PDA

View Full Version : Dungeonvania [OOC]



Pages : 1 [2]

TriumphantHero
2013-05-02, 08:02 PM
Updated map. (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=30650) Depending on how Xander's turn goes, I'll probably either run in to facetank them and set up for a big aoe or go invisible and start smacking them down like I did last fight.

Lexin
2013-05-03, 03:26 AM
Xander would just throw around fire...
Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=30661)

bindin garoth
2013-05-03, 06:59 AM
Well, this is great.

This computer doesn't like pyromancers......

(I, on the other hand, love the name of the site... :smallbiggrin:)

LoneMage210
2013-05-03, 03:54 PM
Melody is deployed and ready for action. (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=30702)

To be fair, I think we may need to find a plan B fast...

Lexin
2013-05-03, 05:35 PM
To be fair, I think we may need to find a plan B fast...

...
...
...
So... do we have plan A already?

NekoIncardine
2013-05-03, 06:06 PM
http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=30710

Not entirely sure about that, honestly!

Duncfoo
2013-05-03, 07:55 PM
Pyromancer won't load on my phone, which I may be restricted too for three days. Burlow should be in the wagon as he would have stayed put.

I will check for WiFi at the hotel. I am traveling.

HandofCrom
2013-05-07, 10:33 AM
I need to stop slacking and get on the ball.

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=30946

EDIT: I have a cunning plan A - kill the baddies. And my plan B is so cunning you can use it to clean grout from tiles - run like hell and abandon everyone with less than 40' movement.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-08, 09:57 AM
I'm the world's biggest ******* for not starting yet...

Though I have just been back from the hospital again (just as part of therapy and such; I'm not almost dead again), and while we thought I'd have been out of my arm cast by at least last week, this upcoming week might be it, actually!


Well, this is great.

This computer doesn't like pyromancers......

(I, on the other hand, love the name of the site... :smallbiggrin:)

Do you have any other way to edit the site, or can you even see it at all? Someone else could make/move your piece for you if you can at least see it.

If not... well darn. That sorta puts a cramp in my style. I thought you used the last one before, actually.


Pyromancer won't load on my phone, which I may be restricted too for three days. Burlow should be in the wagon as he would have stayed put.

I will check for WiFi at the hotel. I am traveling.

Heh. The Wagon just made everyone tumble out, unless you intend to have Burlow stay on it and try to get it to turn around quicker (although that would keep you out of the fight for a bit...).

Seriously though, hope your travels are peaceful and good. If you'd like, and if we can work it out, we could try a description based approach for you, too, while randomly assigning you a starting place.

Duncfoo
2013-05-08, 03:40 PM
Have Burlow tumble out near the back of the group. I'll add a description of him holding on for a few extra moments.

I'll continue to have problems with Pyromancer d/t it being blocked at work.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-08, 06:44 PM
Have Burlow tumble out near the back of the group. I'll add a description of him holding on for a few extra moments.

I'll continue to have problems with Pyromancer d/t it being blocked at work.

Can you at all access it outside of work (preferably from the convenience of your hotel room)? Can you use more than your phone at this point?

I'll still put you right there on the map, updating my post with your, Mark's (since there's only so many places he can be if he's launching a straight line of fire), and the enemy's placements. Baring the forum being destroyed again, we're starting this fight this evening/tomorrow morning.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-09, 07:32 AM
Double Posting because Updates! For Breakfast, Copy-Pasta!

Updated Map! (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=31103)

Everyone is aware of the Bear. Decided to void his check and just have him get ready to kill one of you.

As for the other 6 (who I decided to just have appear on the map, rather than try to figure out who knows of who and show different maps):

Xander, Sendale, Johann: Saw every single enemy on screen.

Mark: Sees all 4 Wolves, but not the Birds.

Burlow: Only aware of the Wolf 20 feet to his right.

Melody: ... I didn't actually get any checks from you, or may have missed them. So as of now, you're only aware of the Hulking Ursa infront of you.

Rina: Not aware of either bird, or the Wolf nearest you (ouch). Aware of the other 3.

So, that might determine who gets to target what. So keep that in mind.

Initiative! It is as follows! (Bolded means enemies, Bracket means anyone listed can go at any time between that group, before moving on to the next group.

{Xander, Sendale, Mark}

{Bird A, Wolf A}

{Johann, Burlow}

{Bird B, Wolf B}

Melody

Wolf C

Rina

{Wolf D, Bear}

.... I can't believe it worked out that well in initiative with the enemies going in order of each other like that. Ah well.

And with that in mind: Xander, Sendale, and Mark are free to begin this.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-10, 04:36 PM
Garoth, Duncfoo? Can you see this?

