PDA

View Full Version : [pf] FFT divine knight

Exirtadorri
2012-11-29, 01:49 PM
So FFT is my favorite game of all time, and I always loved the divine knights. They can destroy equipment and have beastly health...

I've decided I'd try to emulate this and have been trying pretty hard for a few weeks now. I found a spell that made me so happy I figured i'd try to incorporate it into the class. The spell Break from the APG. Until I found this I was trying tofigure out a way to combine the destroyer archetype for the barbarian while giving out the power attack, sunder, improved sunder while still making it stronger by giving it a ranged attack.

So far for this class this is what I have. Please give your thoughts or comments:

Knight Templar:
simple weapons and swords plus 1 exotic blade of their choice
All armor and shields minus tower
d10 hp
6+int skill ranks

skills:
appraise,bluff, disable device, Knowledge:arcana,history,local,nobility,religion.
sense motive, spellcraft and UMD

level 1:
BAB +1
+2 fort +2 will +0 reflex
Shatter*

Shatter: A standard action to use it as the spell Break. This can instead be used as part of a melee attack if a successful attack is made. damage done from the attack happens after the item has become broken. If the item is destroyed due to this damage you may apply the effects of greater sunder. (any damage done that exceeds the max the item can take is instead transferred to the items wielder.) This ability may be used 3+int mod/per day

This class is My baby so please try to give me advice for aditional abilities and what not. I'd like it to also have a health transfer ability. I was thinking of modeling it after a paladins lay on hands (no mercy) but it either heals the target and the user takes the damage or could be used as an attack (but not in conjunction with shatter) that would be like vampiric touch...being damage done is damage healed. Other then that i'm really open to ideas and suggestions on anything that could be of use.

I was also considering some sort of spell casting...like diminished spell casting. Casting as a wizard but only allowing Abjuration, illusion, enchantment and alteration as schools allowed.

Midwoka
2012-11-29, 02:33 PM
Before making an all-new class here, you might want to check out what the Magus (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus) has to offer =)

Shatter and Vampiric Touch are both on its spell list, and it can use them while melee attacking thanks to Spell Combat/Spellstrike. You can also use any of their Magus Arcana to learn the Break spell with Spell Blending (it lets you learn one or two Wizard spells) if you really want to keep that, and you can take Devoted Blade (lets you add Holy to your weapon) as your 12th-level Arcana if you want to keep the "divine" part.

Shpadoinkle
2012-11-29, 03:36 PM
There have been several attempts at converting FFT classes to D&D (the game is fifteen years old, after all.) I've even taken a stab at it myself, and I have a couple ideas but nothing concrete, really.

Personally, I think a custom martial discipline (a la Tome of Battle) would be the way to go. No martial adept class can spam the same maneuver every round, but crusaders come close. There are some maneuvers that duplicate swordskills pretty well already, though- Lightning Throw is an excellent replication of Holy Explosion, and specializing in Shadow Hand would be appropriate (thematically) for a dark knight.

Exirtadorri
2012-11-29, 10:08 PM
Yea...its just they are so awesome. As fluff and mechanics go they could easily be center pieces for a game.

Im not familiar with the ToB other than knowing its super broken. Link or something could be helpful

Tanuki Tales
2012-11-29, 10:30 PM
Yea...its just they are so awesome. As fluff and mechanics go they could easily be center pieces for a game.

Im not familiar with the ToB other than knowing its super broken. Link or something could be helpful

Eh...

Have you ever read Tome of Battle or did someone just tell you how it's "Weebo Fightin' Magic"? Because it's not remotely broken compared to the rest of 3.X edition and really brings Melee up to Tier 3 by giving it "nice things".

Exirtadorri
2012-11-29, 10:53 PM
Nope never gotten my hands on it...but iojitsu and the sword shaper

Exirtadorri
2012-11-30, 11:42 AM
Nope never gotten my hands on it...but iojitsu and the sword shaper