PDA

View Full Version : Dnd 3.5 Ranger Assassin build help - Warcraft RPG world

ki11ua
2012-11-30, 03:22 PM
I'm about to build a 11-12th, most probably Troll.
Since a ranger is missing from the party, i decided to build one, but with the exception of of being the stealthy kind.
There is a weak prestige class (http://www.wowwiki.com/Dead_shot), kind of what I want, but it focuses a lot on RP stuff like "waiting 24hours for the target unmoved" and other unwanted feats.
I don't intend to powergame, but to have a combination of stealthy ranged attacks and fun RP for the Troll (it sounds though quite powergaming!).
For the RP I'd like to have some misleading abilities for the party, like maybe a weak dual-weapon fighting style.

Now, I know that most of you wouldn't have the XP of playing Warcraft RPG, but for sure you are familiar with the world. Also, the rules and many of the classes are based on 3,5 DnD.

Since the ranger class is not a core class in Warcraft RPG (except if you are an Elf - Even Ranger early Prestige), I can start building from Rogue or a Fighter for the Feats.
Faerūn is excluded, of course.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

ngilop
2012-11-30, 04:14 PM
Allaince and Horde Compendium pg 33 has the marksman PrC

which the fluff for that is along the same things your dead shot article said.

ki11ua
2012-11-30, 04:25 PM
Thanx for the reply.
I'm familiar with the class.
I was thinking though to build a bow & arrow kind, which feats better in my taste for a troll.

ngilop
2012-11-30, 05:39 PM
Well I was just thining the requirements for it are pretty easy to get into and you can change everything over form guns to bows/crossvbows/thrown ( if you are really going warcraft troll, thrown makes more sense than archery)

normally most Dms do not care about minor details like that. so I was just thinking that it would be easy to refull the class tobe about some other ranged weapon than firearms.