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/NeophyteExpert/39f0c0c3-6195-4a1e-bb90-f9729e5b0e32_zpsbd4c5148.jpg

If you can, then I think we've found a way to still use Pyromancers while letting you still see!

While we wait a bit for Mark's actions, the TriumphantHero just reminded me of something important:

There will not be item shops in this game, no.

However, you will receive items in between levels, both level ups and in between mission levels, I guarantee. And you will gain your WBL in needed equipment. Your current items can be upgraded to meet your newest desires, and you can receive new stuff, too...

..the only stipulation being that you can describe what they do in character.

So there's a little bit of homework for you: Figure out what, in character, you might desire for your equipment. Just being able to visualize it in your character's head would be enough.

Any questions?

Aww man.... this was a triple post! Someone combo-break my posting!

Duncfoo
2013-05-10, 05:20 PM
Thank you. I tried to use pyromancer from a different wifi connection and just could not move my marker. I rage quit before I broke something else.

Consider me in the back lined up with the purple and black peices. (8 up from the bottom, 5 to the left of the right side)

You could also just take that screen shot and line it up with an excel spreadsheet. Then you'll get X,Z coordinates and can post the map. Just keep your mobs in 2 - 3 groups max when running initiative and let the players go in 2 - 3 groups.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-10, 05:49 PM
Thank you. I tried to use pyromancer from a different wifi connection and just could not move my marker. I rage quit before I broke something else.

Huh. Dunno why that is. I can do it, and I'm doing it on a computer with freaking Windows 8 on it. WINDOWS 8!


Consider me in the back lined up with the purple and black peices. (8 up from the bottom, 5 to the left of the right side)

Um.... That last Black and White Piece with the Blue Border? The one 5 from the right wall, 5 down from the top right wolf? It... kinda is you. I can move it somewhere else if you like, and then re-screen shot the map again...


You could also just take that screen shot and line it up with an excel spreadsheet. Then you'll get X,Z coordinates and can post the map.

First time making the map, I think it actually did give me the option of making it with a coordinate system, actually. I'll try to do that again next time, along with a slightly smaller map...


Just keep your mobs in 2 - 3 groups max when running initiative and let the players go in 2 - 3 groups.

.... Hm .... we'll have to see...

Duncfoo
2013-05-10, 06:27 PM
Yeah use coordinates. Always helpful. If I am placed I am happy. No need to hold it up farther.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-11, 01:55 PM
Yeah use coordinates. Always helpful. If I am placed I am happy. No need to hold it up farther.

I will from now on, even if I have to add them in. Indeed they are. You are placed. And in that vein of thought, since Mark finally got his action in, I'll be updating tonight.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-11, 07:48 PM
Wow. I am just -abusing- double posts this thread.

Anyway, I notice Energy Wall doesn't have a noted height. I find that odd... but I won't make anything off it this time. Might come up later, though.

Anywho, rolling!



[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]


[roll3]

[roll4]

[roll5]


[roll6]

[roll7] +3 (special)

[roll8]


[roll9]

[roll10] +2 (special)


[roll11]

[roll12] +3 (special)

[roll13]

Hm... I'm curious about these rolls, actually.

Edit: One miss. Eh, I've seen worse.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-11, 08:28 PM
TRIPLE POST COMBO! Jesus, I never shut up... Anyways, I updated as promised.

The only real relevant change to the map, Duncfoo, is that the enemies that were below the wall of fire have moved up past it to attack. Notably, the Wolf that was below you is now directly on you. Hence you, you know, being attacked.

So yeah. Burlow needs to roll a Trip Check for me, and he and Johann can go. And Melody gets a free attack of opportunity, because this game's AI is retarded.

Lexin
2013-05-12, 02:51 AM
Could you add something about how injured are our enemies?
Not really amount of hp, but something like 'minor injuries' 'on the brink of death' would help in choosing targets.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-12, 03:48 AM
Could you add something about how injured are our enemies?
Not really amount of hp, but something like 'minor injuries' 'on the brink of death' would help in choosing targets.

It would, wouldn't it? :smalltongue:

Random Sleep is interrupted by need to check internet. Maybe I have a problem...

Does that description work well enough for you?

Completely random note: Lexin, did you know the Tristalt game didn't die? We're actually waiting on you and Qwerty...

Lexin
2013-05-12, 04:27 AM
It would, wouldn't it? :smalltongue:

Random Sleep is interrupted by need to check internet. Maybe I have a problem...

Does that description work well enough for you?

Completely random note: Lexin, did you know the Tristalt game didn't die? We're actually waiting on you and Qwerty...

