PDA

View Full Version : Build assistance: Cleric in a weird game

Ganorenas
2012-11-27, 02:28 PM
So, exactly what the title says

The game is weird for several reasons:

Inability to gain magic items from shops or creating them myself, so the group ends up with what the DM decides and some random rolls

Stat gains work differently, and in my case, in my favor
So I gain a stat point every level, my current stats are
Str10 dex10 con14 int10 wis22 cha10
At level 5. I could simply keep adding to wis, and end with a 37 in it, but I feel that it can become redundant after a point? The game is fairly low op.

Big emphasis on alignment and diety, for all classes, clerics more so
I am CG and worship his custom healer diety, I chose the Good and Luck domains. I feel Healing was rather worthless, since I have the spells spontaneously, and +1 caster level means nothing when I use the vigor line, and they are healed to max before the duration ends... I do not recall the 4th domain choice, I believe it was knowledge

I was unable to be a cloistered cleric, so I know I should have, I would have preferred to...

And lastly, most megic items have alignment requirements, so we as a group have several we cannot use

On to the build questions:
So, I am currently a Cleric/5

Human: lucky start (+1)
Cleric1 Healers luck (+1), Domain (Luck,Good)*
Cleric2*
Cleric3 Unbelievable luck (+2)
Cleric4
Cleric5*

At level 6 I currently meet the prerequisites to enter Divine oracle (DM has agreed that taking Skill focus (Know. religion) at 6th is alright, but I will retrain my feats and put it lower anyway at 6th

Divine oracle1 Scry bonus, Oracle domain, skill focus (know religion)*
Oracle2 Prescient sense, Trap-sense +1
Oracle3 Divination enhancement
Oracle4 Uncanny dodge, Iron will (to enter Dragonslayer)
Oracle5 trap sense +2
Oracle6 Improved Uncanny dodge
Oracle7 Dodge*(to enter Dragonslayer)

At level 13 I plan to enter dragon slayer, I gain martial weapon proff., I do not lose a caster level, gain a courage aura (fear effects have been plaguing us), and get a rather useless +1 on damage vs dragons (which are mildly available for battle.

Dragonslayer1 Aura of courage, Bonus damage (+1 vs dragons)*
Oracle8 trap sense +3
Oracle9 FEAT
Oracle10 Immune to surprise
Class
Class FEAT
Class
Class

I would like to keep it with oracle10/dragonslayer1,
Oracle is a great prestige, and going to 10 doesn't hurt
Dragon slayer1 is an alright dip, especially in a game where our DM drops lots of martial weapons, when 2/5 players have the Proff. For them... I'd like the chance to use them eventually

For the luck feats, I plan to retrain them into the prerequisites for my prestoges, i will place my points into dex and retain one of them into dodge and the other into iron will at 9, keeping (or based on your advice trading) Lucky start for last (I usually roll average on initiative, but it has gotten more use than my other luck feats)

So, 4 open class slots, 15 if I am given great CG non-diety specific choices that beat oracle and the (steep 2feat cost) dragonslayer1

Help

Ganorenas
2012-11-27, 02:44 PM
Forgot to say what i am looking for :smalleek:

Our party consists of:

fighter4/Sorc1
Deals melee damage and uses true strike when he is having trouble...
Pumps his Str, is more of a lone wolf when it comes to assisting the group
Ac 16-18?

Ranger#/Scout# (probably 3/2)
Deals melee damage
Favored (undead), uses 2 weapon fighting, has a L. sword and a s. sword
Pumps his Str/Con
ac16?

Factotum5
Skill monkey, can deal damage, versitile
plans to enter Camo. for better versitility, normally a min/max
ac 16-17?

Knight5 (came in last game as a knight and i had forgotten about him when i said 2/5 can use martial, which was in correct of me anyway and shall be edited in a moment because we have 6 players :smalleek: )
Feels like a tank, looks like a tank, acts like a tank. Not sure what he will pump, but likely con/cha.
Ac19

Ranger4
Ranged, favored (human)
deals ok damage right now, but is new and has yet to meet DR...
it is a mostly human and undead campaign, so both rangers do well with favored enemy targets. Is constantly drunk as part of his char, so he often is knocked out before combat, and sleeps through until the last round or 2...
has an eagle, always forgets about it, so it has yet to scout/attack/do anything useful... though we have fun teasing him for it

and me
Cleric5
Buff bot and healer
I normally outshine the others because of the options available to me in combat