PDA

View Full Version : "Warning, Incoming Game" [3.P spell]

Hanuman
2012-11-29, 07:54 AM
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/275/1300949889_9.png

Summon Game Cube
School Conjuration; Level Wizard9 [Epic]
Range: Long
Target: 1 Mile Area (Length, Width and Height), This spell's area cannot be modified.
Duration: Conditional
Casting Time: [24 - (Class Level)] Hours with a minimum casting time of a Full Round Action
Components: V,S,M (Parchment with, comparatively, the most secretive information about that area written on it, 100 ebbs of puissance, a highly illustrated concept artwork of the intended effect (Craft DC 30+) and IMCH101, IMCH267, IMCH295, IMCH334, IMCH338, YGGD101, YGGD241, HEUR 101 and HEUR 328 blueprints. Only the puissance is consumed in the casting.)
Saving Throw: No Spell Resistance: No

Description:
As the spell is being cast purple lightning lights up even a cloudless sky as if there was material to reflect. Optionally the caster may allow a Ghost Sound effect to effect the entire area of the casters choice until the spell is finished casting.

When the spell is completed the sky will turn completely purple and form a 1 mile portal in which the game cube is summoned from until the cube lands.

The game cube is a 1 mile by 1 mile by 1 mile opaque purple cube that acts on all sides (EXCEPT the bottom side) as a wall of force. This wall of force does not interact with any immobile non-creature matter, but will cause any moving matter to stop moving. Creatures and aforementioned "pushing" matter struck by the bottom rim of the cube's wall as it is dropping it deals 10d6 force damage and knocks the creature back 1 foot for every damage they took, stunning them for 1d4 rounds.

The cube drops from the sky 6 miles above the ground and takes 10 rounds to touch the lowest topical point in the ground within it's area, at which point it stops and shunts all lose objects, creatures and matter first outside then inside of the plane, if it cannot do either it morphs space within the cube to move the loose object or creature until the cube expires. After shunting loose objects and creatures safely it throws up a similar wall of force to seal the bottom of the cube.

The inside of the cube is an intersecting demiplane which contains all the matter and energy of the real plane but is filled with aether puissance, a special kind of puissance which cannot be detected or be interacted with directly by any means. The cube contains 100 ebbs of aether puissance total.

The cube creates a "world" inside of it's walls, creating a "Cube Field".
1) The cube field is filled with a gramarist illusion bubble as wide as the field, this bubble has the Auditory, Gustatory, Olfactory, Tactile and Visual illusion qualities, it uses the Differential quality to alter existing terrain into a new one, it uses the Adaptive, Programmed and Controlled qualities to manage it's effects realism and to make changes to them, it uses the Mental, Thermal, Vestibular and Vibratory qualities to mask it's nature and it uses the IMCH388 to add realism to it's qualities, with the exception that the consideration of what is dangerous and what is not dangerous is arbitrated by SYSTEM and not the creatures effected.
2) Two beings are created as Heuristic Intelligences using Exotic Intelligence, these two beings control all aspects of the game using the controls of the gramarist effects with the intention to play fair, maintain the constraints of the games rules, and create a winnable and fair challenge for all of the creatures within the bubble.
These two are the USER and the PROGRAM.
The USER fabricates and controls one or many antagonistic or competitive illusion creatures within the bubble who have the objective to win the game, it competes with real creatures and follows constraints set by PROGRAM to not have a sizable advantage over the creatures within the field.
The USER must be able to be interfered with while completing it's objective and must be represented as one or many tangible entities.
PROGRAM controls all other elements, such as the illusion world, the inhabiting illusion creatures, and making sure that the other cube's effects maintain a perfect sync between the illusion and sensory match. PROGRAM is always true neutral and everything it creates acts the same.
3) The plane is separated from the outside world. Dimension door, teleport and similar effects do not allow travel in and out, all creatures are subject to Dimensional Anchoring inside the field, and believe that they cannot leave the field even if they can.
4) Aging inside of the field is accelerated. For every hour inside the game you age 1 month.
5) PROGRAM uses a number of ingenious tricks to maintain the illusion, it will provide real tangibility to solid illusions such as using Push in odd ways to hold people up, it may also temporarily morph the dimension it's in, or make it seem like the creatures inside are moving when they are not. It will use 100 ebbs of puissance in any way a gramarist who was given enough time could, when those ebbs are not in use they are refunded to the aether puissance pool, it may not use more than 100ebbs at a time. Because of this things like objects taking damage in the creatures heads now actually take damage from the environment.
6) Any creatures within the field are not hidden by the field's ablative illusions, instead they are costumed to theme the world's context, ablating their clothing and object possessions.
7) A singular condition is put on the game which can be obtained with a DC25 intelligence check (you may re-roll every time you discover something about the world's nature, such as a train's horn sounding or upon finding an animal or noticing the plane has 3 suns.) Every 10 minutes and/or every 10 game cubes you've been in previously subtracts this check's DC by 1.
This condition is the objective the USER is trying to complete, and there are two possible outcomes:
A) Creatures inside the cube win, and the cube expires. This reverts all physical changes the cube did to the terrain such as creating stone stairs and platforms via spectroconstruction, it also removes all illusions and such.
or
B) The USER wins, this uses all 100ebbs of aether puissance to detonate a sunmetal bomb in the center of the cube, which expands to and not beyond it's edges. Creatures slain by this explosion are transformed into Nulls, 1HD mindless neon multicolored elemental snakes which seek out living creatures and deal 1d4 nonlethal damage as a bite attack. After the explosion the cube expires, leaving the ground poisoned.

When the cube expires all of the illusion effects immediately end, it's walls of force do not interact with any object or creature and the inside of the cube becomes opaque purple energy that conceals all vision. The sky becomes purple and a secondary optional ghost sound comes into effect, a portal opens and the cube leaves from it rising to the 6 mile mark taking 10 rounds. All of the spells effects then end.

---------------------

If I've missed anything, made typos, or written things crudely please correct me, I kind of wanted to just push this concept out of my head and into your hands ASAP.

radmelon
2012-11-29, 10:18 AM
You win an internet just for this. I might have to use this in a doomsday scenario in a game of mine.

Hanuman
2012-11-29, 03:18 PM
Thank you sir, please post examples of it's use as that's really valuable. Most people on HB create content, rarely do they playtest and post the results as feedback data.

Arcanist
2012-11-29, 03:49 PM
Hmm... I like the idea and concept, but It appears it was supposed to be an Epic Spell that combines Gramarie (a Homebrew that I've fallen in love with as of recent) with the series ReBoot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot) (A show I watched and adored as a child).

Applying a Material component to an Epic Spell requires an Ad-hoc (On the old WoTC forums Chennye-Daak made a few interesting Epic Spell mitigating factors that cover this, but were lost when the forum was clearned. Luckily I found some of them on his blog, deviant art and asking him directly. They are in my signature under Epic Spells > Ioulaum's Imbue Mythallar, A project I regret since I learned more about the creation of a Mythallar.)

Anywho! This spell is a wonderful idea, but it just looks like you went about it the wrong way :smallconfused:

Hanuman
2012-11-29, 05:01 PM
If you could make some suggestions that would be appreciated.

Arcanist
2012-11-29, 05:07 PM
If you could make some suggestions that would be appreciated.

Make it an Epic Spell
Apply the Blueprints as material components for a mitigating factor

-1 DC per 2,500gp for the material component is generally fair game.