It's around... 4-5 am for you? Yeah, you might have a problem...

Tristalt... of course I knew that!
Yeah, right...

LoneMage210
2013-05-12, 10:21 PM
Checked in... and once the guys deal with their Close Combat targets, I need to set up Sneak Attack on this Wolf on me.

Duncfoo
2013-05-13, 02:55 PM
Should we have as many people focus on the bear to start? I think Burlow may be able to fight off / heal through the Wolf gnawing on him.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-13, 03:22 PM
Expect an update. Preferably tonight, or mid-day tomorrow at the latest. :smallsmile:

Also, I suppose I could give you more information about your foes, but that might make it too easy, don't you think? What do you guys think? :smallconfused:

They are Cr'ed as such to be at least capable of being beaten and exp being earned, so they're within your fighting level... :smallamused:

I'm not a killer DM.... am I? :smallredface:

Duncfoo
2013-05-13, 04:33 PM
Would you like us to make knowledge checks then?

INoKnowNames
2013-05-13, 05:03 PM
Would you like us to make knowledge checks then?

I approve of Knowledge Checks for things, but unless you have Knowledge Devotion (and thus would gain to your to-hit against certain targets for the right checks), I'm not sure I could tell you too much you haven't already gleaned. Except maybe 1 thing....

INoKnowNames
2013-05-13, 09:31 PM
Hm.... Looking at it, I think I messed initiative up. We were at how I had it listed earlier... then I moved Wolf B up with Wolf A and Bird A, and Bird B down with Wolf C... ah well.

[roll0]

[roll1]

----------

[roll2]

[roll3] +2.

------------

[roll4]

[roll5] + 3

[roll6]

Lets see what we got this time!

Edit: I swear, I'm not picking on anyone in particular here.

I pretty much said all the stuff I would have said, jokes included, in my spoiler IC.

So yeah, Melody's turn since Rina already went (her choice if she wants to keep moving there or not, I suppose), then the last 2 badies, then Xander, Sendale, and Mark go again.

Hm...

LoneMage210
2013-05-14, 07:38 AM
[roll0] Crit Confirmation
[roll1] If it Confirms

INoKnowNames
2013-05-14, 10:07 AM
[roll0] Crit Confirmation
[roll1] If it Confirms

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ye81njR61rsbqsdo1_500.gif

INoKnowNames
2013-05-14, 10:49 AM
Double Post! Let's get -some- of the rolls out of the way.

[roll0]

[roll1]

-----------------

[roll2]

INoKnowNames
2013-05-14, 10:56 AM
Triple Post! And with these, Round 1 will be over!


[roll0]
[roll1] +6
[roll2]
[roll3] +6


Post in coming. More details in IC OOC.

Also, Melody, OOC, you earned the "Grim Reaper" Achievement. Congrats!

NekoIncardine
2013-05-14, 12:57 PM
:smallannoyed: At the dice roller right now.

Okay, THIRD try, melee touch attack. [roll0]

INoKnowNames
2013-05-14, 12:58 PM
:smallannoyed: At the dice roller right now.

Okay, THIRD try, melee touch attack. [roll0]

Even though it's totally not your turn yet, miss-jumps-the-gun? :smallyuk:

For all you know, Mark, Sendale, Johann, and Xander's attacks will turn it into Turkey before you can even go. :smalltongue:

I'm actually very surprised at how fast combat is progressing recently... It's only been a few days between turns, as opposed to the normal month or two.

NekoIncardine
2013-05-14, 12:59 PM
Have my actions happen as appropriate in the turn order of course. I am just trying to make sure I do not flat out miss a turn.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-14, 01:02 PM
Have my actions happen as appropriate in the turn order of course. I am just trying to make sure I do not flat out miss a turn.

I wouldn't ever let that happen. If I remember right, I've given everyone a private message as their turn occurs, to ensure they act in turn. I even count for attacks of opportunity if they've been provoked. I know how it feels when people skip you because they're going too fast or forget. That's why I'm keeping a double-backed-up log of the current battle.

I'm not the best dm, or even a great dm, but I hope I'm doing at least a halfway decent job, given the circumstances...

Still, you've still got a bit before your turn comes up again. Would it be too much trouble for me to ask you to delete that post, and then post it again at least at Johann and Burlow's turn, please? Just because I'm an anal, CDO (put it in order, people! :smallannoyed:), annoying son-of-a-displacer beast. I know it's ultimately harmless; I'm just enough of a freak that it urks me a bit. If Garoth posts sometime today, we'll be continuing again tonight/tomorrow morning-or-midday.

