PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Zeitgeist: The Gears of Revolution (OOC)

Pages : 1 [2]

Tegu8788
2013-01-30, 05:48 PM
That's the kind of sniping I meant. You should have enough time to reload and make RBAs all you want. Let's get the sea gate open, jammed, then our technologist working on sniping as well.

Leif would be best in melee, because she lacks ranged powers. Make barricades, then brace them. The more made, the better. I suggest we do it in tiers, having the most durable melee guys making as many barricades, working out then falling back, while our ranged character take a few rounds to create them around the lighthouse. If I recall there was a scroll that let us walk through walls, yes? That could be a very useful way for us to get past our own barricades.

I'd say holding the gate is the highest priority, if that means one of the melee guys has to stand outside and deal with the onslaught, so be it. Taral can do melee or ranged attacks.

Attack for the main thread.
Attack for the main thread.
You attack your enemy and make it the focus of your godís anger.
At-Will * Divine, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: [roll0] vs. AC
Hit: [roll1] damage, and the target is subject to your divine sanction until the end of your next turn.
Special: When charging, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack.

atomiclemming
2013-01-30, 09:10 PM
I want to wait and see if that took out the Drake

Tegu8788
2013-01-30, 09:15 PM
I'd have to bet that it at least hit, no clue if it's a kill. But that should be enough to give anyone left to target it.

Can we get a new map of the skill challenge? I'm intrigued by how this will play.

Edit: And for the narrative's sake, once the combat is over, Taral is going to take him light shield off his back and properly strap it to his arm. He will then move as far forward as prudent and start building barricades. His desire would be to bottleneck the incoming forces. If he can create any sort of hindering terrain that would be ideal, like knocking a barrel of tar from the dock over and setting it on fire. After that, he would try to construct some sort of shelter he can hid behind and sling some spells.

atomiclemming
2013-01-30, 09:48 PM
Would I have time to help build barricades and move the eye down to somewhere like m12? I am not sure how quick the movement would be if I sent it through the open window on the second floor.

For the most part Tintau is going to hang back heal and shoot at stuff
I do have one healing admixture left to use if we need it.

Tukka
2013-01-30, 09:55 PM
My next post in the IC thread will have all the rules for the Hold the Lighthouse encounter and I'll also post a map. This map (https://dl.dropbox.com/s/cvg5jpmctpwv48w/HoldtheLighthouse.png) breaks down the three locations. We won't be tracking movement by 5 squares at all. The only thing that matters is which of the three locations you're in: there's blue Outer Wall area, the yellow Outside Lighthouse area, and the red Inner Lighthouse area.

The sames goes for enemies, though the enemies will just move as far forward as they can, so all of the enemies will always be in the same location.

Also, the PCs will always act first. However, to reflect the simultaneity of the action, on a round where a PC drops an enemy, the enemy will carry out its action for the round before being removed from the board.

For example, Tegu said he wanted to start by building barricades outside. So he'd make an Athletics check to assemble barricades. On a success, he'd add 3 2 points of barricade in the Outer Lighthouse area, on a failure, 1 point. He ends his turn in the Outer Lighthouse area. He might do this again the next round.

On the third round, the enemies arrive (but first, the PCs act, including Taral). This time Taral opts to use a ranged at-will attack on the enemies. This kills one enemy, but that enemy still gets to act (it might either try to attack Taral or someone else, or spend its action disassembling the barricade). Then that enemy is removed from the board and it doesn't act on the following round.

[Edit: To extend the scenario a bit more, lets say the enemies manage to tear down the barricade entirely. They then all immediately move forward into the Outer Lighthouse area, though they can't advance forward from there because a PC, namely, Taral, is in that area. They can't advance forward any further until Taral and all other PCs in the Outer Lighthouse area leave that location or are KO'd.]

Also, of the options listed above, I've only listed options for actions which the players have put forward as ideas or things they want to try. Those aren't the only options available to you though, so if you want to try something else, let me know.

Tegu8788
2013-01-30, 10:05 PM
He said we get our encounters back, so you have both of them again. But yes, now that the gate is jammed, reinforce the lighthouse, set up that turret, and start shooting. If they can't get to the lighthouse, then you don't have to worry about melee or them fixing the gate controls.

So, Aeric and John will stay in the tower. Saradoc would do well with this group.

Taral, and Lief most likely, will go out and handle the outer defenses. Aurora in the form of a gorilla or some other animal with thumbs could be useful downstairs.

Things go south, Aeric can take a more offense position and Aurora can fall back and cast. Taral can handle either range, but I'm thinking his AC would do better as a meatshield.

Edit: And thought. Would there be any benefit for/way to aim the spotlight at the docking area, to make them easy to target with ranged attacks and make it hard to fire arrows back at those in the lighthouse?

Frothingslosh
2013-01-30, 10:24 PM
I'm working on creative ideas for my skill set. I agree that I would best serve from the lighthouse sniping my heart out.

Can we get a quick list of the available scrolls? You'd think I would have written it down.

Do post edits generate email notifications? I added the pyro description to my post in the IC thread.

Tukka
2013-01-30, 10:32 PM
Edit: And thought. Would there be any benefit for/way to aim the spotlight at the docking area, to make them easy to target with ranged attacks and make it hard to fire arrows back at those in the lighthouse?
I'll say it's a DC 18 Athletics check to reposition the lighthouse brazier and mirrors. If successful, it will reduce damage from each ranged attack made against characters in the lighthouse by 1 (to a minimum of zero).

Giving bonuses to attack (especially ones that would persist for multiple rounds) is a tricky balance given the nature of this encounter.

Edit:

Can we get a quick list of the available scrolls? You'd think I would have written it down.
Two each of: Water Breathing, Passwall, Silence and Pyrotechnics. (I think I forgot to mention Pyrotechnics originally, funny given that it's the one spell that's pretty much critical for the mission.)

Do post edits generate email notifications?
They don't. Sorry if that's been causing issues for you. I try to make it obvious by bolding it whenever I make an edit. The forum etiquette here is not to double post when you can edit your last post instead.

Tegu8788
2013-01-30, 10:37 PM
I can create an elaborate display that mays it look like there are dozens of warriors ready...

Bluffing in the middle of battle isn't as useful. Charisma isn't the best for dealing with people that are trying to kill you when they aren't thinking for themselves.

I'm actually really liking the idea of knocking a barrel of tar down the ramp and setting it all on fire, coating the ramp with long lasting flames. Either they lose a few rounds putting it out or they try to climb a 35 foot wall.

I'll say it's a DC 18 Athletics check to reposition the lighthouse brazier and mirrors. If successful, it will reduce damage from each ranged attack made against characters in the lighthouse by 1 (to a minimum of zero).

Giving bonuses to attack (especially ones that would persist for multiple rounds) is a tricky balance given the nature of this encounter.

I was thinking more along the lines of preventing them from hiding in the shadows, preventing them from getting the edge on us.

Are we good to act now?

Rannoch
2013-01-30, 11:07 PM
Taral, and Lief most likely, will go out and handle the outer defenses.

