PDA

View Full Version : need help... fast, strong, not good damage receiver.

DivineFrog
2012-11-27, 02:50 PM
Troll/Gravity warrior:

Hey there, glaze you came.

I'm kinda new to dnd and entirely new to pbp. That said, i'll give a overview the reason of my post.

I'm making a character which race and class where taken off enfield (Darkspear Troll, Gravity warrior class. I'll have a link for the raceat the bottom, which also has a link for the class on 'prefered class' reference). The dm is allowing core and complete series books, but some variants might be accepted. Though for purposes of ease let's try and keep the feats from there if possible.

Character in a nutshell: 1. class- Strong, fast, isn't good hit taker(I know it's not a word but you get the point)
2. Class- at lvl he gains ability to wield weapons as of they are one size larger.
3. Racial- medium, though treated as giant (which i'm assuming is large) ?10' reach the since he is tall and not long?
4. Racial- prefers not to wear shoes(just though i'd throw that in uncaused you don't read the description)
5. Racial- only has 2 fingers and one thumb(less rings?)
(if your serious about giving advice, I humbly suggest glancing over gravity warrior class)

Ok now for the acctual question brought you here for...

What are some feats/equipments I should consider for this character with those overviews in mind?

What I came up with feat wise...Plan 1:
Improved roughness
Combat reflexes
Daft opportunist
Steadfast determination
Power attack
Cleave
Greater cleave

Plan 2(with 10' reach in mind)...
Improved toughness
Combat reflexes
Daft opportunist
Dodge
Mobility
Spring attack
Elusive target

(orders of feat choice not set, though like normal, advice is appreciated)

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Darkspear_Troll_(Warcraft)_(3.5e_Race)
(once again gravity warrior link is in favored class)

Thanks for making it this far, and I greatly appreciate any and all (constructive) criticism. Have a great day, and don't trust a smiling goblin...

gorfnab
2012-11-27, 09:02 PM
Troll/Gravity warrior:

Hey there, glaze you came.

I'm kinda new to dnd and entirely new to pbp. That said, i'll give a overview the reason of my post.

I'm making a character which race and class where taken off enfield (Darkspear Troll, Gravity warrior class. I'll have a link for the raceat the bottom, which also has a link for the class on 'prefered class' reference). The dm is allowing core and complete series books, but some variants might be accepted. Though for purposes of ease let's try and keep the feats from there if possible.
The troll you linked and the Gravity Warrior are not from the Core or Complete series of books. Stuff you find on the D&D wiki is not from WoTC and is seldom balanced. It's pretty much pure homebrew and should only be used on a case-by-case basis.

Character in a nutshell:
1. class- Strong, fast, isn't good hit taker(I know it's not a word but you get the point)
2. Class- at lvl he gains ability to wield weapons as of they are one size larger.
3. Racial- medium, though treated as giant (which i'm assuming is large) ?10' reach the since he is tall and not long?
4. Racial- prefers not to wear shoes(just though i'd throw that in uncaused you don't read the description)
5. Racial- only has 2 fingers and one thumb(less rings?)
(if your serious about giving advice, I humbly suggest glancing over gravity warrior class)

Class - strong/fast, larger than normal weapons: this can be done with various spells and abilities. Psychic Warrior comes to mind.
Race - medium treated as giant: Half-Giant (Expanded Psionics Handbook) and Goliath (Races of Stone) would work fairly decently if that's what you're going for.

Ok now for the acctual question brought you here for...

What are some feats/equipments I should consider for this character with those overviews in mind?

What I came up with feat wise...Plan 1:
Improved roughness
Combat reflexes
Daft opportunist
Steadfast determination
Power attack
Cleave
Greater cleave

Plan 2(with 10' reach in mind)...
Improved toughness
Combat reflexes
Daft opportunist
Dodge
Mobility
Spring attack
Elusive target

(orders of feat choice not set, though like normal, advice is appreciated)

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Darkspear_Troll_(Warcraft)_(3.5e_Race)
(once again gravity warrior link is in favored class)

Thanks for making it this far, and I greatly appreciate any and all (constructive) criticism. Have a great day, and don't trust a smiling goblin...
What level will you be starting at? How much gp do you have to spend?

DivineFrog
2012-11-27, 09:42 PM
The troll you linked and the Gravity Warrior are not from the Core or Complete series of books. Stuff you find on the D&D wiki is not from WoTC and is seldom balanced. It's pretty much pure homebrew and should only be used on a case-by-case basis.

Class - strong/fast, larger than normal weapons: this can be done with various spells and abilities. Psychic Warrior comes to mind.
Race - medium treated as giant: Half-Giant (Expanded Psionics Handbook) and Goliath (Races of Stone) would work fairly decently if that's what you're going for.

First off, Thanks for replying

What level will you be starting at? How much gp do you have to spend?
yeah I know it's homebrewed and the dm has approved the race and class. I'm sure there's a better choice I could take, both race and class, but there always is.

As far as what i'm going for... Well to have fun over all and i'm a (warcraft) troll lover. The class seems neat and like to give him a try. Now more specifically, I want to be able to hold my own as best as possible of need be and dish out damage
I'm not worried about a weapon right away cause I can unarmed steady until I get his leaden weight(lvl7)
Starting at lvl 2.. Gold is a 200gp I believe