NekoIncardine
2013-05-14, 03:00 PM
Okay, have the post stashed in a text file for when the time comes.

Duncfoo
2013-05-14, 03:27 PM
DM TIP: Let PbP players post actions early or with conditionals. Encourage it in fact. The death of pbp is not too much involvement, it's too little.

You may also want to start practicing breaking your enemy groups into two sets on purpose. Average initiative between each one. This allows players to not get ganked with every monster on 1 turn of gang up, some players to use initiative feats and still move the game along. (although Ruby's Group Initiative is a great rule as well).

/DmTip

INoKnowNames
2013-05-14, 04:46 PM
Okay, have the post stashed in a text file for when the time comes.

Thank you. I'm sorry I'm so anal....


DM TIP: Let PbP players post actions early or with conditionals. Encourage it in fact. The death of pbp is not too much involvement, it's too little.

Thinking now, I'm okay with it; I'd just prefer it at least in the OOC. Though it gets awkward when faster players start outpacing the slower players, and I'd sooner not discipline someone just because of a day job by depriving them of activity...


You may also want to start practicing breaking your enemy groups into two sets on purpose.

This I understand a bit. The next two encounters I have planned will be capable of being run in groups, actually.


Average initiative between each one.

This I don't quite understand. You mean posting rate? Or initiative? Because while the second is easier to count, the former seems like it fluxuates even more so, and it's harder to balance the fast vs. the slow...


This allows players to not get ganked with every monster on 1 turn of gang up, some players to use initiative feats and still move the game along.

Hopefully being prodded enough will keep the latter 2 working fine, and I won't be evil enough as a Dm to do the former, even if I've been honorably rolling every roll in front of you guys so far.


(although Ruby's Group Initiative is a great rule as well).

I don't know what that is.... ^_^;


/DmTip

Thanks for the tips! How am I doing so far, if you don't mind me asking?

bindin garoth
2013-05-15, 02:16 PM
Grapple: [roll0]

Edit: Yeeesssssshhh!!!! Made it!

INoKnowNames
2013-05-15, 02:17 PM
Grapple: [roll0]

Yay! You made it back! I was worried we were gonna have to pass your turn for a bit....

Sorry for brow-beating you, dude. Like I said, I understand you being busy, and I was gonna make sure you got your turn in, swearzies. Just was hoping to not keep everyone else waiting for too long.


Edit: Yeeesssssshhh!!!! Made it!

And yeah, you just barely avoided taking 20 more damage, as well as forcing me to figure out the grapple rules more. :smalltongue:

I don't think I'll do a Bear next time... Grappling's so weird....

Lexin
2013-05-15, 02:32 PM
I don't think I'll do a Bear next time... Grappling's so weird....

Good. Use Ninja assassins. I can just randomly throw fireballs and get a lot of them anyway, cause they are everywhere!

Or minotaurs! We could have a BBQ party afterwards and make some burgers...

Or sharks! They are tasty and it would be easy to kill them, unless you give them legs/wings and ability to breath wile on land...

... and, of course, you could just sent some anthropomorfic ninja assassin sharks, riding minotaurs...

INoKnowNames
2013-05-15, 02:33 PM
Believe it or not, Lexin, you actually guessed one of my future plans almost to the letter. :smallsmile:

:smallamused:

Lexin
2013-05-15, 02:34 PM
Believe it or not, Lexin, you actually guessed one of my future plans almost to the letter. :smallsmile:

:smallamused:

Anthropomorphic sharks! I knew it!

No, it can't be ninjas...

INoKnowNames
2013-05-15, 03:18 PM
Anthropomorphic sharks! I knew it!

No, it can't be ninjas...

We'll see what the cards have in store for you soon enough.

Busyish for the next few hours. Update scheduled at 10 PM tonight.

Lexin
2013-05-15, 03:32 PM
We'll see what the cards have in store for you soon enough.

Busyish for the next few hours. Update scheduled at 10 PM tonight.

Then you are half an hour late!
Oh wait... you mean your time zone... aww.

And here I thought you would use time travel or something...

INoKnowNames
2013-05-15, 09:18 PM
Then you are half an hour late!
Oh wait... you mean your time zone... aww.

And here I thought you would use time travel or something...

Unfortunately, I'm a Half-Warforged Human Jade Phoenix Mage. I can't abuse the Save Game trick, at least as is.

Little late to the party still, as you called it. But working on that update right now.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-15, 09:43 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

------------

[roll3]

[roll4]

--------------

[roll5]

[roll6] + 3

----------------

[roll7]

[roll8] + 2



Edit: Oh ****.

