PDA

View Full Version : Share Soulmeld feat and Necrocarnum Zombie

Talionis
2012-11-26, 08:58 PM
Does this work the way I think?

Meld shape a Soulspark Familiar then share the Necrocarnum Meld that let's you make Zombies get two Zombies one controlled by me the other by my familiar?

What happens if I also have a Mount or another Familiar or Animal Companion? Can I have three or four that each follow my commands even though my Familiar or Mount has to be told what I want to tell the Zombies?

Piggy Knowles
2012-11-26, 11:45 PM
It's worth pointing out that the Soulspark Familiar does NOT get share spells, and therefore cannot benefit from the Share Soulmeld feat. Which is lame, by the way - with it, they could be a lot of fun, but as written they're a waste of a soulmeld.

(As a DM, I rule that any bound Soulspark Familiar does get share spells, by the way.)

In any case, I'm not sure how the Necro Circlet would interact. The Share Soulmeld feat just says that your familiar/companion is also affected by the shared meld; it doesn't say it gets its own version. It's unclear, then, that Share Soulmeld would break the Circlet's "one at a time" cap.

Talionis
2012-11-27, 09:46 AM
It's worth pointing out that the Soulspark Familiar does NOT get share spells, and therefore cannot benefit from the Share Soulmeld feat. Which is lame, by the way - with it, they could be a lot of fun, but as written they're a waste of a soulmeld.

(As a DM, I rule that any bound Soulspark Familiar does get share spells, by the way.)

In any case, I'm not sure how the Necro Circlet would interact. The Share Soulmeld feat just says that your familiar/companion is also affected by the shared meld; it doesn't say it gets its own version. It's unclear, then, that Share Soulmeld would break the Circlet's "one at a time" cap.

PK,

Thanks for your reply. Ouch, I didn't realize the Soulspark Familiar couldn't share spells. Where does it say that? Without being a full fledged "familiar" it seems like it really has little purpose.

I can ask my DM about how he wants to rule on a Soulspark Familiar. But would this work with a normal familiar/special mount/animal companion. If I had all three (normal familiar/special mount/animal companion) could I make four Necrocarnum Zombies?

Psyren
2012-11-27, 10:00 AM
But would this work with a normal familiar/special mount/animal companion.

It's actually debatable. Most soulmelds just list what they do under the various chakra bind entries. But Necrocarnum Circlet's effect begins with "if you shape this soulmeld and bind it to your crown chakra..." Suggesting that even when the meld is being shared, these steps must still be followed by anyone who wishes to gain the zombie.

If I had all three (normal familiar/special mount/animal companion) could I make four Necrocarnum Zombies?

No. The feat says "or," suggesting you must choose one. And unless otherwise specified, you can only take a feat once.

Talionis
2012-11-27, 02:29 PM
It's actually debatable. Most soulmelds just list what they do under the various chakra bind entries. But Necrocarnum Circlet's effect begins with "if you shape this soulmeld and bind it to your crown chakra..." Suggesting that even when the meld is being shared, these steps must still be followed by anyone who wishes to gain the zombie.

No. The feat says "or," suggesting you must choose one. And unless otherwise specified, you can only take a feat once.

Thanks Psyren,

Its helps to know it wouldn't help to have a build with all the different pets...

Can the Familiar bind the Necrocarnum Circlet? They don't share feats and they need to be able to bind to their crown chakra for this to work. Wouldn't they? Also they don't have a meldshaper level so the best they could do is half their hit dice?