PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Justice of Weald and Woe build help

Dibble
2012-11-27, 03:03 PM
Just wondered if anyone could help me make that PrC work somehow. My idea of it was to make a class that uses rapid shot, such as Ranger, but the PrC seems geared for a fighter, yet the skills needed for it's entry are more for a Ranger.

The knowledge devotion path looks appealing too for it. If a Ranger build.

Any build suggestions, or pointers would be greatly appreciated. got some great pointers here a while back for a Barbarian/Champ of Gwyn, and it turned out to be a pretty OP character till the DM started making everything immune to fear. :P So yeah, any pointers on building a usable Justice of Weald and Woe character?

Aegis013
2012-11-27, 07:42 PM
A Fighter is going to struggle to meet the skill requirements for the class. Something like Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Justice 10 would get a reasonably good haul of benefits.

You'd get the animal companion, Combat style nets you Rapid Shot.
With your 3 feats from levels and 2 feats from Fighter before entering the Prestige class you can get something like:

1. Point Blank Shot
3. Knowledge Devotion
5. Weapon Focus (Longbow)
6. Precise Shot and Woodland Archer* (Races of the Wild)
*you can swap that out, it seems like a pretty good archery feat to me, especially in conjunction with things like Rapid shot or Manyshot.

You can get another feat or three if you decide to be human or if you can take flaws. I'd consider Raptoran from Races of the Wild for flight and that footbow.

Spuddles
2012-11-27, 08:00 PM
Just wondered if anyone could help me make that PrC work somehow. My idea of it was to make a class that uses rapid shot, such as Ranger, but the PrC seems geared for a fighter, yet the skills needed for it's entry are more for a Ranger.

Aren't ranger and fighter basically the same? What makes you think JoWaW is geared towards fighter?

Dibble
2012-11-27, 08:35 PM
Aren't ranger and fighter basically the same? What makes you think JoWaW is geared towards fighter?

Well it seemed so, since the PrC states that your JoWW levels stack with your Fighter levels for the purpose of choosing feats, such as Greater Weapon Specialization. That is what put me in the mind of it being meant for a fighter. Or perhaps a Ranger/Fighter, as was suggested above.

Also sorry for the lack of info earlier, was writing this up on the tube, and then forgot about it once I got back. :P The Characters are given as 32 point buy. Have not chose race or anything as of yet, though thinking that a wood elf might be best, or just your basic human. Extra feat/sp and all.

The suggestion up there seems decent to me. Will give it a try anyhow.