Edit Edit: Heh... this is hilarious in retrospect.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-15, 09:59 PM
[roll0]

[roll1] +3

--------------

[roll2]

[roll3]

Edit: BY THE SKIN OF YOUR TEETH, DWARF-MAN. I was worried for a second.

You are entirely justified in "Not signing up for this ****."

Edit Edit: Wait... Hey, there -is- a reason I made notes!

Edit Edit Edit: Apparently, I made all that hoopla over nothing! :smallredface:

Since I was such a silly goose, I'll just keep typing here. Yeah, I was scared as heck, given Crit Multipliers, that Burlow was about to die. Then I realized; the thing's Blind, so he's got a 50% miss chance. And it ended up eating dirt.

So yeah; I over-reacted worse than the last time someone told me I should go back to Africa. :smallredface:

That aside, Rina might not want to waste her resources on a bird that's pratically a back-hand away from dying. One shot in the head with even a basic arrow would drop it at this point...

But whatever, you guy's job to kill these things, not mine. Burlow and Johann, it's your turns.

.... If you guys are cool with it, in the interest of time, Melody and Rina could take their turns as well now, I guess, thinking about it. Though I feel like having the Bear, the Nearly-Dead-Bird (assuming it doesn't get dropped in like 2 seconds), and the Burning Wolves (good name for a group) all going at once seems like a not good thing.

Ya'll's choice.

For the vision impaired:

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/NeophyteExpert/57ca2a52-beca-4f13-b444-ca2196027538_zps503b3273.jpg

HandofCrom
2013-05-16, 12:37 AM
What would be really clever of me would be to post the new map, wouldn't it?

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=31811

NekoIncardine
2013-05-16, 03:39 PM
That aside, Rina might not want to waste her resources on a bird that's pratically a back-hand away from dying. One shot in the head with even a basic arrow would drop it at this point...

Her real purpose for doing so would have been to heal some, that being what HET does, but I can chance plans...

INoKnowNames
2013-05-16, 04:02 PM
Her real purpose for doing so would have been to heal some, that being what HET does, but I can chance plans...

Indeed. However, if the target you want to transfer to can't hold all the damage you transfer to it, is the rest of it just wasted on it's corpse, or do you keep the excess? Wouldn't it be better to transfer damage to a receptical that can actually hold more of it? (Or is that not how that works and you can totally transfer all of it whether the target lives or dies?)

Besides (spoiler alert):

It's totally already dead now anyway.

NekoIncardine
2013-05-17, 01:13 AM
HET doesn't specify that, but it's safe to assume it does not have such a limit (just like other spells do not). It does however specify it has no type, so it ignores resistances and damage reduction.

*Still awaits turn*

INoKnowNames
2013-05-17, 02:07 PM
HET doesn't specify that, but it's safe to assume it does not have such a limit (just like other spells do not). It does however specify it has no type, so it ignores resistances and damage reduction.

Actually, I do have a spell for presedence in this matter: Vampiric Touch (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/vampiricTouch.htm).


You must succeed on a melee touch attack. Your touch deals 1d6 points of damage per two caster levels (maximum 10d6). You gain temporary hit points equal to the damage you deal. However, you can’t gain more than the subject’s current hit points +10, which is enough to kill the subject. The temporary hit points disappear 1 hour later.

Emphasis on the line that lead to this line of thought. Not that I'm not willing to allow you to channel all your pain into a target, even if a few points is enough to make it blow up like a fire-cracker. Just curious about how that seems like it would work. I know we live in a world where little rat/dog things are feared for their ability to become Gods, the "majestic elves" take their first level of Wizard in time for a Human to have already been Epic and gained Immortality, and it's possible to create a realm of existance made out of candy, but I occasionally do come at certain thoughts from a logical point of view. Though I wouldn't dare keep someone from doing something they want in game because of it (so long as said something was reasonable).


*Still awaits turn*

I feel like dirt for making people wait.... I wonder what some of the rules / suggestions are for initiative to help make things go by easier and better...

Projected Update: 53 minutes and counting.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-17, 03:41 PM
Wow, I am such a liar... Apparently add an hour to any time I plan on doing something... better off with general estimates, rather than pin-point planning...

[roll0]

[roll1] +3

[roll2]

Next post coming up. Rina and Melody's turns are now available.

Anyone have any alternate ideas considering not making initiative useless and not giving slower posters a disadvantage, while still helping things for those of us who post faster? I'd love to hear some additional suggestions.

NekoIncardine
2013-05-19, 11:45 AM
Wow, I am such a liar... Apparently add an hour to any time I plan on doing something... better off with general estimates, rather than pin-point planning...

[roll0]

[roll1] +3

[roll2]

Next post coming up. Rina and Melody's turns are now available.

