PDA

View Full Version : Help with optimizing a Phoelarch fighter/dervish (3.5)

AzazelSephiroth
2012-11-26, 07:40 PM
Hey all,

First a huge thanks to everyone who has helped me out with my build ideas recently! I now have a dangerous Dragon of doom running around in a new monstrous campaign that my friend has put together!:smallsmile:

However I must now return for the great wisdom of the Playground and ask for help on behalf of my wife who is playing in the same game.

We are all monsters and the DM has allowed CR to equal level and every additional level afterwards counts as 1-1... thus my wife is a Phoelarch MM3 (CR6) and has 4 levels of something to play with (ECL10).

The Phoelarchs are basically phoenix people who are naturally proficient with Falchions and light armor, and have some nice physical stat boosts. My wife is a very rp heavy gamer who is not very numbers oriented, she has requested a fighter-ish build who can cleave and critical often for lots of damage! My first thoughts are:
Fighter 4- Power attack, weapon focus (falchion), improved crit, cleave....
But my DM has suggested Dervish, and I had never played one before... her feats would be strapped as a Dervish has heavy requirements, but up to 2 flaws would be allowed... so my challenge to you is what is a good suggested build for these 4 levels? Straight fighter for the feats? Dervish for the dance and more hits? Is there a magical weapon ability that would make that falchion do more damage? Thank you all in advance for the help!

Oh current stats are Str22, Dex20, Con20, Int16, Wis13, Cha12

AzazelSephiroth
2012-11-27, 07:03 PM
Bump? Any cool suggestions at all? I am really leaning towards...
Phoelarch-CR6/Dervish4 (ECL10 with our DM`s homebrew)

Feats:
Combat Expertise
Dodge
Improved Critical
Mobility
Flaw Shaky- feat: Power Attack
Flaw Freedom Fighter (homebrew)- feat: Weapon Focus (Falchion)

During the Dervish Dance- she will have access to Cleave and will be doing some nice damage with her slashing weapon... but does anyone have any clever ideas for some enhancements?