Not a problem, considering that her acrobatics and athletics are -5, -4 it would be nice for someone to build some barricades.

Tegu8788
2013-01-30, 11:10 PM
Good, because mine aren't. Taral is chatty, not so good at the heavy lifting. As seen by him falling down on everything.

Edit: Maybe we all need to "aid another" to make something.

Frothingslosh
2013-01-31, 09:51 AM
How about a little arcane manipulation with a heavy dose of bluff?

Prestidigitation to direct false orders to the enemy. Decrease # of attacks per round perhaps?

Follow that with intimidation (the entire Risur fleet is descending on your head as we speak!), to get some deserters?

Edit: Also, what is the feasibility of using passwall to get us a passage from outside to inside, with the added bonus of dropping it as a trap when the enemy tries to follow us?

atomiclemming
2013-01-31, 12:53 PM
Hmm passwall takes 10 minutes to cast doesn't it?
and only lasts a minute..
How long does the silence last?
It might be useful if the enemy sends anymore spellcasters at us
Does either on of the entrances to the guardhouse or light house have a door we could close and bar?
Also since I Spent a turn disabling the gate controls that would leave 1 turn of barricading if I am thinking correctly.

Tegu8788
2013-01-31, 02:43 PM
So, the first failure has occurred. I'm prepared to boost someone that is close, but I'm suspecting that we won't get close to that 20 limit. I've made their boots sticky at least. I suspect that we will be using all of our healing surges in this fight.

Sounds like an adventure!

Tukka
2013-01-31, 03:27 PM
I'm actually really liking the idea of knocking a barrel of tar down the ramp and setting it all on fire, coating the ramp with long lasting flames. Either they lose a few rounds putting it out or they try to climb a 35 foot wall.
I forgot to address this one in the options I just posted. Setting traps and obstacles is certainly possible, though I may tone it back a bit from what you've suggested.

I was thinking more along the lines of preventing them from hiding in the shadows, preventing them from getting the edge on us.
I know, but within the limits of this encounter it's hard to model that in a balanced way.

Are we good to act now?
Yes.

Not a problem, considering that her acrobatics and athletics are -5, -4 it would be nice for someone to build some barricades.
True, but remember that even on a failed check you do manage to erect some kind of barricade.

Aid another is an option, but it's maybe not as good an option for building barricades, since 2 failures in the Outside Lighthouse area is just as good as 1 success. However, on some of your other action options, aid another checks may not be a bad idea.

Edit: Also, what is the feasibility of using passwall to get us a passage from outside to inside, with the added bonus of dropping it as a trap when the enemy tries to follow us?
I've included your arcane trickery option in the encounter description in the IC thread.

As for using Passwall scrolls to make a passage outside, that would allow you all to escape, I'm thinking -- especially if you use a Water Breathing scroll as well to let you submerge. Using each scroll would take 1 action and you could not use the scrolls while in the same location as an enemy.

Hmm passwall takes 10 minutes to cast doesn't it?
Normally I believe so, though casting rituals from scrolls takes half the normal length of time. But I've already overridden that -- all of the scrolls you guys have take a maximum of 1 minute to activate.

I still haven't decided yet whether want to institute a broader houserule which allows rituals to be performed faster, but I'm leaning towards yes -- probably with some variant of surge-powered ritual casting.

Frothingslosh
2013-01-31, 04:33 PM
If moving the lighthouse mirror will be a static benefit I assume (until the enemy advances to the next area), I'll try and assist there.

Action in the IC thread.

Rannoch
2013-01-31, 04:34 PM
I'm assuming most of us have the adventurers kit. We wouldn't need the ritual to provide a means into the lighthouse (though the ritual would be quicker) if it's barricaded over 10. Just use the ropes ("Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your golden hair").

Tegu8788
2013-01-31, 05:03 PM
Oh yes, we are going to be spending all of our surges this night.

Tukka
2013-01-31, 05:11 PM
I'm assuming most of us have the adventurers kit. We wouldn't need the ritual to provide a means into the lighthouse (though the ritual would be quicker) if it's barricaded over 10. Just use the ropes ("Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your golden hair").
Right, that would work as well. So you would just use the Water Breathing scroll to make a solid escape.

Also, utilizing a rope will allow the PCs to move in and out of the lighthouse while it has 5 points of barricade or more, though characters using that method of travel will take a -5 to all skill checks made during that turn to reflect the time and exertion of climbing up and down the rope (I'll edit the encounter rules post in the IC thread to reflect this movement option).

Falconknight06
2013-01-31, 05:29 PM
OK, two questions

1)I'm assuming this first round sabotage is using my roll of 12 i already made? If not, here is another Thievery roll for Sabotage for more

[roll0]

2)Is there a way to attack from range while in the gatehouse?

Tukka
2013-01-31, 05:51 PM
OK, two questions

1)I'm assuming this first round sabotage is using my roll of 12 i already made?
Yes.

2)Is there a way to attack from range while in the gatehouse?
Yes -- effectively.

Technically, the gatehouse and the upper floors of the lighthouse are all part of the same locations for purposes of this encounter. Both areas constitute the "Inside Lighthouse."

On another note, I added some more options for you guys to consider, including a variation on Tegu's tar slick idea, as well as a simpler version on trap-setting than some of the ideas you guys have been putting out.

Edit: Also, with regard to taking 10, you generally can't take 10 during encounters or skill challenges.

Frothingslosh
2013-01-31, 05:59 PM
With the Set Ward addition, I would definitely do that rather than muck with Physical stuff. Could I retcon my first action? Alternatively, could I change that from Athletics to Intelligence (to identify the best option)? It would add 3 to the roll.

Also, you have me down for barricade, which I don't believe that I did.

Tukka
2013-01-31, 06:03 PM
With the Set Ward addition, I would definitely do that rather than muck with Physical stuff. Could I retcon my first action? Alternatively, could I change that from Athletics to Intelligence (to identify the best option)? It would add 3 to the roll.
Alright, go ahead and make the Arcana check.

Edit: And tell me what area you place the trap in, along with whatever flavor details you want to add.

Also, you have me down for barricade, which I don't believe that I did.
It looks like I have you down for Lighthouse Spotlight? Unless I marked down your action somewhere else.

Edit: Oh, I see, I listed you twice -- I typed your name where I meant to put Taral's.

Tegu8788
2013-01-31, 07:45 PM
With the new tar rule, I get to add 1 for my intelligence!

And it makes no difference...

Tukka
2013-01-31, 08:28 PM
With the new tar rule, I get to add 1 for my intelligence!
If you want, we can retcon and say you just devoted yourself to assembling the barricade this round. I decided that putting down the tar slick requires takes an entire round's action, so you could attempt that next round instead.

(The tar slick essentially works like a barricade, except it also gives you option of setting it on fire to kill a couple of them when they arrive if the check is successful -- kind of a hybrid Set Trap/Assemble Barricade option.)

Edit: I just realized I misread your action as barricading rather than the tar thing -- I thought you had tried to do both, but anyway, the above still applies.

