PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer Class Help

Ninjadeadbeard
2012-11-30, 12:06 AM
So...does anyone know much about this class (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Adventurer_(3.5e_Class))? One of my players wants to play one in an upcoming game, but he's a little on the sneaky side so I don't want to get blindsided by a Tier 1 Roflstomper. For reference, we're gonna start a fairly magic-lite, exploration game with a party mostly made up of people who have only played through one adventure (across multiple sessions), and are not high optimizers, unlike the player asking for this class. I'm pretty terrible at noticing game-breaking combos at first glance, and I don't trust anything from D&D Wiki without a second opinion.

So, what does Giantitp think of the Adventurer Class? Good? Bad? Meh? Broken? How does it fair as a Skillmonkey (the reason it was suggested)?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-11-30, 12:25 AM
Try the Factotum base class in Dungeonscape instead, everyone will be better off.

Flickerdart
2012-11-30, 12:38 AM
This belongs in Homebrew.

Skimming it over, it's a T4 class that's useless beyond a short dip. It tries to mix a Bard's casting with a Rogue's special abilities and Fighter's bonus feats, except it makes all three awful. There's no reason to take this class past 7th.

eggs
2012-11-30, 01:23 AM
Until level 10, it looks like actual competition with a Feat Rogue//Bard gestalt (no music and 3 fewer feats, but better spells, better feats, divine grace and early skill mastery). After level 10, I really don't know what would make the class worth leveling in instead of something like Knight of the Weave or Spellthief/Unseen Seer.

Wise Green Bean
2012-11-30, 03:08 AM
I'd agree that you should encourage him to look at factotum or beguiler. Same theme but official and hassle free. But if he's dead set on that class, whatever, let him. It's not game breaking in any way. He'd be damn difficult to kill(just try and make him fail a save), and the CHA based class has some nice synergy with UMD as a class skill, a fairly uncommon thing, but he won't mess up anything. If anything, he's gonna be a bit annoyed that he doesn't have much offensive ability. Might make a decent archer, but apart from that, I'm really not sure. It's too squishy to get up close with so little bite(none of the rogue's sneak attack). Still, that's a pretty good spell list, so that helps a lot.