PDA

View Full Version : help needed in a nerdy quest (complete and utter spam).

Raffi fl
2012-11-27, 05:25 PM
Hey dudes my name is Raffi and i have been reading OOTS since late 2005 (my first episode was when miko should have made a gather information check).
Even though i did not post much on the forums i have been an avid reader,

nevertheless i have encountered a dire situation in witch i need the help of fellow nerds (not OOTS related)

this is the thing...

there are two girls from my class in college that agreed to enter the nerdy world (and watch the movie star wars) if 1000 people like a special facebook page ive made.

Now i know this is not a star wars forum but still i was hoping that fellow nerds can relate to my problem, as i know there are many giantitp fans that also care about college girls not watching the movie star wars.

help me OOTS fans...
your my only hope

i would be glad to answer any question anyone would ask to make sure that not a bot or something.

p.s

this is the page

http://www.facebook.com/YAELANDDANAWATCHSTARWARS

thanks

Raffi

Dr.Epic
2012-11-27, 08:08 PM
You could just create 1,000 facebook profiles and be done with it.

Raffi fl
2012-11-28, 02:20 AM
Did you ever try making 1000 fake facebook profiles?

Anyway thats kind of beside the point.
I want to see if fellow nerds are willing to help me with this quest.
I believe nerds are an online community with a sense of camaraderie.
if random people wont help me out for the sheer nerdiness of this good cause than it was not meant to be (and maybe nerds are not what i think they are).

on another note...
these girls are studying with me in medschool, would you realy want your future doctor not to have seen star wars?

yours

Raffi

p.s

the link

http://www.facebook.com/YAELANDDANAWATCHSTARWARS?fref=ts

Dr.Epic
2012-11-28, 02:39 AM
Did you ever try making 1000 fake facebook profiles?

Yes.:smalltongue:

Kjata
2012-11-28, 07:07 AM
You truly are an epic mad scientist.

Dr.Epic
2012-11-28, 08:04 PM

This, I cannot deny.

Strawberries
2012-11-29, 02:11 AM
Mmmm... You know, they really should watch the movie out of curiosity and desire to understand what it's all about...otherwise the point is sorta missed, don't you think?

Kjata
2012-11-29, 03:13 AM
I agree. I really don't understand what the whole point is.

Brother Oni
2012-11-29, 06:16 AM
From a cynical point of view, I would suggest it's an attempt to exert peer pressure on a pair of girls who aren't particularly interested in watching a movie but decided to play along with the OP for fun or pity.

Knaight
2012-12-04, 11:45 PM
on another note...
these girls are studying with me in medschool, would you realy want your future doctor not to have seen star wars?

It's fairly low priority on the canon list, which makes this a yes if there are significant omissions of superior works above it. I also don't see how it is at all relevant to training in medicine.

Killer Angel
2012-12-05, 06:53 AM
on another note...

I want a doctor that doesn't take decisions, based on the numbers of "like" on a facebook page... :smalltongue:

GnomeFighter
2012-12-05, 08:53 AM

He probably got some poor henchman to do it...

Anyway, I agree, they should see it on it's own merits. Seeing it because someone made you is just going to make you resent it.