Frothingslosh
2013-01-31, 08:55 PM
We've abused your goodwill enough for one encounter. I'll stick with the spotlight for action 1, and arcane trap for action 2.

Frothingslosh
2013-01-31, 09:00 PM
Following his feeble attempt to help with the lighthouse spotlight, Saradoc moves down to the pier to erect some more direct impediments to the coming onslaught.

[roll0]

Hmm...what's that written on that barrel? Exploding Runes!

Tegu8788
2013-01-31, 09:17 PM
Would the druid be able to realistically summon up some seaweed with a nature check to create difficult terrain? I'm an idea shotgun, so feel free to tell me to shut up, otherwise I'm likely to keep spewing ideas.

My tar idea was to create a wall of flames that would either damage them when the passed, or block off easy access to the inner areas. Since I failed, I clearly didn't get to burn a hunk of the map, but I made some of it sticky at least.

I'm likely to set up some wards in the next few turns, then once the enemy rolls in make some taunts and jeers, healing and falling back while the snipers reduce the enemy load. Taral can make an acceptable meatshield for a while.

Tukka, I like the idea of one icon representing multiple minions, just curious how you will track that with us killing off one or two of them at a time.

Tukka
2013-01-31, 09:37 PM
Would the druid be able to realistically summon up some seaweed with a nature check to create difficult terrain? I'm an idea shotgun, so feel free to tell me to shut up, otherwise I'm likely to keep spewing ideas.
Animating/conjuring enough sea weed to pose an impediment over such a large area would be tricky, so I'll say probably not in this case.

Tukka, I like the idea of one icon representing multiple minions, just curious how you will track that with us killing off one or two of them at a time.
In mechanical terms, 1 patrolman token = 1 enemy. In narrative terms, though, that "1 enemy" may be like 5 patrolmen. So I may describe a round in which you guys a KO dozen guys, but mechanically maybe you defeated 3 enemies -- say, two groups of patrolmen and a wizard.

Edit: Regarding ideas, you can keep coming up with stuff, especially if you feel the available options aren't going to work for you or if you're really excited about some idea, or think it would be cool. I think with the options you have now, you're pretty well set (you've come up with about every "suggested action" the adventure itself poses, and a couple more to boot).

This encounter is intended to be fast, tense affair where you guys have an opportunity to fight off more enemies than is practical under the normal combat rules (because it would be too much of a grind). However, having too many options may work against that goal.

Tegu8788
2013-01-31, 10:13 PM
Understood. That makes mechanical sense, and the narrative will be awesome.

Tukka
2013-01-31, 10:24 PM
Yeah, hopefully it'll be cool.

On another note, Tintau would've had time to prepare another healing infusion between encounters. If anybody wants to volunteer a healing surge to power the infusion, speak up. Otherwise Tintau will use one of his surges (he's at full healing surges and full hp).

On a semi-related note, Rannoch's character will (by some weird coincidence!) be at about the same level of resources (HP, surges, dailies used) as Leif when he's introduced.

atomiclemming
2013-01-31, 10:43 PM
yeah I will burn a surge to get my second infusion back. I dont plan on getting hit much if I can help it :)

Tukka
2013-01-31, 10:52 PM
OK.

Also, I forgot to mention action points. You can spend an action point during this encounter to effectively multitask -- you can perform one extra action during the round.

After this encounter you guys will reach a milestone, which means you'll be getting 1 action point. So if you still haven't used your AP for the day, you may want to do so at some point during this encounter.

Tegu8788
2013-02-01, 01:14 AM
Something tells me that none of us will succeed one of these checks.

Tukka, you said we could expend encounter powers to kill multiple targets in this battle. Does this include utility powers?

Tukka
2013-02-01, 01:19 AM
Tukka, you said we could expend encounter powers to kill multiple targets in this battle. Does this include utility powers?
In general, no. You may be able to use those powers somehow though during the encounter -- perhaps to get a bonus to a skill check if it makes some kind of sense. A movement/stealth related power might let you move out an area occupied by enemies without having to make a Stealth/Acrobatics check, etc.

atomiclemming
2013-02-01, 08:43 AM
If it is not too late I would like to modify my ward putting to outside the lighthouse.
I just realized I inadvertently put myself in melee at the beginning of combat.

Frothingslosh
2013-02-01, 09:42 AM
What's the range on the social checks in battle? Adjacent area, or can I shout from the lighthouse to the sea wall?

Tukka
2013-02-01, 12:54 PM
What's the range on the social checks in battle? Adjacent area, or can I shout from the lighthouse to the sea wall?
You can shout from the lighthouse to the sea wall.

Also, to Falconknight: The gatehouse and lighthouse are the technically same location. I suppose you could barricade the door between the two and make them separate locations, but it would require me to change the rules of the encounter and you wouldn't be able to attack enemies in other locations effectively from inside the gatehouse (being able to attack in the "red area"/Inside Lighthouse assumes you have easy access from the gatehouse to the upper floors of the lighthouse).

For now I am having you barricade the Inside Lighthouse for your second round action. This effectively barricades both doors connecting the Inner Lighthouse to the Outer Lighthouse.

atomiclemming
2013-02-01, 01:36 PM
I find it kind of funny that we are all non athletic when it comes to checks :)

Tegu8788
2013-02-01, 01:40 PM
But he said that this would be a social game...

Our Paladin isn't exactly the strongest, our Rogue the most nimble, but boy aren't we a charismatic punch. Who wants to try to talk them into building a barricade for us, eh?

Rannoch
2013-02-01, 02:54 PM
Before I built my Paladin, Tukka mentioned that the party was charisma heavy... but the charisma based powers were just so much cooler sounding.

Falconknight06
2013-02-01, 03:08 PM
Yah, my race lends itself to being charismatic, especially with it being my secondary stat. If possible, I might switch up my stats a bit after all this hub-bub dies down, upping my dex a bit. I'll still be very charismatic though.

Tegu8788
2013-02-01, 03:23 PM
Before I built my Paladin, Tukka mentioned that the party was charisma heavy... but the charisma based powers were just so much cooler sounding.

A lot of paladin Str powers have good Cha riders. And given that the Binder and my Bardguarder are completely Cha based, social actions will be easy for us, but I fear we will never be able to accomplish a physical. Do we need a barbarian for skill checks?

Rannoch
2013-02-01, 07:51 PM
A lot of paladin Str powers have good Cha riders. And given that the Binder and my Bardguarder are completely Cha based, social actions will be easy for us, but I fear we will never be able to accomplish a physical. Do we need a barbarian for skill checks?

Depending on how Tukka feels about it, I'll look into changing out my character's stats for a str based paladin.

Tegu8788
2013-02-01, 07:56 PM
Blackguard and Cavalier powers are tasty, but Taral will never have the Str needed for those.

And more Dex in the Rogue is never a bad thing. There are tricks to squeezing out the most out of your stats.

atomiclemming
2013-02-02, 12:19 PM
If he hasnt been contantly checking the updated spoiler info in the ic thread, aurora might not know he needs to tell you where he is setting a barricade..

