PDA

View Full Version : Forum Game Question for DM's

silverwolfer
2012-11-29, 01:23 PM
So I am DM'ing a game and running into a problem where, I have some folks who are able to post 3 or so times a day, while another who posts once a night, and I am not sure if I should put a halt to the roleplay as it is conversation, not combat yet to allow this one person to post, or to let it keep going as long as the one person does not leave the area type of thing.

Edenbeast
2012-11-29, 01:35 PM
I understand all players are all active at least once per day, so you could restrict the game to turns: one turn per day, or more, as long as the players stick to the same order of posting, much like the order of initiative.

Laserlight
2012-12-01, 01:13 AM
So I am DM'ing a game and running into a problem where, I have some folks who are able to post 3 or so times a day, while another who posts once a night, and I am not sure if I should put a halt to the roleplay as it is conversation, not combat yet to allow this one person to post, or to let it keep going as long as the one person does not leave the area type of thing.

Is this bothering the players? Some people are laconic.

Malak'ai
2012-12-01, 02:45 AM
Let them keep doing what their doing for a moment, but if the person who can only post once a night starts getting left behind in the conversation, or is constantly left right out of it, ask the others to just hold up for a moment and let him catch up or have his say.

rockdeworld
2012-12-01, 03:15 AM
It's the penalty of posting (relatively) infrequently =/

In roleplay/conversation, a player can be relatively left out with little consequence. In combat, it's somewhat more important to maintain turn order, and so you may have to go 1 turn per day. Or else ask the player if he minds being left out of most rounds of combat. Or only do combat live, eg. via Skype or IRC. In any case, all you have to do is come to a consensus with your group and roll with it :smallwink: