PDA

View Full Version : MLP campaign, help me with pinkie!

Melnir
2012-11-26, 11:11 AM
I'm starting a level 6 MLP campaign with some friends and I will play pinkie pie :smallbiggrin:

I was thinking to build my PC as bard/ninja, but I really haven't got many ideas. Anyone can help me? Wich feats would be best?

Solophoenix
2012-11-26, 01:48 PM
Pinkie Pie is most definitely a Bard, as she has clearly demonstated Inspire Courage on at least one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tiynTPuUUM) occasion.

And while she can clearly sneak around, I don't see any reason that can't be covered by the bard levels, as Sudden Strike really doesn't fit her. Plus, more bard levels mean higher level spells, which mean more tricks at parties.

I say head for Shadowdancer, to gain Evasion and Improved uncanny dodge, ie. Pinkie Sense. Not to mention Hide in Plain Sight, for when she needs to step out from behind a ludicrously small potted plant to remind someone of a Pinkie Swear they made.

So, the feats you'd want are Dodge, Mobility and Combat Reflexes, to qualify.

Malroth
2012-11-26, 08:09 PM
Or if you wanted to be Evil Pinkie, Swordsage1 Warlock 6 Swordsage 1 into Telefamar Shadowlord for shadow pounce with eldritch claws refluffed for hooves.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-26, 11:34 PM
The MLP section of the board would probably be able to provide far better ideas, but from what I remember, between Teleportation, Floating, Mental Manipulation, and Item Creation, amoung other abilities, I'd sooner stat Pinkie as a Sorcerer.... definitely not as an Evil Enchantress, though. With a Lizard familiar and a Cannon Item Familiar. A few levels of Harmonious Knight Paladin of Freedom might be useful and thematically appropriate.

zimmerwald1915
2012-11-27, 05:29 AM
The MLP section of the board would probably be able to provide far better ideas, but from what I remember, between Teleportation, Floating, Mental Manipulation, and Item Creation, amoung other abilities, I'd sooner stat Pinkie as a Sorcerer.... definitely not as an Evil Enchantress, though. With a Lizard familiar and a Cannon Item Familiar. A few levels of Harmonious Knight Paladin of Freedom might be useful and thematically appropriate.
The problem with Pinkie is that she really should get Inspire Courage per the pilot, a bunch of perform skills per Swarm of the Century, disguise per Dragonshy, some way to teleport per Party of One, hide in plain sight per Green Isn't Your Color, and all that with as little magic per se as possible per Feeling Pinkie Keen. This suggests a bard base, trading away as many spells as possible, and PrCing out to something with a bunch of supernatural and spell-like abilities as soon as possible. Solophoenix's suggestion to PrC to Shadowdancer is actually quite decent in that regard.

As of Too Many Pinkies, I'd put her at Bard 5/Shadowdancer 8, in Pathfinder because that's how I roll. Feats, in order, would be Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Mobility, Skill Focus (knowledge [local]), Eldritch Heritage (arcane [familiar - dwarf caiman]), Boon Companion, and Lingering Performance. She would have the cantrips Lullaby, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Sift, Summon Instrument, and Unwitting Ally, the level 1 spells Anticipate Peril, Charm Person, and Expeditious Retreat, and the masterpieces triple time, dance of the 23 steps, minuet of the midnight ivy, and dance of the kindled desires. She would have Disguise, Knowledge (local), Perform (comedy, dance, percussion, sing, wind), and Stealth maxed, with another 5 ranks in Sleight of Hand.

Rebuilding her into 3.5 would make her a Bard 7/Shadowdancer 6. Feats would be Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Mobility, Obtain Familiar (lizard), and one other. She would have the cantrips Lullaby, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Songbird, Stick, and Summon Instrument, the level 1 spells Charm Person, Disguise Self, Remove Fear, and Swift Expeditious Retreat, and four level 2 spells that I really really wish there was some way to get rid of.

Solophoenix
2012-11-27, 07:05 AM
and four level 2 spells that I really really wish there was some way to get rid of.

Daze Monster, Enthrall, Misdirection and Pyrotechnics?