Tukka
2013-02-02, 03:04 PM
After setting his wards, Saradoc retreats to the second floor of the lighthouse, where he might be able to put his skills to good use.
You end your turn in whatever location you acted in.

The next turn enemies will arrive on the Sea Wall. On your turn on the third round, you can attempt an Acrobatics or Stealth check to move out of that location, otherwise you would be stuck there. However, if you fail those checks, then you can use Fade Away which will serve as an auto-success on your Stealth check, then act normally.

Tegu8788
2013-02-03, 07:09 PM
Am I correct in assuming that the icons are just icons, no longer representative of minion or not?

atomiclemming
2013-02-03, 08:52 PM
Good Question,
I am planning to snipe as much as possible but I would want to choose my targets if possible
Tintau would go after spellcasters first normally
then leaders
then minions
or do we just kinda fire at closest enemy?

Tegu8788
2013-02-03, 08:55 PM
By the narrative, they are all generic solders with glaives this round. But if they do have casters, they would, of course, need top priority.

Rannoch
2013-02-03, 09:47 PM
Given that Leif doesn't have a properly ranged power, she'll either stall with her +5 intimidate or build more barricades.

Tukka
2013-02-03, 09:48 PM
Mechanically: 1 token = 1 enemy. One enemy is pretty much the same as the next in terms of their capabilities for the purposes of this battle. They can all attack from range, they're all equally easy/difficult to kill. I know that's a bit simplistic, but again, that's so things can go reasonable swiftly.

In the story: 1 minion token represents 5 patrolmen. But again, mechanically, they function like 1 enemy. The first wave of attacks consists of 10 patrolmen, 2 soldiers, 1 bruiser, 1 investigator and 1 wizard. Sorry if that's a bit confusing.

Also, remember, if you choose the Battle option, you do not need to make attack rolls or damage -- Battle will kill 1 enemy or 2 enemies if you use an Encounter attack power, or 3 enemies if you use a Daily attack power.

I'm going to wait until the end of each round to describe the outcome of everyone's turn, because character's action within the turn should not have any great tactical implications for the next player's turn, and the action is occurring "simultaneously" over the course a minute anyway.

Tukka
2013-02-03, 09:52 PM
Given that Leif doesn't have a properly ranged power, she'll either stall with her +5 intimidate or build more barricades.
You could also Battle on the Sea Wall. The PCs can move over the Sea Wall/Outside Lighthouse barricades without hindrance.

Tegu8788
2013-02-04, 03:09 PM
I want to use my augment Noble's Adept on that Athletics roll. [roll0]

Which makes it a 17! Even my buffing is poor.

atomiclemming
2013-02-05, 08:00 AM
If I set ward on the barricade with thundering armor would the force back and the +1 ac both take effect on the barricade?
Electric fencing :)

atomiclemming
2013-02-05, 09:02 PM
I was hoping the air elemental would help a little...
Does a couple minutes indicate 2 rounds until the next wave?

Tegu8788
2013-02-05, 09:11 PM
Either way, Taral took a beating there, and needs to heal.

atomiclemming
2013-02-05, 09:15 PM
I have a curative admixture with your name on it

atomiclemming
2013-02-05, 09:36 PM
woo I actually made one set ward check.. course I blew check #2

atomiclemming
2013-02-06, 02:43 PM
Tegu: My admixture heals your normal healing surge +2

Tegu8788
2013-02-06, 02:48 PM
Groovy. Goes from bloodied to almost full again. I figure it will end up with the melee guys self healing to prevent advancement and the ranged characters blast away to try and reduce amount of enemies.

atomiclemming
2013-02-06, 03:40 PM
The warding and barricades should help as well..
I have one more admixture remaining and a healing potion i can toss out (worth 10 hps at the expense of a healing surge)
If i get too hurt myself I can cower and let the turret do the shooting,
I am wondering if it would be worth aeric trying to further sabotage the controls.
Who knows we may even be able to retreat and still give the fleet enough time if we need to

Tegu8788
2013-02-06, 04:13 PM
I don't think there is anywhere we can retreat to, except higher up the tower. And if we do, we do it at the next to last round, so they may be able to fix the controls, but not use them. The more we can hold the lines we are in, the better off we are. If we have to fall back to the yellow zone, we let them work through the barricade while the rest of us blast at them. Lief has no range, but the Str to reinforce the barricade. Taral has his healing power, and a second wind.

atomiclemming
2013-02-06, 04:18 PM
Actually we do have passwall and water breathing to retreat into the sea as a last resort

Tegu8788
2013-02-06, 04:42 PM
True, but being in the water makes us sitting ducks. Even if we all end up blocking off the upper levels, then I'd rather do that, having our backup help get us out.

Frothingslosh
2013-02-06, 04:53 PM
I'm still thinking about our secondary objective, getting the Duchess. If we can delay the rebels, and keep the controls broken, perhaps we can use passwall, etc..to slip behind them into the fort and go hunting.

Tegu8788
2013-02-06, 04:59 PM
I thought we'd do it after the challenge, leading our allies against her. But perhaps a few can sneak by. If we could sabotage the actual hinge on the gate, that would buy us some time.

Falconknight06
2013-02-06, 06:23 PM
With the way I've been rolling, Aeric will never get the 10 I'd need to roll to sabotage the controls more, but he'll try in his queue while more bad guys get within range

Round of no enemies, Aeric will try to sabotage the controls more
Thievery
[roll0]

Round with enemies, I'll use another at will attack with my pistol (all of my encounter powers have a range less than 10, so only at wills currently)

And a stealth check for hiding after the shot
[roll1]

Tukka
2013-02-06, 06:31 PM
If I set ward on the barricade with thundering armor would the force back and the +1 ac both take effect on the barricade?
Electric fencing :)
The spell would go off, but it the push and the defense bonus, as small and short-lived as they are, would not have much of an extra impact over the course of the minute of combat the round represents.

Most powers have some extra effect besides damage, but basically, any extra effects that the power you imbue your ward with are already figured in given the fact that it outright KOs an enemy. Thundering Armor normally isn't powerful enough to kill an enemy outright normally, but the AC bonus and push still hinder your enemies and turn the situation against them, in such a way that they're set up for an easy kill.

If you you want to set up a Trap or Ward that does more than kill an enemy, you'll probably have to expend some sort of resource (such as using an Encounter or Daily power to charge the ward).

Also, a flavor note -- thunder damage and lightning damage are separate. Thunder is basically sonic damage.

I was hoping the air elemental would help a little...
Does a couple minutes indicate 2 rounds until the next wave?
Well, you guys had a bit overkill last round so there wasn't much left for the air elemental to do. Although I guess it could've saved Taral from using his encounter power.

Also, I don't want the elemental to contribute on the same scale as a PC and steal anyone's thunder, although I guess that's not too much of a problem since it can't really make skill checks and doesn't have encounter and daily powers.

And yeah, a couple minutes means it'll probably be 2 rounds until the next wave.

