PDA

View Full Version : First of my Order (A Cleric thread)

doc225
2012-11-29, 03:42 PM
I am an 8th level cleric of Lathander. Actually I am Clr 6, Radiant Servant 2. My DM has allowed me to use the Radiant Servant of Pelor, rather than the Morninglord PrC, as it fit the playing style and character flavor I wanted. I am looking to become the founder of the Radiant Servants of Lathander, an order specialized in healing and the destruction of undead, with the bonus of receiving an increase in light based spells. We also plan to incorporate a loose version of the VoP, as my character has always donated a large percentage of income (loot) to his church. We recently received lands and titles from Randall Morn, including a frontier keep. I have recruited 1 3rd level cleric and 4 1st as my shrine attendants and to start my order. My DM has given me the option of creating these characters, and I want to make sure I don't hit any major pitfalls when doing so. These characters need not be optimized for combat, and must have either the sun or healing domain. the 3rd level will have both.

Any suggestions? feel free to ask any questions you might have in order to properly assist.

Thanks in advance!

Twilightwyrm
2012-11-29, 04:07 PM
What are the duties of these clerics likely to be, and what are you looking to get out of them? If you are strictly providing healing, and occasionally dealing with minor undead infestations, I would recommend recruiting at least one, if not two, of these clerics from the local population (and more preferably, at least one of the two from the non-oldest sons of any local noble houses), make sure they get the Touch of Healing reserve feat ASAP and call it a day. If you are looking to convert people to your faith, make sure are as Charismatic as possible, and have them train maximum ranks in diplomacy, as well as Sense Motive and Knowledge (Local) and (Nobility) for those higher than 1st. If you anticipate fighting a lot, worry less about recruitment from the local populations, and more about building them as tough as possible, with a greater focus on Buffing and fortification spells, such as Magic Weapon, Bull's Strength, Obscuring Mist, etc. with further emphasis on making your stronghold defensible. By all means, reach out the the locals for help with defense, and in return help fight with, train, and heal any local militias, so as to gain both yourself and your cleric assistants as much experience as possible.
More than these general guidelines, and I am going to need some more specific information on what you are hoping to acomplish, and what you look to be facing.

doc225
2012-11-29, 04:52 PM
The primary duties will be the everyday operations of the shrine at the keep. This will include healing, casting bless or other spells when defending the keep, and any utility (create water, light, etc..) need that might pop up in the keep.

we also plan to rotate the 1st level clerics on caravan duty with 6 guards when supplies are needed from the town, which is about 2 days away. The keep is also 2 days away from an old dwarven mine, that we plan to help retake and install the descendants of the old family into leadership, using our keep as a staging area during the battle, and a point of trade after. I don't see my recruits playing a major part in the battles for the mine, but they may have to deal with casualties that live long enough to make it back. I hope to level them in a way that leads into the RS PrC, but I can't make them cookie-cutter guys. DM says there has to be diversity in them. I plan to make the 3rd level guy basically a clone of myself when I was 3rd.. and the others should compliment each other well to round out a temple/shrine staff, while also training as instructors for the selected few Radiant Servants of Lathander