PDA

View Full Version : The Heir of House Kato

Dracarot
2012-11-30, 04:38 PM
I don't think I've ever seen this topic come up on the forum, (at least in it's own independent thread), in any case though...

What are peoples thoughts, predictions, theories, on the impending birth of Kazumi and Daigo's child? Will the birth alone impact the plot, or will the child itself have an impact on the story as well?

ReaderAt2046
2012-11-30, 10:09 PM
I don't see how the child could have an impact on the main story. He/she would have to reach at least 16 years of age before she could take any class levels, so nothing much there.

The existence of the child, however, could have major implications. By cementing House Kato as a force in the politics of the Azure Isles, this child will, coupled with the disgrace of House Kubota (probably not its destruction, since Kubota presumably had an heir of some sort) and several other unnamed houses that fled rather than fought, ensure that the Azure Isle nobilty is very different in tone and possibly power from the Azure City nobility.

NerdyKris
2012-11-30, 11:58 PM
I don't think the child has any major bearing on the plot. He is simply a way of showing both that the refugees from Azure City aren't just sitting around doing nothing, and most importantly, to show the passage of time over the year they were at sea.

As a pregnancy takes 9 and a half months on average (let's not get into a discussion about how it could be anywhere from 1 second to infinity), we get an idea about how long it's been by statements about the fetus, which will be a constant point in time, as opposed to "3 months since we did X" and then "1 week since Y".

He's sort of served his purpose already. I don't think he's going to have any further significant impact from this point on.

Mike Havran
2012-12-01, 08:40 AM
I don't think the remaining Azurites (except for the paladins) will further affect the story in any way. Their plot arc has already been finished.

Winter
2012-12-01, 10:04 AM
I do not think the Azurites have a bigger impact on the story anymore beyond the Paladins who are out for the last gate...

King Bosco III
2012-12-03, 09:59 AM
I think you guys are undercutting the importance of the Final Battle Scene. I'm relatively sure that when - not if, but when - we get down to the final gate, the Order is going to call in all the (wo)manpower Team Good has to stop Xykon, or rather, the Dark One and Redcloak, including any ally seen thus far. I do think it's unlikely the kid will have much to do with the battle, but it might have a life of its own offpanel after the battle similar to how Lupin and Tonks' kid must have.

ManuelSacha
2012-12-20, 10:42 PM
Neither. Yay.

Boogastreehouse
2012-12-21, 01:12 AM
I think that the child's purpose in the story, apart from being a useful to note the passage of time as mentioned above, is to show that even amidst tragedy, death and destruction, life can continue.

If we ever see this child, it will be to show us that the world is now safe for the next generation, thanks to our heroes. Maybe we'll see it at some point to remind us of the stakes should the heroes fail. Ya see this baby? If the heroes fail, this kid is doomed.

That's the only way I can see the child playing a role in the story.

Now Durkon's kid, on the other hand...