Tegu8788
2013-02-06, 06:50 PM
Well then, I'll post another round shortly. I don't mind using the power, I have a few to spare. Would it be possible for him use thundering armor to enforce the barricade instead of doing damage?

Tukka
2013-02-07, 11:04 PM
Would it be possible for him use thundering armor to enforce the barricade instead of doing damage?
Sure, it would work like Assemble Barricade, but use Arcana instead of Athletics, and the barricade could only benefit from one such ward at a time. The ward would be the last 2 points of the barrier to be depleted.

atomiclemming
2013-02-07, 11:19 PM
My first rune check was actually a success. you have me listed as failing at the sae wall.
I wanted to set a ward on the outer light house barricade and then the send on the inner barricade if there had been time.

Tukka
2013-02-07, 11:52 PM
My first rune check was actually a success. you have me listed as failing at the sae wall.
I wanted to set a ward on the outer light house barricade and then the send on the inner barricade if there had been time.
For some reason I had your check result down as an 18 instead of a 20 to set the outer barricade ward, which either way is a success (the symbols on the outer barricade represent your successful ward; I'm not going to put failed wards/traps on the map). And yeah, I also mistakenly had you down as warding the outside lighthouse on round 5, which I've correctly.

To Tegu8788, the drakes will be dead this turn regardless of whether or not you attack, between Aeric, the air elemental, and the Punishing Eye; they were pretty much foiled by not being able to take full advantage of their stealth.

Tegu8788
2013-02-07, 11:57 PM
Alright then, replace that with using one of their corpses as a ward. Set the magic, then chuck it down to the dock. I'll edit the post. Arcana [roll0]

Tukka
2013-02-08, 12:04 AM
The fey drakes won't be dead until the end of this round, so you can't set a ward on the Sea Wall yet. You could place one in the Outside Lighthouse area, though (no need to reroll your check).

Tegu8788
2013-02-08, 12:12 AM
Ah, but the fluff was so nice. Ah well, then set a ward on the top of the ramp.

Rannoch
2013-02-08, 01:27 AM

Neat idea.

atomiclemming
2013-02-08, 03:55 PM
yes it was.

Tukka
2013-02-10, 12:13 AM
Alright. You can still use a fey drake corpse though -- you've got access to one of those from the first one you killed.

Tegu8788
2013-02-10, 01:03 AM
That makes more sense, I'll do that, thanks.

And Taral should still be on the sea wall, he never left it.

mullensmd
2013-02-10, 06:56 PM
Um...

Aurora means to go from the upper entrance to the lighthouse to the lower one- the one in the control room- not to the outside barricade.

The map still shows her in lighthouse so it's okay there- jsut get her down with Aeric.

Rannoch
2013-02-11, 06:48 PM
Um...

Aurora means to go from the upper entrance to the lighthouse to the lower one- the one in the control room- not to the outside barricade.

The map still shows her in lighthouse so it's okay there- jsut get her down with Aeric.

I think the entrances are the same mechanically since they both lead into the yellow area.

atomiclemming
2013-02-12, 09:26 AM
I think rannoch is correct.
On another note would I be able to throw a shielding cube from inside the lighthouse to hit a group on the outside.
I cant decide weather I want to use it as a ward and take the chance of it not working or just use it in the round.
If I need to be outside to hit a group outside than I will do that.

Tegu8788
2013-02-13, 08:41 PM
I would use it now, in combat, where we know it will do good, instead of risking losing it to a skill check.

Yes, I know that's not what I did. I've thought since I did that.

atomiclemming
2013-02-19, 10:17 AM
I plan to, I gotta move a little closer to use it though.
Take out as many of those people as we can.
Looking ahead when we move forward if e dont die.
I was looking at utility powers and am I right in thinking swift mender is a good way to go for artificer ?
Fits with John to send out a little whizzing machine that I am assuming has an opportunity to negate an attack with a saving throw. Might come in handy is someone gets smacked with something heavy.
Punishing Eye definately has proved itself of being a good "spell" (thanks for the suggestion Tukka)

Frothingslosh
2013-02-19, 10:43 AM
Swift Mender is a good utility, but does not affect attacks. It let's you grant someone a saving throw on your turn as a minor action. Good to help us before the save end effect impacts us.

Tegu8788
2013-02-19, 01:20 PM
You don't save against an attack, you have a defense that they have to beat, which can be buffed. You save against the effects of certain attacks.

My Dread Smite, for example. You can make a save against the ongoing damage, but you can't make a save to block the initial attack. Granting saves against nasty effects will certainly be appreciated. Leaders are force amplifiers, increasing the effectiveness of the party. If we aren't crippled by statuses, we are more effective. You may not get credit for the big kill, but we'll thank you for helping us make that kill.

atomiclemming
2013-02-19, 01:21 PM
Swift Mender is a good utility, but does not affect attacks. It let's you grant someone a saving throw on your turn as a minor action. Good to help us before the save end effect impacts us.

So a save before a save then?

So if they are hit with a spell or effect that does 1/2 damage on save.. they could save to not have that effect hurt them at all?

Tegu8788
2013-02-19, 01:43 PM
Um, no. At the end of each characters turn they get to make saves against effects. It may take several tries to do so, and that can mean your character is nerfed for several rounds. By granting saves, you are basically giving us a free chance to save against the effect, often with a boost. It means that the effect still hits us, but you can reduce how often we take on going damage, or how long we are blinded.

The moment we are hit with a saves end effect, we are under that condition, and continue to be so until we succeed in a save against it. If you grant us a save before our turn comes up, we are still effected by ongoing damage or anything that grants CA, but when it becomes our turn, we are free to act normally.

Does that make more sense?

Tukka
2013-02-19, 06:06 PM
So a save before a save then?

So if they are hit with a spell or effect that does 1/2 damage on save.. they could save to not have that effect hurt them at all?
Tegu explained it pretty well. In 4e, there aren't really any effects that follow the structure Hit: 4d6 damage, DC 16 Reflex save for half damage. There powers that do (usually reduced) damage or inflict conditions on a miss, and there are typically no way to avoid those... with some caveats.

Powers like Swift Mender that grant saves can greatly mitigate certain effects, or even make them inconsequential.

For example, here's one of the attacks that the rebel wizards have (I've modified it a little so it's a bit simpler and more typical of the kind of powers monsters have):

Personal Thundercloud (implement, lightning, thunder) * Encounter
A tiny cloud appears above you, crackling with lightning as it chases you.
Attack: Ranged 20 (one creature); +5 vs. Will
Hit: 1d10+3 thunder damage.
Effect: The target takes ongoing 5 lightning damage (save ends). When the target takes this ongoing damage, any ally adjacent to him takes 2 lightning damage.

The "effect" takes place regardless of whether or not the target is hit by the attack -- there's no way to avoid it.

But let's say Taral is targeted by this attack and it misses. Taral is still subjected to the ongoing 5 lightning damage. The way ongoing damage works is that you take the specified damage at the start of your turn... and normally, you make saving throws at the very end of your turn.

