PDA

View Full Version : need advice for my character ideas

ChaosStar
2012-11-29, 10:20 AM
I really need advice for some of my character ideas in order to make it to where a GM would take them.

My first character is a Zombie, formerly Human, cleric who regained her soul. Stats are Str: 11, Dex: 14, Con: 10, Int: 11, Wis: 13, Cha: 14 at level 1 and her domains are Death and Fate. Her current deity from before her unwilling zombification was Kelemvor, but if possible she could convert to Wee Jas once the game is up and running. Her alignment is True Neutral.

Any ideas to help get this character useable in 3.5 and accepted by a GM?

Edit: I forgot to include her feats, so in addition to her feats as a cleric she has Able Learner, Improved Turning, and Uncanny Dodge (Bonus Feat from the Fate domain.)

Deadline
2012-11-29, 11:14 AM
Check out the Necropolitan template (it's in Libris Mortis, I think). That basically lets you play an undead character.

Also, you'll probably want Wisdom to be your highest stat, what with you being a Cleric and all.

Most GM's have a preferred character creation method or specifics for a campaign. Is there a specific game you are wanting to play in or a specific GM you are trying to influence? You can't force your way into a game, so finding a GM who is looking for players and talking to them about what you want to play should be your starting point.

rockdeworld
2012-11-29, 11:22 AM
I don't think you want "zombie" specifically, because they are mindless undead that have to be given specific instructions in order to do anything at all (unless they eat people on automatic, DM call). They're not a playable race.

That said, if you want to be an intelligent undead, you'll probably want the Necropolitan template from Libris Mortis, which is the only undead template/race I know of with level adjustment +0. You have to be at least level 2 to take it, unless you can get your DM to let you have done it in the past.

Other than that, I don't see any problems with it, except optimization-wise (so ignore this part if you want) you'll probably want to rearrange your stats with the 14 in Wis, 13 in Con, and 10 in Dex if you rolled for them (as I assume), or much more if you used point buy, and you'll probably want Undeath instead of the Death domain (fits with being undead, and is much better overall).

Edit: And I've been beaten to the punch.

ChaosStar
2012-11-29, 04:32 PM
I've heard about this Necropolitan template before, but I have no 3rd edition sourcebooks as they cost money and money is kind of tight at the moment. The only person I know with GM experience is my dad and he sticks firmly to 2nd edition. I did use a point buy build though and chose to have a 14 Dex because my character is stuck at the physical age of 8. My other stats are like that because I always hate to have a negative modifier for my stats.

edit: I just checked and a necropolitan can't be unwillingly created and that is a major point in my character's backstory.

Venusaur
2012-11-29, 07:26 PM
I don't think you want "zombie" specifically, because they are mindless undead that have to be given specific instructions in order to do anything at all (unless they eat people on automatic, DM call). They're not a playable race.

That said, if you want to be an intelligent undead, you'll probably want the Necropolitan template from Libris Mortis, which is the only undead template/race I know of with level adjustment +0. You have to be at least level 2 to take it, unless you can get your DM to let you have done it in the past.

Other than that, I don't see any problems with it, except optimization-wise (so ignore this part if you want) you'll probably want to rearrange your stats with the 14 in Wis, 13 in Con, and 10 in Dex if you rolled for them (as I assume), or much more if you used point buy, and you'll probably want Undeath instead of the Death domain (fits with being undead, and is much better overall).

Edit: And I've been beaten to the punch.

Con is pretty worthless if you are undead.

Also, you can refluff the necropolitan template if you so choose. It's really the only way to play undead without massive LA.

Runestar
2012-11-29, 07:47 PM
Google online, there are a few websites describing what the necropolitan template does.

ChaosStar
2012-11-29, 10:01 PM
My next character is a planetouched sorcerer with both Celestial and Abyssal heritage. He's Chaotic Neutral, has a Level Adjustment of +3, and has Str: 10, Dex: 14, Con: 12, Int: 15, Wis: 15, Cha: 15. His 1st level feat is Acrobatic.