Anyone have any alternate ideas considering not making initiative useless and not giving slower posters a disadvantage, while still helping things for those of us who post faster? I'd love to hear some additional suggestions.

My advice there would be to either:
1) Have everyone post their turns together, and then resolve them per the normal initiative order, asking for revisions if circumstances change enough to negate someone's action.
2) Handle everyone's posts for a round in order of posting, assuming they delay action appropriately. To make sure you don't end up with turnclumps, have some monsters delay as well. (The delay is only in mechanical terms, not in-universe.)

INoKnowNames
2013-05-19, 07:40 PM
[roll0]

--------------------------

[roll1]

[roll2] +3

[roll3]

-------------------------

[roll4]

If 1:

[roll5]

[roll6] +6


[roll7]

[roll8] +6


[roll9]

[roll10] +6

If 2 or 3:

[roll11]

[roll12] +6

Edit: Damn it.... damn it, damn it, damn it.... I'm sorry....

INoKnowNames
2013-05-19, 08:48 PM
A moment of silence, for the littlest pyromancer.

Taken before his time, by the full attack of a boss encounter. We hardly knew ye, Mark Walker. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaBaCr0Vd-0) May he rest in peace. The mighty power of the Dragon will be missed.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

LoneMage210
2013-05-19, 09:23 PM
Amen...

A bit of a suggestion this round: Try to set up a chance for Melody to Sneak Attack if you can, going to try to SA the Bear later on.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-20, 12:17 PM
A bit of a suggestion this round: Try to set up a chance for Melody to Sneak Attack if you can, going to try to SA the Bear later on.

Was that for me to do? Or for the rest of the party?

I'm actually somewhat surprised how few people seem to be speaking to each other, IC or OOC.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

Edit: http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1359668856_tumblr_mdve663jg01ro2vj6o1_500.gif

INoKnowNames
2013-05-20, 12:30 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2] +3

[roll3]

Edit: Dang, the dice roller -loves- you guys today... why couldn't it have loved Garoth yesterday?

Lexin
2013-05-20, 03:11 PM
Also, if you don't mind, I will use the move action.

Gain psionic focus (DC 20) [roll0]

As for flanking or something else, I am afraid that Xander is not the best man to do that...
But if nobody else does, he could charge at the bear at the beginning of next round, so you could flank if you Tumble to the other side.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-20, 03:20 PM
Also, if you don't mind, I will use the move action.

Gain psionic focus (DC 20) [roll0]

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/395/200/ba4.jpg


As for flanking or something else, I am afraid that Xander is not the best man to do that...
But if nobody else does, he could charge at the bear at the beginning of next round, so you could flank if you Tumble to the other side.

..... there's pistol whipping someone, and then there's trying to trip them with the Large Hadron Collider.

LoneMage210
2013-05-20, 05:46 PM
Was that for me to do? Or for the rest of the party?

Sorry, poor comms error on my part, was trying to mess around a bit, but eh, let's keep this going...

As for me not talking much, be fair, Melody's not exactly big on the trash

Duncfoo
2013-05-20, 06:22 PM
Combat slows down talking as it is focused on mechanics. And I don't know how we can perform tactically yet since its the first fight.

Sorry to see Mark eviscerated though. Bears are tough.

LoneMage210
2013-05-20, 10:45 PM
Yes...

Anyhow, I'll get rid of the Wolf now, and will deal with the Bear later...

Now that I think about it, I hope I can aim for another Brutal Crit...

bindin garoth
2013-05-21, 02:54 AM
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

An appropriate quote for sure! I'll have a new character sheet for you soon.

Lexin
2013-05-21, 02:57 AM
An appropriate quote for sure! I'll have a new character sheet for you soon.

Can we find him in a treasure chest? Can we? :smalltongue:


...it could even be a mimic...

bindin garoth
2013-05-21, 04:45 AM
Can we find him in a treasure chest? Can we? :smalltongue:


...it could even be a mimic...

Nah, my next character should descend from the heavens, and shall be named Chuck Norris.:smalltongue:

Then again, that'd probably derail the whole campaign, becoming an entire adventure figuring out why Chuck Norris is in a D&d game. and why he isnt a god yet. :smallbiggrin:

NekoIncardine
2013-05-21, 05:40 PM
Poor Mark. :(

I look forward to the next character to join the group in time, at least.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-23, 02:07 AM
Sorry for the lack of postage yesterday. Stand by for an update tonight.

