PDA

View Full Version : Fire Elementalist/X hybrid

WizardDidIt
2012-11-29, 12:17 PM
So basically my goal is to have a fire blaster that is based on the Fire Elementalist, I quite enjoy the flavor of a caster that focuses on a single element. The problem is I have zero experience with hybrids. Our group plays without themes or backgrounds but starting ability scores are houseruled, and I do have some wiggle room to drop my strength a bit and raise my int for wizard, or warlock seems like it would also work with my current scores.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Kalazel Exuro, level 2
Tiefling, Sorcerer (Elementalist)
Elemental Specialty Option: Fire Elementalist

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 20, DEX 13, INT 15, WIS 6, CHA 20

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 18, DEX 13, INT 15, WIS 6, CHA 18

AC: 16 Fort: 16 Ref: 13 Will: 18
HP: 37 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 9

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +8, Bluff +13, Diplomacy +11, Endurance +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Athletics +1, Dungeoneering –1, Heal –1, History +3, Insight –1, Intimidate +6, Nature –1, Perception –1, Religion +3, Stealth +4, Streetwise +6, Thievery +2

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Tiefling Racial Power: Infernal Wrath
Sorcerer Attack: Elemental Bolt
Sorcerer Attack: Ignition
Sorcerer Attack: Elemental Escalation (Fire)
Sorcerer Utility 2: Dragonflame Mantle

FEATS
Level 1: Hellfire Blood
Level 2: Superior Implement Training (Incendiary dagger)

ITEMS
Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) x1
Adventurer's Kit
Climber's Kit
Torch
Trail Rations
Bottle of Wine
Incendiary dagger x1
====== End ======

Kurald Galain
2012-11-29, 12:27 PM
So basically my goal is to have a fire blaster that is based on the Fire Elementalist, I quite enjoy the flavor of a caster that focuses on a single element. The problem is I have zero experience with hybrids.
So why do you want to play a hybrid? The sorcerer does fire elementalism just fine on its own. What concrete problem are you trying to solve here?

WizardDidIt
2012-11-29, 01:00 PM
My goal is to create the best fire artillery that I can, and from the searches I've done it doesn't stack up all that well against other caster builds or other strikers in general. I was basically wondering if MCing another class would boost my overall effectiveness. If the answer is no, I'm quite fine with staying as a single class, just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything. I'm not looking to make the best striker of all time, just getting the most out of my chosen flavor.

Kurald Galain
2012-11-29, 02:02 PM
My goal is to create the best fire artillery that I can, and from the searches I've done it doesn't stack up all that well against other caster builds or other strikers in general.
Well, that's because you're playing a 4.4 build; they're not as powerful as a well-made 4.0 build. For instance, try a genasi pyromancer, or a draconic rebreather.

I was basically wondering if MCing another class would boost my overall effectiveness.
Probably, but not by much. However, you asked for hybrid, and that's not the same as MC and will quite possibly reduce your effectiveness.

WizardDidIt
2012-11-29, 02:25 PM
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying that for me. You can ignore this thread now, you've answered what I was wondering about. Thanks :smallsmile: