Freezem either got their place or were significantly revitalized in that series.

Turalisj
2012-11-26, 06:08 PM
And then a new Batman has to come along. Who to his credit is different. Terry wasn't Bruce 2.0 (Co0wlr and more RAAAAD for the kids). As terry progressed through the show his sense of humor started to disappear as the job started to get to him, but he still felt like a different person then Bruce.

He is literally Bruce Wayne's clone.

Ravens_cry
2012-11-26, 06:16 PM
He is literally Bruce Wayne's clone.
No, unless they changed things after the Epilogue in Justice League Unlimited. He's Bruce's biological son.

LaZodiac
2012-11-26, 08:02 PM
No, unless they changed things after the Epilogue in Justice League Unlimited. He's Bruce's biological son.

Which is a great twist I saw coming, if only becuse they both have black hair. Tenious connection, but young me thought it was the case.

Ravens_cry
2012-11-26, 09:31 PM
Which is a great twist I saw coming, if only becuse they both have black hair. Tenious connection, but young me thought it was the case.
Wow, now that's Bat-logic worthy of Adam West himself!:smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2012-11-26, 09:58 PM
It's not as crazy as it sounds. Terry and Matt both being black haired children of two red heads, a very improbable inheritance, was noted by a lot of fans as evidence that Bruce was actually their father somehow. Or at least evidence that the animators didn't care about such things :smallwink:

There's an interesting theory I found that Warren and Mary's divorce was actually tied to Terry and Matt's appearance. Have one son that looks nothing like you, you can write it off, but have two...

SiuiS
2012-11-26, 10:17 PM
Again, angry-face to spite a certain Doctor friend of mine.

Anyway. This setting would be FANTASTIC.

Its Cyburpunk (We kinda don't get many of them anymore), and it could explore some of the more (I almost spit the word now) "darker" aspects of Batman Beyond.

Its a world where Batman retired, and doesn't get a happy ending. Hes a old man living in an empty mansion.

His corporation is taken over, and sells horrific weapons. His master enemy leaves a stronger legacy then he does, and crime and corporate manipulation run rampant.

I would LOVE to see a great- Live Action adaptation to Batman Beyond.

Actually, given that The Dark Knight Rises had a cybernetic leg strength enhancer, a flying bat mobile, and a kid off the street let in on the legacy while abruce himself is too old, I kinda thought that was the implicit ending of the newest trilogy. Up until the end of the newest trilogy, that is.

Ravens_cry
2012-11-26, 10:18 PM
Makes you wonder if the Epilogue 'he's Bruce's son' was a 'Hey, why not?' on the part of the writers. While it was nice to have some conclusion, the whole bit about Bruce being his biological father actually meaning anything on an emotional level never sat well with me, to be honest.

LaZodiac
2012-11-26, 11:44 PM
It's not as crazy as it sounds. Terry and Matt both being black haired children of two red heads, a very improbable inheritance, was noted by a lot of fans as evidence that Bruce was actually their father somehow. Or at least evidence that the animators didn't care about such things :smallwink:

There's an interesting theory I found that Warren and Mary's divorce was actually tied to Terry and Matt's appearance. Have one son that looks nothing like you, you can write it off, but have two...

Makes you wonder if the Epilogue 'he's Bruce's son' was a 'Hey, why not?' on the part of the writers. While it was nice to have some conclusion, the whole bit about Bruce being his biological father actually meaning anything on an emotional level never sat well with me, to be honest.

I honestly think it was always intentional. Bruce always seemed like a father figure to Terry, even more then just a "mentor student" type relathionship. Atleast after awhile. The whole "Terry's parents are both red heads, and Terry's hair is the same color as Bruce's was" seems like a really good bit of foreshadowing, wheter it was at the start of series or not. It was executed well.

Dienekes
2012-11-26, 11:49 PM

I actually kind of hated that twist and thought it took away a bit from Terry as a character. He's no longer proof that yes, even a normal can be amazing with the right training and dedication. I mean, sure he's not completely Batman crazy prepared and all, but he's a reaffirmation of the power of the individual.