Lexin
2013-05-23, 05:44 AM
Sorry for the lack of postage yesterday. Stand by for an update tonight.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lLha0kGR5uU/UOh0nrsoaEI/AAAAAAAAAgI/e8o-u01jhB0/s1600/emperor+Grumpy.jpg

INoKnowNames
2013-05-24, 01:39 PM
Welp, I'm the biggest liar in the world...

**** got a bit more complicated than I was expecting... and by the time I was finished, I honestly forgot everything except for the fact that I was still conscious, and needed to fix that.

Post coming soon, and today. Just need to recover some notes that went missing the last time this thing powered down on me....

Also, gosh darn it, I just realized, because of the power down, I didn't actually update the map when I promised I would, even though I got the post in with the updated picture... sorry about that, guys...

Here's the latest map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=32476) (updated with Johann and Burlow's moves; Johann, you may want to reconsider the direction you choose to move...)

[roll0]

[roll1] +3

[roll2]

HandofCrom
2013-05-24, 02:01 PM
<derp>West is right and east is left, correct?</derp> I meant to say move him NE away from the bear. While holding me to my mistake would be funny, I would also enjoy not charging my ranged guy into mêlée (nice autocorrect phone).

EDIT: Added tags to clarify when I'm being silly.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-24, 02:12 PM
West is right and east is left, correct? I meant to say move him NE away from the bear. While holding me to my mistake would be funny, I would also enjoy not charging my ranged guy into mêlée (nice autocorrect phone).

Unless I've been made recently confused, East is the right. Left is the West. So to speak. I had a feeling the Archer didn't want to engage an enemy twice his size and strength to a battle of fisticuffs. Move noted. Post in 5 minutes, so help me may I get natural 1s for my next 20 rolls.

To help ensure I'm not lying to anyone about posting in just a bit, here's the new, updated map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=32478). Melody, it looks like you just took 10 damage. Mark 3 of that damage to be separate from your normal hit points, please. I also need a strength check against the Wolf's trip attempt of 18. Factoring that in, it's about to be your and Rina's turns.

Edit: I just realized something. With only 1 other enemy left (and given Rina and Melody's track records, it shouldn't last too long), it'll pretty much be everyone posting in between Bear attacks. 's 'bout to go down Gangnam Style!

LoneMage210
2013-05-24, 04:34 PM
Alright, here comes the power of the Mauling Gauntlets (it may be awhile until she can Bind stuff but until then...)

[roll0] Opposed Trip + Mauling Gauntlets

Then add 4 for a lovely 27 and... heh

INoKnowNames
2013-05-27, 08:05 PM
Alright, here comes the power of the Mauling Gauntlets (it may be awhile until she can Bind stuff but until then...)

[roll0] Opposed Trip + Mauling Gauntlets

Then add 4 for a lovely 27 and... heh

Wow. That's a heck of a lot higher than you needed. :smalltongue:

Sorry it's been so long since I updated. I'm getting ready now. In between being busy in real life, I had to look up the rules on invisiblity, actually. ^_^;

[roll0]

Edit: Nice.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-27, 08:20 PM
Hey, I didn't see that I needed to roll a reflex save...

[roll0]

Edit: And once again, the dice are being nice.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-28, 08:29 PM
Lets see...

[roll0]

I don't actually get to roll the other one... Damn, Xander.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-28, 08:48 PM
I would like to remind everyone: It is officially Gangnam Time.

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/psy-gangnam-style-1.gif

With one enemy left, the initiative brackets are dissolved. After Rina and Melody post for Round 4, you wait on no one but yourself for your action (including Rina and Melody).

I get the feeling there won't be a round 6. Heck, there might not even be a Round 5 with these two...

Lexin
2013-05-29, 11:36 AM
I don't actually get to roll the other one... Damn, Xander.

Me be awesome!

Or at least my character is...

LoneMage210
2013-05-29, 11:11 PM
... wow... I dunno if I hit the Bear but if I did, Melody really makes a bloody mess of things does she?

INoKnowNames
2013-06-01, 05:20 PM
Hm... how many times have we moved this week? I was hoping I was doing somewhat well... I think twice, with this being the 3rd. Am I keeping up fast enough for your enjoyment? I hope I am...

[roll0]

[roll1]+6

[roll2]

[roll3]+6

TriumphantHero
2013-06-01, 06:52 PM
So lucky it got a horrible roll the same time I did for my wall of blades, that thing hits like a truck full of broken glass. The inspire bonus definitely helps too.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-01, 06:57 PM
So lucky it got a horrible roll the same time I did for my wall of blades, that thing hits like a truck full of broken glass. The inspire bonus definitely helps too.

I'll be entirely honest in that it's probably about 1.3x stronger than I expected it to be, and while it'll be good for later as a mook enemy, it probably shouldn't have been quite this strong for your first fight (especially since it just killed a PC).