This means that Taral is definitely going to take some damage... unless, say, your turn comes before Taral's, and you were to use Swift Mender on him. That grants him a saving throw immediately, and if he makes it (by rolling d20 and getting a 10 or better), the condition ends without him having suffered any harm from it.

So it can work in sort of the way I think you're envisioning. Certain conditions like ongoing damage, slowed, and weakened typically are not of much consequence until the PC affected by them take their turn (but then they suck, because they significantly hinder the PCs' actions). So on top of offering an "extra" saving throw (which is nice), granting an *early* saving throw can be really sweet.

Falconknight06
2013-02-19, 07:06 PM
Wow, my character is weirdly unathletic. Yah, I'm going to need to move my statistic points around when I get a chance too. Plus i just bought the PHB II, and I have a new plan for paragon. I'll be multiclassing into a lot of classes! With the quote un quote racial paragon path for half-elves, which is just the multiclass paragon path, but I get to pick abilities from any class.

Tegu8788
2013-02-19, 08:03 PM
Which one are you talking about? Getting multiple multiclassing is a pure Bard trick, but if anyone, a Half-Elf would get it.

Falconknight06
2013-02-19, 08:28 PM
Which one are you talking about? Getting multiple multiclassing is a pure Bard trick, but if anyone, a Half-Elf would get it.

There is a feat that lets Half-Elves turn their dilletante power from an encounter power to an at-will power (I believe it is a paragon feat). It also says that if you take the multi-class paragon path, you get to pick your powers from any class, not just the one you're multiclassed into.

It seems to be trying to make up for half-elves not having a racial paragon path. I like the idea, so I could take a few different abilities to complement my character, rather than one of the rogue or clerics paragon paths. I don't remember the name though, but it is in the PHB II.

Tegu8788
2013-02-19, 08:40 PM
Considering they get access to all Human and Elf racials, I'd say they come out ahead. But yes, Versatile Master is a strong feat. Giving up your paragon path is a steep price, and to paragon multiclass, I'm rp retry sure you have to spend four feats on power swaps, something I don't think you want to do.

Rannoch
2013-02-20, 01:09 AM
I love getting good rolls hampered by my stupid, heavy armor.

Falconknight06
2013-02-20, 01:25 AM
Considering they get access to all Human and Elf racials, I'd say they come out ahead. But yes, Versatile Master is a strong feat. Giving up your paragon path is a steep price, and to paragon multiclass, I'm rp retry sure you have to spend four feats on power swaps, something I don't think you want to do.

I do want to spend my feats on power swaps though. At least I do right at this moment. And I only need three feats to do it. I'm not sure if I will though, but at this exact moment in time it sounds fun. But we'll see how the game starts to go. I do know that if I die I'm making a sorceror.

atomiclemming
2013-02-20, 07:39 AM
Hmm ok that clears things up quite a bit on the swift mender, ty

Falconknight06
2013-02-21, 04:11 PM
Whoops, stealth should have been +7 not +8. Sorry.

Falconknight06
2013-02-22, 02:33 AM
So this is a question for Tukka,

Did you mention letting us mess around with our character before level three? Because I've been thinking of switching my multiclass from Cleric to Bard. My character would still be an acolyte of Sehanine, so his backstory would stay the same, but I could be more helpful for the party because I wouldn't be trying to have a 13 in Wisdom along with my Rogue abilities of Dexterity and Charisma. Right now I feel like a poor Striker for the party, but I like having a healing ability to help the party at least once a day. If I can switch to Bard Multiclass, I can switch up my ability score allotment too, making myself better at actually being a rogue.

EDIT: I did realize my effectiveness wil skyrocket at level 11 when eyebite becomes an at-will power. That will allow me to do sneak attack damage at least every other attack as I can go

Eyebite makes me become invisible to my enemy until the end of my next turn
Then Rogue attack power because Invisibility makes them grant me CA
Then Eyebite
Etc. Etc.

Sorry for all of these off topic posts everyone, I just like planning for my character a bit.

Tegu8788
2013-02-22, 11:09 AM
Mechanically, Bard would be much better for you, and can be fixed with retraining, a normal think. Tukka is offering more creative remodeling.

Rannoch
2013-02-22, 01:19 PM
Sorry for all of these off topic posts everyone, I just like planning for my character a bit.

That's fine, I'm glad to see that other people are struggling a little with their characters as well.

I'm still considering a strength based paladin but since this is my first D&D character I'll probably stick with the charisma paladin I built and see how long he lasts.

Tegu8788
2013-02-22, 02:11 PM
Be aware, that Taral is going to dip heavily into Chaladin powers. Not saying you should/can't, but I don't want you to feel like I'm stealing your tricks. I'll never get any Str powers.

And I'm definitely struggling with mine, don't worry.

Falconknight06
2013-02-22, 03:04 PM
Originally I was going to play a Bard multiclass, but I didn't have the book for it, so I multiclassed in Cleric. Now I have the book so next level I'm retraining my multiclass to Bard and redoing my ability scores to be more conducive to a competent character.

Tegu8788
2013-02-22, 03:37 PM
As it shows, I'm a fan of the Bard, and other Cha based classes. It looks like we will certainly have enough healing and talky skills in the party.

Falconknight06
2013-02-22, 04:16 PM
As it shows, I'm a fan of the Bard, and other Cha based classes. It looks like we will certainly have enough healing and talky skills in the party.

And hopefully I'll be a better striker. I might try to pick up the feat that gives me CA against someone who is flanked by my teammates, even if I'm at a range. That should up my damage output as well.

Frothingslosh
2013-02-22, 05:13 PM
Now that we have a solid party make, I'm thinking about a major rework of my character to help shore up any lingering holes. Tukka willing, of course.

It seems that we need Str. I'll have to see how to fit that with my character background - which I like. We'll see.

Tegu8788
2013-02-22, 05:22 PM
Our Gnome caster, the brute... Well, that would be humorous.

Falconknight06
2013-02-22, 05:35 PM
Technically Rogues third ability score is supposed to be strength, and moving my multiclass to Bard will allow me to move some of the points I currently have in wisdom over to strength. I'm hoping for a 16 Dex, 16 Cha as my main two ability values, and then doling out the rest.

EDIT:

I calculated it out, and as soon as I can, here will be my new ability scores

13 Str
14 Con
16 Dex
10 Int
11 Wis
16 Cha

This will make me much better at my job as striker

Tegu8788
2013-02-22, 06:05 PM
That really only counts if you are plaining on going after the Brawny path, it doesn't matter as much. The Rogue is lucky to not be one of the "V-classes" like the Paladin, Warlock, or Ranger. If you want to bump your damage, consider a Dex 18, Cha 16. Or a 20 in Dex if you can. Dex is the primary stat, Cha only a secondary for Rogues.

But as for stat spread among the party, I believe we are looking somewhat like this.

