PDA

View Full Version : The Kitten god

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-29, 07:30 PM
OOc Here ya go drack

Not sure on appearnce, So Cannot post a good Start.
You have landed on a mountian, Very cold...Very High as well.

drack
2012-11-29, 07:41 PM
So I sit in my realm since time unfathomable, and yet now I'm suddenly popped out on a mountain? :smallconfused: Also I'm more of a god of lifedeath then anything else.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-29, 08:03 PM
Eh, I like you as a Kitten god.
now, Really, You pop out on a mountian.
Live with it :smallbiggrin:

drack
2012-11-29, 08:09 PM
OK... I use my god-powers to pop back to an entrance to my realm, and enter. :smallconfused:

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-29, 08:10 PM
You find that such abilites are blocked.

drack
2012-11-29, 08:12 PM
I see... :smallconfused: so I'm up against pure DM-fait. :smalltongue: I go limp and play the puppet on the st4rings I suppose.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-29, 08:25 PM
Slightly, It is a Higher form, Called Plot!

drack
2012-11-29, 08:53 PM
Yes, books have plots. :smalltongue: I seem to recall them not allowing their characters that overrated bit called free will. :smalltongue:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-30, 12:40 AM
You got transported as well mon ami? A voice coming from all directions says.

drack
2012-11-30, 12:47 AM
draw-ka-ka-ka is immune to all detection methods, and despite being DM-fiat puppeted out into the middle of nowhere is still unnoticed. Furthermore Doc you told me you'd give me the immediate surroundings that I see. Tell me, what is currently occurring across all of existence.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-30, 01:07 AM
This is not some detecting ability, I don't need to find you as I was already here. Right now I am directly looking at your character, just in an inconspicuous form. I will become noticeable upon request.

The world you see contains lots of plains and mountains, a large ocean, and a large sea/ lake thing. There are number of creatures to tough to describe, they are more draconic on average, their exists a few unique creatures like a giant of epic proportions, and a extra large squid. Places of interest include large human, abomination, dino, aquatic, bird, mage, and dragon kingdoms.

You may or may not be able to see any of the other planes, but shady has not told me enough about them so assume black hole golems guard the perimeter of the plane blocking sight, or all the plains are very simmilar to normal D&D, but with more dragons.

drack
2012-11-30, 01:14 AM
Yes, if you are standing directly next to me looking right at me, sticking your tongue out, and walk right into my you will not notice me, nor will any ability of divine origin or otherwise bypass this. :smallcool:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-30, 01:19 AM
Except for the ability specifically designed to bypass it.

drack
2012-11-30, 01:22 AM
And which one do you suggest was designed to bypass it?

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-30, 01:46 AM
Well I don't know, but what I do know is I have happened to take all the same class features, feats, divine abilities, racial features, ect. you have, whatever they happen to be. If this does not allow me to see you, I can do things such as see you as if I were you, so assuming you could somehow detect yourself.

drack
2012-11-30, 01:59 AM
Nope, I cannot detect myself unless I want to be able to detect myself (ie suppress the ability). :smallcool:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-30, 02:08 AM
Well in such a case you are not aware of yourself mentally and cannot suppress or activate any of your abilities. You do need to be self aware.

drack
2012-11-30, 02:16 AM
Were that the case I'd point out you carrying the same deficit, but sadly it is instead more a case of being perceived by those whom I wish to perceive me, allowing me to simply allow me to perceive myself, though this would rise an interesting question of to which degree one must see ones self in order to act. :smalltongue:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-30, 02:23 AM
My methods allow me to see you just as well as you see yourself however my nondetectability lets me see myself without you using the method I use to detect you working. I am pretty sure I know your capabilities already OoC and figured I could do this successfully unless you fave some homebrew I am unaware of.

drack
2012-11-30, 02:30 AM
Nope, it was the obscure homebrew one. :smallcool:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-30, 02:43 AM
Oh wait I think it still works due to the nature of my telepathic message. One form of my telepathy is heard by everyone within a chosen range, much like regular speaking. I have foreseen that in every place I could telepathically speak this is one spot where someone would hear me, and as that is unexpected because otherwise I could not sense someone their(unless my form of detection still happens to work on the homebrew I don't know about (PM it to me and we will see)). So I know some intelligent thing is in your location. It does not target you, does not count as any easily preventable type of effect , is immune to being prevented, and you are also unable to block off your hearing to prevent this.

drack
2012-11-30, 07:05 AM
Still doesn't detect any better then you eyes.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-30, 01:24 PM
Then I still need to see the homebrew shady allowed you to gain this undetectablity like I said.

drack
2012-11-30, 01:39 PM
And I need to see your list of private approved homebrew too as I too have all class features. :smallwink: this is why I suggested a pubic list, but I the mean time I suppose we'll make do with what we know of. :smallcool:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-30, 01:57 PM
Actually its not a class feature, divine ability, feat, spell, skill, equipment, or racial ability. So it's not something you get automatically.

drack
2012-11-30, 01:59 PM
Doesn't change that we each have a list. :smalltongue:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-30, 02:33 PM
Yes, but I have nothing approved for me that you would also have is the Echo of the Bivore which most people probably know about anyways cause shady approved it publicly. Now I need your homebrew as well, so we can make basic interactions between our characters possible.

drack
2012-11-30, 02:38 PM
Yup, this is from something approved for an ally. my stuff is mostly public. :smallwink:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-30, 03:31 PM
Alright upon evaluation of some homebrew my method does not let me know you are on the mountain, but I am aware you exist and can then speak to you.

drack
2012-11-30, 04:05 PM
How are you aware that I'm here again? :smalltongue: (it's passive, so it's been up the whole while...) :smalltongue:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-30, 04:56 PM
It is an ability that pierces every defense except for one that you do not have. The ability specifically says that only this one thing can stop it and only if they win a level check.

drack
2012-11-30, 05:00 PM
Do you have two such abilities? (not two uses, nor two sources of the same ability, but two separate abilities that do the same thing)

Dr.Orpheus
2012-12-01, 02:00 AM
I could have as many as I want and seeing that I can't think of any more new abilities to add to my character he would have extra copies of abilities he already has and later change them to new abilities when I think of more.

drack
2012-12-01, 08:20 AM
sounds like the same ability... :smallconfused:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-12-03, 06:37 PM
In such a case I would win the level check, but you could not have this ability, it it unattainable, uncopyable, ect. by characters other then me and can't be gained by characters that turn into me so long as they are controlled by another player. It sounds like this has been concluded, unless you put up more defenses which you should not need to sense I am only engaging in friendly conversation, and my cohort will greet you as described above.

drack
2012-12-04, 12:16 AM
OK, chatted with some of my allies a bit, and while that still doesn't let you see me (regardless of level check) I suppose we can start this again with me visible for fun when I have a moment.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-12-04, 01:05 AM
If you wish. Sense we are able to converse regardless of you being visible we can just start talking now though.