PDA

View Full Version : Help with deciding a wish.

Dragonus45
2012-11-30, 02:35 PM
So i managed to get hold of a me wish, and im not sure if my idea for it is stretching good taste. I was to either wish for wings or for a third arm that is easily hidden but functional enough to cast spells so i could multi class into magus, or the ability to fluently speak, understand and read any language. Im playing a half-orc fighter specializing in a greatsword.

rockdeworld
2012-11-30, 02:43 PM
So i managed to get hold of a me wish, and im not sure if my idea for it is stretching good taste. I was to either wish for wings or for a third arm that is easily hidden but functional enough to cast spells so i could multi class into magus, or the ability to fluently speak, understand and read any language. Im playing a half-orc fighter specializing in a greatsword.
I don't recommend spellcasting unless you know what you're doing, because gishes can be hard to get right.

If you want to stay within the bounds of good taste, wings (60' fly speed, good maneuverability, always on) are a good choice, since mobility is a big problem for fighters.

If you want to get a little higher-powered, you can wish for The Shield of the Sun (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/artifacts.htm#theShieldoftheSun), The Saint's Mace, or a Belt of Magnificience +6.

If you want to go crazy, you could wish for a ring of infinite wishes (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/The_Wish_and_the_Word_%283.5e_Optimized_Character_ Build%29).

Dragonus45
2012-11-30, 02:48 PM
I should mention were at level 10, im at 9, in a pathfinder game and i already have what is essentially a belt of magnificence, its a plot thing. I figure with the arm i could get away with multi classing as a magus since i also wound up with an 18 int. The other thing i would need help with is the wording, since the DM requires that no one use a game term in a wish.

HunterColt22
2012-11-30, 03:10 PM
For the sake of your own sanity and your groups go for something simple. The wings are nice, as well as the suggestion of a particular item, remember these two words whenever a DM gives you a wish, "Monkey's Paw." That is all.

Psyren
2012-11-30, 05:08 PM
There are grafts for both the arm and wings, and they should be within Wish's money limit, so those should be fine. Getting an arm that can actually multiclass for you sounds a lot more likely to screw you over, so I'd be careful with that one.

rockdeworld
2012-12-01, 02:18 AM
The other thing i would need help with is the wording, since the DM requires that no one use a game term in a wish.
The DM requires that characters in your universe don't use the words that describe things in their universe?

"I wish I had a ring that granted infinite wishes." :smallamused:

Anyway, make it simple, or talk to your DM first to make sure he'll allow it. Simple wishes are hard to screw over (but possible, if your DM really doesn't like you). Asking "is this okay?" will ensure he doesn't try, and gives him advance notice for how you want your character to play in the future, so that he can create suitable challenges.

Something simple would be "I wish to have the Fiendish Wings graft applied."

killem2
2012-12-01, 12:46 PM
Here is another vote for keeping it simple. Maybe a ring of mass teleport. That would be great for your party to zip around :)

frost890
2012-12-01, 03:36 PM
I would say go with the teleport ring or a ring of flying. or I wish I could breath fire like a dragon.:smallbiggrin: gaining a breath weapon for a fighter is surprisingly helpfull, since the figher tends to take the lead anyway.

The Redwolf
2012-12-01, 06:43 PM
A bag from which you can draw an infinite number of kittens, one per move action, that are so adorable they force everyone other than you near the kitten to make a will save or start doing nothing but expressing love for the kittens. Start pulling them out in combat until eventually your enemies fail the saves and combat is over, and you can all bond over your shared love of kittens. You now have a bunch of friends in place of your enemies and things will start getting easier. Have somebody analyze the magic that made the bag/makes it work and replicate it so you all have kitten-bags and then you can rule the world one cuddly little furball at a time.

Edit: I should add a caveat that you should find a way to phrase it all more simply so the DM can't screw you.