PDA

View Full Version : GURPS 4, poisonous spines, help!

bokodasu
2012-11-28, 08:47 PM
So lost. Supposed to have my charsheet in last week, didn't start reading GURPS rules until, uh, yesterday. Please help!

I'd like to make some poisonous spines, because that seemed easy. (Haha.)

Long spines are 3 points
Toxic attack is 4 points/level
Cyclic is +100% for 1s, plus... some amount for each cycle after the first (it says multiply the base cost for each cycle but the example I found that didn't seem to be the case)
Followup on a passive attack like spines is -50%... to what? I have no idea which cost this modifier goes on.
Oh, and then there's Resistible, which has a modifier cost of -5% to -50% depending on strength but also says it halves the cost of cyclic, and in the example it only does the halving so where does the other -5% go?

So say I want 2 levels of Toxic attack, which should repeat for 2 cycles of 1 second. Can you walk me through how that gets calculated, with and without Resistible? Thanks!

jindra34
2012-11-28, 08:58 PM
So lost. Supposed to have my charsheet in last week, didn't start reading GURPS rules until, uh, yesterday. Please help!

I'd like to make some poisonous spines, because that seemed easy. (Haha.)

Long spines are 3 points
Toxic attack is 4 points/level
Cyclic is +100% for 1s, plus... some amount for each cycle after the first (it says multiply the base cost for each cycle but the example I found that didn't seem to be the case)
Followup on a passive attack like spines is -50%... to what? I have no idea which cost this modifier goes on.
Oh, and then there's Resistible, which has a modifier cost of -5% to -50% depending on strength but also says it halves the cost of cyclic, and in the example it only does the halving so where does the other -5% go?

So say I want 2 levels of Toxic attack, which should repeat for 2 cycles of 1 second. Can you walk me through how that gets calculated, with and without Resistible? Thanks!
Cyclic you add the percent for each additional instance of damage.
For resistible read it over better. And the -50% goes on the followup attack in this case the poison.

Edit: The cost without resistible would be 20 (4x2x(1+1+1-.5)[2.5])