Aeric the Half-Elf Rogue: Dex/Cha, Str
Aurora the Shifter Druid: Wis, Con/Dex?
Paladin o' the moment: Str/Cha, Wis
John the Human Artificer: Int, Con/Wis?
Saradoc the Gnome Binder: Cha, Int/Dex?
Taral the Tiefling Bardguarder: Cha, Con, Int

We have plenty of Cha, but given that we all knew this was going to be a social game that's not surprising. Wis and Int have decent representation, Con as well, though there aren't many Con skills. Dex may be covered, but Str is definitely under served.

And FalconKnight, if you want easy CA, flanking with Taral will let us both get access to our extra striker damage.

Falconknight06
2013-02-22, 06:20 PM
That really only counts if you are plaining on going after the Brawny path, it doesn't matter as much. The Rogue is lucky to not be one of the "V-classes" like the Paladin, Warlock, or Ranger. If you want to bump your damage, consider a Dex 18, Cha 16. Or a 20 in Dex if you can. Dex is the primary stat, Cha only a secondary for Rogues.

But as for stat spread among the party, I believe we are looking somewhat like this.

Aeric the Half-Elf Rogue: Dex/Cha, Str
Aurora the Shifter Druid: Wis, Con/Dex?
Paladin o' the moment: Str/Cha, Wis
John the Human Artificer: Int, Con/Wis?
Saradoc the Gnome Binder: Cha, Int/Dex?
Taral the Tiefling Bardguarder: Cha, Con, Int

We have plenty of Cha, but given that we all knew this was going to be a social game that's not surprising. Wis and Int have decent representation, Con as well, though there aren't many Con skills. Dex may be covered, but Str is definitely under served.

And FalconKnight, if you want easy CA, flanking with Taral will let us both get access to our extra striker damage.

Dex 20 is impossible unless I change my race. half-Elves get +2 to Cha and Con. I could try for an 18 in it but it would make my character more one dimensional than I'd like. As for Cha, I know it is secondary, but it adds to my sly flourish damage and my ability to move enemies around, so I like having it at a +3. And flanking will happen, but with the CA granted at range, I could have more chances to have CA and do sneak attack damage. The only downside to the stats I listed, it reduces my insight which is something my character is supposed to be really good at. Ah well, a +9 is still pretty good right?

EDIT:
Here would be my most optimized stats

Str 10
Con 12
Dex 18
Int 8
Wis 11
Cha 16

That could still work ok, though it makes my character kind of dumb. But we could work with it if it would help the party, which it would, so I'll do it. These will be my stats when I get the chance to change them.

Helping people!

Tegu8788
2013-02-22, 06:47 PM
You can actually get that bonus to Cha, and chose between Con and Wis. I forgot about the racial thing, 18 should be plenty. I know the feat you are talking about, I just can't find it right now. Hidden Sniper gives you CA for being hidden at range, Cunning Stalker gives CA against any creature that doesn't have anyone (but you) next to it.

Stats don't have to perfectly reflect roleplay, only roll play. I think it would be fun to play an intellectual barbarian that constantly has memory block.

Falconknight06
2013-02-22, 06:55 PM
You can actually get that bonus to Cha, and chose between Con and Wis. I forgot about the racial thing, 18 should be plenty. I know the feat you are talking about, I just can't find it right now. Hidden Sniper gives you CA for being hidden at range, Cunning Stalker gives CA against any creature that doesn't have anyone (but you) next to it.

Stats don't have to perfectly reflect roleplay, only roll play. I think it would be fun to play an intellectual barbarian that constantly has memory block.

Those stats work ok actually, because here is what it would do

Str 10 is no change from now
Con 12 just means he is a little less hardy than now (was 14)
Dex 18 makes him much more dexterous (Was 15)
Int 8 means he isn't an academic with gunsmithing and religion, more of a savant or enthusiast (Was 10)
Wis 11 better illustrates how he isn't a true cleric, just an enthusiastic supporter (Was 13)
Cha 16 just means he is slightly less charismatic (Was 17)

It also makes it easier for me to hit with my rogue powers, and ups my sly flourish damage from 1d4+5 to 1d4+7 which is good

And the feat for ranged CA is in PHB II and I'm pretty sure it is a heroic feat. Multiclassing in bard also makes me happy because now I can be in a Bard paragon path, which makes me happy! It also changes my mystical powers from Divine to Arcane, but in this world they're not super different.

Tegu8788
2013-02-22, 07:23 PM
Those look solid to me. And as far as Divine to Arcane, this game loves refluffing. You could play your current character as a Druid with current chassis if you wanted, slashing with razor sharp claws (daggers), and using a thrown bag of herbs to heal people. Being a Tinkerer instead of an Inventor could be good.

Rannoch
2013-02-23, 02:40 AM
Just a quick note but I plan on switching my paladin from:
After Racials:
Str Con Dex Int Wis Cha
11 15 8 12 16 16 (w/o training in Athletics)
to
16 13 10 10 14 16 (w/ training in Athletics)

I lose 1 of my Lay on Hands per day and 2 hp but I gain the ability to actually pass strength/athletics checks.

I'll keep my current feat/power set (exactly what I've been using as Leif).

Tegu8788
2013-02-23, 10:48 PM
Our Paladin heals, our Rogue heals, our Artificer heals, my Bardguarder heals...

And it's not hard for a Druid to get healing powers if she dips into Sentinel. Pretty sure there are no healing Warlock powers, but I could be wrong.

We will be able to survive just about anything.

Falconknight06
2013-02-23, 11:05 PM
I'm thinking I'll explain the change to Bard multiclass as my character believes in a divine song permeating the universe, giving him a more divine flavor to any bard powers I pick up later. This allows me to keep my current backstory, and his religious leanings. Plus, I'm getting Religion as my trained multiclass skill anyway, same as when I was cleric multiclassed. Not hard to explain in game.

Tegu8788
2013-02-23, 11:11 PM
Hello choir boy!

Tegu8788
2013-02-25, 11:53 PM
So, whom are we waiting on?

Tukka
2013-02-26, 01:49 AM
So, whom are we waiting on?
That would be me, sorry about that. I spend the weekends with my girlfriend and sometimes don't have a lot of computer time, and today I was kept busy with some birthday stuff.

I'll post an update this afternoon (or maybe earlier if I can).

Those stats work ok actually, because here is what it would do
All that looks fine by me.

Edit:

Alright, I posted the conclusion to the Hold the Lighthouse encounter. I'll post another update later. You guys can ask can talk with Captain Peters and his crew in time meantime.

This is not relevant just yet, but everyone make a History check and an Arcana check now if you wish. (This is a knowledge check.)

Also, here's the HP and surge values I have for everyone at the moment, as of the very end of the Hold the Lighthouse encounter. Please let me know if this is inconsistent with what you've got.

Air elemental... bloodied
Aeric... HP: 20/26, Surges: 6/8
Aurora... HP: 17/25, Surges: 8/8
Tintau... HP: 22/25, Surges: 6/7
Leif... HP: 13/30, Surges: 9/12 (bloodied)
Taral... HP: 20/28, Surges: 9/10

Frothingslosh
2013-02-26, 10:56 AM
Sweet, although I'm not in the list for HP and surges. I think i'm full and have used one surge.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Falconknight06
2013-02-26, 04:19 PM
So should I wait until we level up to redo Aeric's stats, or can I do it now because of the break in fighting? I'm fine either way, I just want to check.

