PDA

View Full Version : Spellfire and Con-

Annos
2012-11-27, 11:06 PM
Does a creature with Con- have an ulimited spellfire pool, or is it reduced to 0?:smallconfused:
Please reply:smallfrown:

herrhauptmann
2012-11-28, 12:21 AM
I don't think it's stated anywhere, but I think most DMs would say 0.

Maybe if you use a feat to swap your fort saves to a different stat, your DM might be willing to use that stat for spellfire. Try searching for X stat to Y bonus thread. It might help.

hamishspence
2012-11-28, 07:22 AM
In Crown of Fire there's an undead spellfire wielder (a lich lord).

So fluffwise, there should be a spellfire pool.

rockdeworld
2012-11-28, 07:36 AM
For reference:

Nonabilities

Some creatures lack certain ability scores. These creatures do not have an ability score of 0—they lack the ability altogether. The modifier for a nonability is +0. Other effects of nonabilities are detailed below.
Since they lack Con scores, I'd rule that they can't channel spellfire. OTOH, there is the rules for running:

Run

<snip>

You can run for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score

A creature with no Constitution cannot tire and thus can run indefinitely without tiring (unless the creature’s description says it cannot run).
So I think it's your call, really.

ThiagoMartell
2012-11-28, 07:59 AM
Just use Charisma instead, like it's done for undead and Concentration.

herrhauptmann
2012-11-28, 10:03 AM
In Crown of Fire there's an undead spellfire wielder (a lich lord).

So fluffwise, there should be a spellfire pool.

Wasn't that lich eating Shandrils spellfire by biting her in her sleep?
You know, something that can't happen by the rules.

There were a bunch of things in that series that didn't make a lot of sense:
Elminster has a girl with an ultimate maguffin, and in the process of 'testing' her powers, makes a public show of them. So that everyone in the world knows they should kill her.
Every member of a secret society openly carries a token indicating they're members of the society.

Annos
2012-11-28, 05:17 PM
The feat is already cheesy enought to be a 1st level only (AKA you were born like that and didn't care about anything else unless you get bonus feats) AND only if the DM allows it. This trick would make the parties spellfire wielding fighter into the ULTAMITE sponge for damage.

GM/DM Cheese section: Do you hate your early game DMing skills allowing multiple two or more blaster Wizards/Sorcerers/whatever? Now use spellfire wielding blackguards with the ability to cast dimension anchor on themselves completly crush everyone in the party. (give them a couple of rogue levels and your doubling their outputs for the mere chance or a sense motive check to work :smallbiggrin:, since when does a wizard put points in those?)