PDA

View Full Version : Rounding Out Frostrager

prufock
2012-11-27, 02:37 PM
I've been thinking about Person_Man's Frozen Dwarf Hulk Smash!!! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50588) build, and I'm not sure how I would round it out. Here's what I have so far:

Ranger 1 (to make the Deepwarden skill requirements a bit easier to swallow; I'd trade out Track for the Trapfinding ACF since Deepwarden offers it anyway)
Barbarian 2
Fighter 1 (for the bonus feat to enter FotF asap)
Fist of the Forest 3
Deepwarden 2
Frostrager 5

I can qualify for everything pretty easily this way, just have to buy a few cross-class ranks. It leaves me with 6 levels to play around with to 20. Some ideas I was running through:

1 - Goliath, taking Mountain Rage variant, putting 3 levels into Stoneblessed to count as dwarf to qualify for Deepwarden. Put the extra 2 levels into Barbarian for 2/day rage.

2 - Dwarf, taking Bear Warrior to 5 for brown bear (refluffed as polar bear, of course). With the level left over I could grab a +1 LA template, a level or Warshaper, or take another level of fighter for the feat.

3 - Six more levels of barbarian for rage 3/day. Doesn't seem worth the investment... I could just take the Extra Rage feat.

4 - Wildshape Ranger variant? Combat styles are wasted on me, I could take this to 5 and then go Master of Many Forms for large animals or Warshaper for however many levels. If I drop the fighter level I can have an extra level here, it just delays my PrC entry.

Ideas?

silverwolfer
2012-11-27, 05:25 PM
please list out your feat progression and how you are handling meeting pre requestis

I can better judge the layout, based on quality of life per level. I would personally dip Frost sooner, just to get level one abilties.

prufock
2012-11-27, 10:11 PM
Right now I just have the feats listed I need for prerequisites.
1. Improved Unarmed Strike
3. Power Attack
Fighter 1. Great Fortitude
6. Endurance
9. Frozen Berzerker

The only other prereq restrictions are BAB, skill ranks, Rage for Frostrager, and some fluff, all of which are pretty easy to meet with this setup.

The order of levels is not written in stone. Frostrager could come online as early as level 7 if I switch it with Deepwarden.

Note that I'm assuming no flaws for this build. If flaws are in, the fighter level becomes unnecessary.

Gwendol
2012-11-28, 04:58 AM
I really like your dwarf - bear warrior suggestion. Thematically that fits perfectly.

Darth Stabber
2012-11-28, 05:38 AM
I would probably go with the dwarf bear warrior5 route. If you could free up another level you could grab 2 levels of totemist and have access to all the extra natural weapon fun that is the totem chakra. If you can't free up another level, pick up a level warblade, and grab all the boosts and counters you can (namely iron heart surge, and the will save replacer if you can afford to spend spend some skill ranks on concentration).

My favorite barbarian build
Human barbarian3/fighter1/fof1/bearwarrior5/fof2/frostrager3/totemist2/warshaper2/warblade1. Warshaper is replacable by more frost rager. I have a hard time getting behind deepwarden, and even if I wanted to use dwarf, I would still probably avoid dw, but that's a matter of personal taste more than anything objective.

aliraza
2012-11-30, 06:41 AM
I would probably go with the dwarf bear warrior5 route. If you could free up 4another level you could grab 2 levels of totemist and have access to all the extra natural weapon fun that is the totem chakra.

prufock
2012-11-30, 12:21 PM
I would probably go with the dwarf bear warrior5 route. If you could free up 4another level you could grab 2 levels of totemist and have access to all the extra natural weapon fun that is the totem chakra.

Uh, did you just copy and paste what Darth Stabber said?

Darth Stabber
2012-11-30, 02:36 PM
Uh, did you just copy and paste what Darth Stabber said?

Obviously I spoke such truth that it bore repeating

eggs
2012-12-01, 12:52 AM
If turning into a bear isn't your style, dropping 2 levels of FotF for 8 levels of Black Blood Cultist (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870826/Black_Blood_Cultist_Handbook:_A_Grapplers_Manual) can be a pretty slick deal. It's almost made for this setup.

Gandariel
2012-12-01, 06:35 AM
I had once tried to finish that build too, and i had added 5 levels of Bear warrior for three more attacks and stupid Str bonus, then Warshaper for.. well, extra attack :P

Also, my build had the Bear warrior thing a bit earlier, cause it's a pretty big power boost. (i remember it was really hard to decide what class to take first, cause they're all pretty big bonuses)

Also, if you have leftovers levels in the end, get warblade or something