After the reveal it's nope, Bruce Wayne just had amazing ubermensch sperm.

Surrealistik
2012-11-27, 01:14 AM

Agreed. It was a thoroughly lazy and disappointing twist.

Dienekes
2012-11-27, 01:29 AM
Agreed. It was a thoroughly lazy and disappointing twist.

That said, I still can't find it in myself to hate the episode. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bOJ3uR0s2s)

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-27, 01:41 AM
I didn't see it that way. I thought the point was that he WASN'T a clone of Batman and stuff. It was that the genetics was unrelated to the occurrences. Its that he as a person was the Batman. Not his genes.

Bastian Weaver
2012-11-27, 01:45 AM
Like it was said already... Nolan's trilogy is all about super duper dark and "realistic". Now, Terry? He's a superhero. He meets aliens and mutants and robots. He defeats a gang of teenage cyborgs because he knows that a certain doctor loves his wife dearly.
So no, I wouldn't want any connections between that trilogy and Batman Beyond.
And Epilogue... I think that the point is, Terry faces a serious problem in this one. He finds out that his whole life was a lie. Everything was planned from the start.
And in the end, he says "Fine, it doesn't change anything. I am what I am. I'm not going to change just because someone wanted to turn me into a living franchise continuation. I'm Batman. Here's the girl that I love. Here's the old man that's as close to me as a father could be. Here's my life, and I'm going to live it my way".

Dienekes
2012-11-27, 02:07 AM
I didn't see it that way. I thought the point was that he WASN'T a clone of Batman and stuff. It was that the genetics was unrelated to the occurrences. Its that he as a person was the Batman. Not his genes.

Yeah but he already had that moral before the twist. Even this kid could be
Batman. So either the twist was entirely pointless, or super sperm. Since the whole thing was orchestrated by Waller and with a little luck brought about the same rough endpoint I'm going to have to go with the super sperm. If genetics were unrelated to the occurrence why make such a point about the fact it is Bruce's genes? Hell Waller says the genes made a difference even if it wasn't 100% (didn't quite get his magnificent brain).

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-27, 02:30 AM
Because it was to put the character through some trials. He finds out something that shocks him. But then he overcomes it, and comes to accept himself, and tries to change his destiny of ending up like Bruce.

Its NOT supersperm. Waller was just being paranoid in the belief that Being Batman is somehow related to Genetics.

LaZodiac
2012-11-27, 03:26 AM
I actually kind of hated that twist and thought it took away a bit from Terry as a character. He's no longer proof that yes, even a normal can be amazing with the right training and dedication. I mean, sure he's not completely Batman crazy prepared and all, but he's a reaffirmation of the power of the individual.

Does it really? He was raised without any of the stuff that steeled Bruce to the world. Doesn't the fact that he's still able to be a hero prove that it's not genetics, or ever how you're raised, but it's who the person is at their core that makes them a hero? Terry's not a hero because he's the son of Batman, he's the hero because he's got the disposition of being one. He just needed a little push, and that's what Bruce did when he made him The Batman.

I should note, I've never seen the episode that reveals they are actually related by the way.

Bastian Weaver
2012-11-27, 04:01 AM
Bruce didn't make Terry Batman. He trained him and helped him, but it was Terry's own decision.
Besides, Terry stole the suit in the first place.

Dienekes
2012-11-27, 09:09 AM
Because it was to put the character through some trials. He finds out something that shocks him. But then he overcomes it, and comes to accept himself, and tries to change his destiny of ending up like Bruce.

Its NOT supersperm. Waller was just being paranoid in the belief that Being Batman is somehow related to Genetics.

And yet the evidence provided tends to show she's correct. Of all the people in all of Gotham that live a crudy life with family taken from them by the villains (implied and shown to be a lot) the only one who took the mantle was from the genetic line of Bruce.

