PDA

View Full Version : Steadfast Boots and Longbows

Von Krieger
2012-11-26, 08:48 PM
Is a longbow (or a great bow) considered a two handed weapon? I ask as I've made a character who uses a bow, does not provoke AoO's with it, and is considered to have 15' of reach with said bow for purposes of area threatening.

So I'm wondering if the Steadfast Boots from MIC will let me deal double damage if some poor critter has the idea to charge me. They say "two handed weapon," and not two handed melee weapon.

But all ranged weapons, as far as I know, are all clumped together and don't say if they're one or two handed.

Now obviously you need 2 hands to properly use a longbow, so I would think that this would count.

BRC
2012-11-26, 08:51 PM
This may just be the way tables are formatted, but I think "Ranged" is a separate category from One or Two handed weapons. There are no "One Handed Ranged" or "Two Handed Ranged" Weapons, only "Ranged Weapons", some of which may be wielded one-handed without penalty
So unless you're smacking people with your bow, I would say no.

Venger
2012-11-27, 12:45 AM
make it an elvencraft bow. while you would not be able to do it at range, you can bonk people basing you.

Darrin
2012-11-27, 06:35 AM
make it an elvencraft bow. while you would not be able to do it at range, you can bonk people basing you.

Seconding this. An elvencraft longbow is treated as a quarterstaff, which is wielded as a two-handed weapon. Which means when you're wearing Steadfast Boots, you are treated as if the quarterstaff is readied against a charge and get the double damage multiplier.