Also, I am spending another healing surge to heal up to full, so I am now at 26 HP with 5 healing surges left today.

Tukka
2013-02-26, 04:21 PM
So should I wait until we level up to redo Aeric's stats, or can I do it now because of the break in fighting? I'm fine either way, I just want to check.
You can do it now.

Falconknight06
2013-02-26, 04:32 PM
You can do it now.

OK, so I've switched to Bard multiclass (doesn't change anything until tomorrow anyway as I can only use the healing power from either multiclass once a day and I've already used it today) and my stats are more optimized.

Also, I figure it shouldn't be a big deal, but if it is I'll go the normal route. Is it ok if I switch the healing of my majestic word from arcane to divine, just to keep the divine aspect of the character? If it will break the game, I'll switch it to the normal Bard one and just have my character be religious, and not necessarily divinely powered. It is easy to explain arcane powers anyway, what with his mother being a warlock and all.

Tukka
2013-02-26, 05:47 PM
I don't think it would break anything, but it's hard to anticipate sometimes how different feats, class features, items, etc. can interact. If you don't build around playing a "divine" bard in mechanical terms it shouldn't be an issue, but in that case the power source probably won't much matter. And even as an arcane power, you could role-play Majestic Word as quoting a line of scripture in an inspirational fashion, or a brief prayer, or singing a few lines from a hymn.

For now you can treat it as divinely powered, but I may change my mind on that if it does somehow seem it may become problematic.

Tegu8788
2013-02-26, 06:13 PM
The only way it would unbalance things would be if you added the Divine Keyword to it, though I've no idea how much a power you can only use once a day will be effected.

Falconknight06
2013-02-26, 06:37 PM
No, I meant for more flavor purposes. On my sheet, I still have the words for the cleric healing thing because I'm not near the book to change them to the bard one, but yeah, Aeric is going to see his powers, even though they are arcane, with more of a divine bent to them. Still arcane power source though, especially because changing the power source makes taking other powers in Bard wacky later. Also, because of sehanine's portfolio, most of his songs are likely love songs.

Tegu8788
2013-02-27, 07:35 PM
Atomiclemming, please, there is an edit button. Unless you are adding new roll, you don't need to make a new post. Seeing a new post in the subscriptions, then finding its just a continued post is like finding that giant present under the tree is a trashcan. Again.

Here are my rolls, for some mystery event. Fun.
History [roll0]
Arcana [roll1]

Edit: So Taral apparently skipped history class to go to science magic class, often. Taral will cast all the things.

atomiclemming
2013-02-28, 11:42 AM
Atomiclemming, please, there is an edit button. Unless you are adding new roll, you don't need to make a new post. Seeing a new post in the subscriptions, then finding its just a continued post is like finding that giant present under the tree is a trashcan. Again.

Edit: So Taral apparently skipped history class to go to science magic class, often. Taral will cast all the things.
I will try to leave you better presents but to be fair the trashcan is top of the line.

Tukka: I am assuming our encounter powers will recharge before our next encounter. Or does our successful defense mark the end of the day?
If so I want to spend some time running tests on the elemental matter I collected

1d20+9

Frothingslosh
2013-02-28, 11:57 AM
I believe that now is the time for us to strike at the Duchess. We still have some of our ritual scrolls that we can use to get deeper into the fortress. You are correct in that we won't add much to the navy's action, but we can penetrate their defenses and go for the traitorous wench.

Rannoch
2013-02-28, 03:12 PM
I just wanted to let you all know that I won't be around a computer until tomorrow afternoon/evening but it looks like Leif is leaving on a volunteer mission anyway.

Tukka: I have an updated character sheet for Alleran (Stats/Skills updated, background and stuff firmed up) that I'll send your way when I get back home tomorrow.

Tegu8788
2013-02-28, 03:38 PM
That's what I figured. I wonder if we will find your character while fighting the Duchess...

Falconknight06
2013-03-01, 11:47 PM
This is for me, I'm keeping track of my current requisitions for later:

2 boxes of ammunition (40 shots) 2 gp

mullensmd
2013-03-02, 10:48 AM
Late I know, but the rollbot was giving me fits

[roll0] Arcane
[roll1] History

atomiclemming
2013-03-06, 09:15 AM
I am assuming the air elemental is healed , if he is still hurt I want to let him rest.
Otherwise I am curious as to weather he can carry some water.. cool off the fire mage.

atomiclemming
2013-03-08, 11:47 PM
I am going to have limited access for the next week or so.
Just wanted to let everyone know

Rannoch
2013-03-11, 01:52 PM
That's fine.
I just got a new job so I'll mostly be posting in the evenings (PST). So night time for you east coast folks.

Tegu8788
2013-03-12, 10:11 PM
As long as we keep posting, it should be fine. Let's keep this moving forward.

And on that note, after tomorrow, I will be AFKish for the weekend. Going to a con and there may or may not be wifi/time to post. I'll try to keep up with what happens, but can't promise a full IC post until late Monday night.

Frothingslosh
2013-03-12, 10:51 PM
What con are you going to?

Tegu8788
2013-03-12, 11:22 PM
One in Lexington, Kentucky. And old friend from home is excited about the Power Rangers, and I'm excited to see what kind of Star Wars stuff they will have. I've got to Jayne costume ready, just need to make a power glove for a Tony Stark suit.

Falconknight06
2013-03-13, 04:45 PM
I'm also still here, in case anyone was worried (I know you all were).:smallcool:

atomiclemming
2013-03-17, 08:29 PM
And i am now back, the place i was at had no interweb access at all

Rannoch
2013-03-17, 08:34 PM
and I'm still here.

Tegu8788
2013-03-21, 09:20 PM
Has the game died?

Rannoch
2013-03-22, 07:54 AM
We haven't seen Tukka in a while so I don't know.

Tegu8788
2013-03-26, 10:25 PM
That's unfortunate. I was enjoying this world.

Rannoch
2013-03-27, 01:31 PM
So was I. I'll still keep an eye on the thread because I would like to continue if Tukka comes back.

Tukka
2013-04-04, 07:24 PM
Hey everyone, sorry about the disappearance.

I got a bit busy and burned out, so I procrastinated about posting for a while, and my guilt about not posting caused me to procrastinate a bit more.

I don't think I have the time and energy to continue running the game right now, unfortunately. I hope the game was enjoyable for you guys while it and ran and this isn't too much of a disappointment.

Thanks for the game, everyone.

Tegu8788
2013-04-04, 08:02 PM
It was fun. Sorry to see it go. Recoup, and if you ever have the time and energy for another game, look me up.

Thanks for a fun run.

atomiclemming
2013-04-06, 03:31 PM
It's ok Tukka, Life happens.
I never got to reveal John's Secret , eventually it was gonna come out.