Now making Terry go through a shock and deciding to not be like Bruce? That's fine, and could have been handled a multitude of different ways from how it was handled in the episode.

Does it really? He was raised without any of the stuff that steeled Bruce to the world. Doesn't the fact that he's still able to be a hero prove that it's not genetics, or ever how you're raised, but it's who the person is at their core that makes them a hero? Terry's not a hero because he's the son of Batman, he's the hero because he's got the disposition of being one. He just needed a little push, and that's what Bruce did when he made him The Batman.

I should note, I've never seen the episode that reveals they are actually related by the way.

Quite the contrary actually. Going off of the Nature/Nurture debate we can see right through your examples it's not nurture. Terry did not have the same lifestyle Bruce had growing up. So that leaves nature, the substance provided by his genetics which ties directly back to the only other Batman in this universe and links Batman to Bruce's genes.

Also your last sentence implies you have not watched all of Justice League. You should correct this, because it's awesome.

Ravens_cry
2012-11-27, 09:27 AM
Not that Cadmus didn't try on both the Nature and Nurture front.

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-27, 09:47 AM
He was given a super suit that improves all his natural abilities. Did you miss that? If anything it was more fate then anything genetic.

And after years of fighting his natural abilities also increased.

Thats what Terry was upset about. That he was angry at the world for feeling like Batman was dumped onto him. And what aren't superheroes but a bunch of events leading to a personal choice?

Dienekes
2012-11-27, 10:05 AM
Not that Cadmus didn't try on both the Nature and Nurture front.

Indeed, but turns out the noble assassin who only killed mobsters didn't like the idea of murdering innocent civilians.

He was given a super suit that improves all his natural abilities. Did you miss that? If anything it was more fate then anything genetic.

And after years of fighting his natural abilities also increased.

Thats what Terry was upset about. That he was angry at the world for feeling like Batman was dumped onto him. And what aren't superheroes but a bunch of events leading to a personal choice?

Yes, and before the suit he also fought off the Jokerz and had the drive for justice and revenge that made Batman Batman. Going off of the evidence given from the Epilogue this can be seen as genetic based, since we are given no other reason for this other than genetics that leaves me to think it's Bruce's genes.

Now of course it could still not be. But the way the episode is presented as a big reveal it either comes off that it is genes or just a frankly ridiculous and contrived reveal. Either way leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Surrealistik
2012-11-27, 10:18 AM
Now of course it could still not be. But the way the episode is presented as a big reveal it either comes off that it is genes or just a frankly ridiculous and contrived reveal. Either way leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This is basically what it comes down to; it's a lose/lose plot element really.

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-27, 10:21 AM
Before the suit he was part of a street gang and spent 3 months in juvenile hall.

And he fought off some thugs, and then wanted revenge for his fathers murder. Sure seems like genetics at work.

The point if the epilogue was to bring closure to the series and put the character through some conflict.

It was to help him understand that he became batman on his own. Through fate, and through work. But not through genetics and some mad science experiment.

Ravens_cry
2012-11-27, 10:25 AM
I think my favourite part about Batman Beyond was how old Bruce was such a snarky old hardass.
That and the suit, the suit was awesome.:smallamused:

Dienekes
2012-11-27, 10:36 AM
Before the suit he was part of a street gang and spent 3 months in juvenile hall.

And he fought off some thugs, and then wanted revenge for his fathers murder. Sure seems like genetics at work.

The point if the epilogue was to bring closure to the series and put the character through some conflict.

It was to help him understand that he became batman on his own. Through fate, and through work. But not through genetics and some mad science experiment.

Actually in a few continuities young Bruce went through a violent youth phase. And taking disproportionate revenge about parental lose practically defined Bruce. So yeah, still seems genetic.

That might have been the point but as closure it failed. It brought about a problem that was non-existent in the continuity until that episode and then closed that up. They could have had Terry reject being like Bruce in a myriad of ways (Young Justice does this much better with Robin, and as a whole I think that show is worse than the older DCAU) that did not bring up this non-existent problem but instead they chose an incredibly contrived scenario that required a good portion of the episode to be exposition and Waller explaining how much of a ***** she is (which we already knew anyway). This contrived scenario will never be brought up again and has no baring on anything at all except this one episode.

