PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Bladebound Kensai

SylvanPrincess
2012-11-27, 03:44 PM
hey playground, ive been looking into being a kensai for our upcoming game, and when i google it, i see a lot of "bladebound kensai" builds. im just wondering what s up with that? i didnt think we could use 2 archetypes at once, but i am new to pathfinder. can anyone explain things to me? thanks! :)

Morbis Meh
2012-11-27, 03:51 PM
hey playground, ive been looking into being a kensai for our upcoming game, and when i google it, i see a lot of "bladebound kensai" builds. im just wondering what s up with that? i didnt think we could use 2 archetypes at once, but i am new to pathfinder. can anyone explain things to me? thanks! :)

You can use more than one archetype as long as they do not trade/change the same feature. I am AFB right now so i am unable to look up the specifics of that build but here is a rough example: If an archetype trades out armour prof for an ability (like kensai) you cannot take another that also trades armour prof; however, bladebound reduces your arcana pool and trades in a couple of your arcana abilities for a intelligent weapon. So both archetypes don't overlap in regards to what they require therefore you can take both

SylvanPrincess
2012-11-27, 10:58 PM
ah awesome! thank you!

Axier
2012-11-28, 08:59 AM
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12555815) can tell you which archetypes can be used together for the 1st party classes at least.