PDA

View Full Version : Dweomerkeeper? why broken?

Wookie-ranger
2012-11-27, 11:20 AM
I have been reading in some forums that the Dweomerkeeper (faiths and pantheons p.189) is broken because at level 4 he gts the ability to cast spells as a Spell-like ability. I know why this would be OP, no material components, no XP costs, etc.

Then I read up on it in the book itself.
The ability at level 4 is called "Mantel of Spells" and is a (SU). It allows you to cast one spell spontaneously like a cleric casting a cure/inflict spell. but id does not say anywhere that this is a spell-like ability.

Am i missing something?
Is there an errata floating about?
:smallconfused:

Dusk Eclipse
2012-11-27, 11:28 AM
IRRC Faiths & Pantheons is 3.0 and thus superseded by the Dweomerkeeper from complete divine's web enhancement which allows you to cast a spell as a (Su) ability, meaning no xp cost, no material components or focus, undispelable, uncouterable and casted as a standard action.

Wookie-ranger
2012-11-27, 11:41 AM
IRRC Faiths & Pantheons is 3.0 and thus superseded by the Dweomerkeeper from complete divine's web enhancement which allows you to cast a spell as a (Su) ability, meaning no xp cost, no material components or focus, undispelable, uncouterable and casted as a standard action.

ahhh, derp. :smallredface:
thanks!

well, they sure balanced that class!

VGLordR2
2012-11-27, 11:51 AM
Here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20040522a) is a link to the web enhancement, if you're interested.