Narratively, that's just sloppy writing.

I think my favourite part about Batman Beyond was how old Bruce was such a snarky old hardass.

Agreed Old Bruce was the best part of BB. Also, love the episode where Old Bruce meets Young Bruce and having him play good cop/bad cop with himself.

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-27, 10:40 AM
If you want here is a run down of the episode to help you understand it:

A: In the future Terry is all Jaded and sad. He pushes everybody away from him and stuff.

B: To top things off he finds out hes genetically related to bruce. Holy crap! Not only does he feel saddled with a curse, but then hes also some stupid lab rat. Hes been created to be batman. He never even had a choice.

C: Oh wait NO! He finds out that NO he isn't a science experiment. He may have half bruces DNA but all he achieved was indeed his own doing. He then realizes that he doesn't HAVE to Become Bat-Brood-man. He can have a life. He also realizes that Bruce also became the father figure that he lost. He returns to his job with a renewed sense of purpose.

edit:

At least thats how I see it. This is up to interpretation.

Dienekes
2012-11-27, 10:49 AM
As much as I enjoy a good sarcastic rebuttal I have seen the episode and nothing you just said actually changes the fact that the scenario was contrived, and it introduced a problem that never mattered before and solved it making that one of the weakest forms of "closure" I have ever seen.

If you want to have him worry about just becoming the Bat you do not need to have him be a clone. It was entirely unnecessary, just make him realize that this is what has become of his life and how it seems he's being pushed into becoming more and more like Bruce. More distant and colder as the things he's seen take their toll, that is ultimately a much more powerful storyline than "I think I'm a clone now" and does seem like a continuation from the show in question and not a plot point that was brought up for no reason.

You can have the same defining story arc of dejection, rejection, and compromise without the idiocy as well.

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-27, 10:56 AM
Well thats your opinion and interpretation. Its not all encompassing.

Its contrived I guess. But I still think it works because of the framing.

Also I didn't like YJ Robin because his character feels artificial. Like a stamp, what a character BEGINS as but not what they evolve into.

JLA began kinda stock, but the characters toned down their "Personality trait" and actually evolved as people.

Dienekes
2012-11-27, 11:02 AM
Well thats your opinion and interpretation. Its not all encompassing.

Very true, art is based upon emotional reaction though, and this did not make me react positively. I'm glad it did for you, but I watched it thinking that it was silly.

Its contrived I guess. But I still think it works because of the framing.

Also I didn't like YJ Robin because his character feels artificial. Like a stamp, what a character BEGINS as but not what they evolve into.

JLA began kinda stock, but the characters toned down their "Personality trait" and actually evolved as people.

When I refer to YJ Robin, specifically I'm talking about how they handled his realization that he does not want to be like Batman. It's pretty well done.

The show is ok, but a lot of the characters annoy me, and their catch phrases should all die in a fire. Interestingly, I think your description of JLA evolution into real characters also hold true for YJ, possibly even moreso since originally I think every character had only 1 trait or catch phrase and developed into characters. Still not as interesting characters as JLAs but they had longer to go.

Scowling Dragon
2012-11-27, 11:10 AM
Possibly. I haven't watched past the first season to find out.

I just don't like the setting or the characters that much (Like you said, they begin even more hollow then the JLA did).

LaZodiac
2012-11-27, 11:21 AM
Also your last sentence implies you have not watched all of Justice League. You should correct this, because it's awesome.

This is true. It give's a conclusion to Static Shock of all things, I NEED to watch it. I loved that show. One of the only shows other then Gargoyles to have a good "guns are dangerous yo" message that actually worked.

This, more or less. Old Bruce, with that voice, was just fantastic. The suit was also awesome.

Giggling Ghast
2012-11-29, 10:45 PM
That might have been the point but as closure it failed. It brought about a problem that was non-existent in the continuity until that episode and then closed that up. They could have had Terry reject being like Bruce in a myriad of ways (Young Justice does this much better with Robin, and as a whole I think that show is worse than the older DCAU) that did not bring up this non-existent problem but instead they chose an incredibly contrived scenario that required a good portion of the episode to be exposition and Waller explaining how much of a ***** she is (which we already knew anyway). This contrived scenario will never be brought up again and has no baring on anything at all except this one episode.

It served as a cap both for the Cadmus story arc and to Batman Beyond, which never really got anything in the way of a proper finale. It also resolved several outststanding plot threads, such as the fate of Ace (she died) and Amanda Waller (she became the liason to the Justice League).

And why would Terry reject Bruce? The entire point was to show Terry coming to terms with the realization that he was Bruce's son and that his role as Batman was ultimately of his own choosing. The story of Batman's various sidekicks calling out the old man had already been told within the DCAU; why did it need to be told again?

I don't really see what's contrived about the scenario, given that it employs characters and technology already introduced in the series, but perhaps the reason it's never brought up again is because the DCAU ended with that episode. What further bearing could it have?

Dienekes
2012-11-29, 11:57 PM
It served as a cap both for the Cadmus story arc and to Batman Beyond, which never really got anything in the way of a proper finale. It also resolved several outststanding plot threads, such as the fate of Ace (she died) and Amanda Waller (she became the liason to the Justice League).

Serving as an ending does not necessarily make good closure. The Waller one was fine, Ace (probably the most unnecessary thread to close to be honest) was fantastic, Cadmus it does not actually finish as an arc technically as crazy stuff could still be going about but fine. It's really only as the Batman Beyond conclusion that I have a problem with, it does not really address the themes of that show instead gives a completely different unrelated problem, and then it is solved by an admittedly great clip of the original Batman being awesome.

And why would Terry reject Bruce? The entire point was to show Terry coming to terms with the realization that he was Bruce's son and that his role as Batman was ultimately of his own choosing. The story of Batman's various sidekicks calling out the old man had already been told within the DCAU; why did it need to be told again?

I was referring to the brief section of the episode where he leaves Bruce scrambling on the ground for his pills. That's pretty clearly a rejection of Bruce. Remember the last part of the story arc I called compromise (though I guess reconciliation would have been a more apt word for me to choose). I do want to see Terry come back to Bruce, but I don't see why they included the "No Terry, I am your father" part of the story.

I don't really see what's contrived about the scenario, given that it employs characters and technology already introduced in the series

Random boy finds out who Batman was and is taken under the wing to become Batman, simple, elegant story. If the idea that Terry may have been a clone (I know he wasn't but let me use the term loosely here please) was brought up within that story, that would also have been fine to have the conclusion center around answering that detail of the storyline. I still think it weakens Terry as a character a bit but it could be handled well. But it wasn't brought up as something to be dealt with within the Batman Beyond show. It was brought up as a conclusion and solved within 15 minutes and that was called the tying up of the show, when none of the themes of that show actually were tied up at all. Except I guess the "what will happen between Terry and that chick he liked?" storyline, which I honestly didn't care much about anyway.

but perhaps the reason it's never brought up again is because the DCAU ended with that episode. What further bearing could it have?

No, that was the end of season 2. The show went on, then became a comic, and not a terrible one either from the bits I've read.

Spuddles
2012-11-30, 02:21 AM

Blade Runner cityscapes with the Batman would be epic.

DigoDragon
2012-12-03, 07:02 AM
...by Epilogue (the JLU episode that gives some closure to Terry's story) he's more similar to his predecessor than he ever would want to admit...

I personally didn't like that kind of connection between Terry and Bruce.

I would like to see a good attempt at a Batman Beyond movie. Since it takes place "20 Minutes Into the Future", I think that would make Mr. Freeze a good candidate for the first villain. His Cryogenics and suit technology would fit in that setting.
It would be interesting to see who to play the old Bruce.