It's hard to get CR down perfectly against a semi-optimized gestalt party...

On the other hand, you guys are going to level up after it dies this round (spoiler alert).

Well, technically, you'd be 24 points from a level up, but you stuck by me this long, we'll just round that up.

LoneMage210
2013-06-01, 09:28 PM
Critical Confirmation: [roll0]
Critical Hit Explosion: [roll1]
Sneak Attack Reroll: [roll2]

... eh, I stumble upon this one anyways

INoKnowNames
2013-06-01, 09:43 PM
Critical Confirmation: [roll0]
Critical Hit Explosion: [roll1]
Sneak Attack Reroll: [roll2]

... eh, I stumble upon this one anyways

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Genie-Point-and-Jaw-Drop-Alladin.gif

---------------------------------------------------------

Battle Mode has Officially Concluded! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaRVLw8sves)

Roleplaying mode shall resume... tomorrow. IC shall also receive an actual update tomorrow.

Additionally, as spoilered slightly earlier, between roleplaying, your first "encounter", and this encounter, you all have actually received enough exp to reach Level 6. You may now level up.

LoneMage210
2013-06-01, 10:57 PM
Melody's Level 6 HP [roll0]

In the meantime, I'll start to configure Melds... and welp, that should be fun, the explody Scythe...

INoKnowNames
2013-06-02, 02:56 AM
Melody's Level 6 HP [roll0]

In the meantime, I'll start to configure Melds... and welp, that should be fun, the explody Scythe...

That Scythe does not need to explode!!!11!1!

One serious note: You don't roll for hp. All Hit Dice are Maximized in this game.

Lexin
2013-06-02, 04:05 AM
Level up?

Yes! Give me more power!!

INoKnowNames
2013-06-02, 02:21 PM
Level up?

Yes! Give me more power!!

..... Oh look, Xander just got randomly hit by a negative energy burst and took 1d9000 negative levels, because the idea of Lexin with more power is ****ing terrifying.

He'd probably make an even worse undead, though... screwed if you do, screwed if you don't. :smalleek:

With that, we've updated IC. I'll be sending out private messages reminding of the level up and update to anyone who hasn't started their sheet leveling.

Also, again, have an idea of what items you guys might like your characters to have (that fits the WBL you'd receive for 6th level characters), and expect upgrades to come soon.

LoneMage210
2013-06-02, 08:12 PM
mmm, at this point, Melody may need either a better Scythe of sorts, or maybe an item of Dexterity +2

In the meantime, I'll start binding and moving Melds around a bit.

NekoIncardine
2013-06-02, 09:49 PM
Due to being an actor at a Renaissance Faire, I can't work on level 6 just yet, but a quick reminder - Thrallherd prestige class is OK'd, IIRC? (I've got some fluff plans in mind I'd like to PM with you about).

INoKnowNames
2013-06-02, 10:30 PM
Due to being an actor at a Renaissance Faire, I can't work on level 6 just yet, but a quick reminder - Thrallherd prestige class is OK'd, IIRC? (I've got some fluff plans in mind I'd like to PM with you about).

.... :eek:

I'll be entirely honest; I probably don't remember actually checking Thrallherd way back when, and thus inadvertently okaying a Psionic Leadership...

...so now I'm in a bit of a bind: On one hand, I'm not entirely keen on Leadership or it's Variants (baring single recruit things like Wild Cohort).

On the other hand, even in school related ignorance, I gave this my okay roughly 7 months ago, so I've no excuse for not checking on it since then, especially since you've given signs of what you've wanted to do all along that should have been little red flags.

..... :sigh:

So then. Despite being true neutral / randomly aligned, I am a gamer of honor and a man of my word, if nothing else. So, yes, admittedly begrudgingly, Thrallherd has my approval.

I suppose I don't have to worry about the CR being too high anymore, at least. :amused:

Ahem. In any case, I'd love to hear about your fluff plans.

Lexin
2013-06-03, 01:32 AM
You approved Thrallherd?
...
...
Anyone taking Planar Shepherd then?
...
...


Anyway, do we somehow exchange items for new WBL, or do we get to use up the difference? (4000 gp)

INoKnowNames
2013-06-03, 02:28 AM
You approved Thrallherd?
...
...
Anyone taking Planar Shepherd then?
...
...

I know, I know. Had I done my homework as opposed to school work, I would have banned it long ago. But my hands are a bit more tied now, as mentioned before. If I could at all convince her to spare me of it, I would, but I assume from the subtle hints that it's something she's wanted and an integral part of the build, so to outright say no now after not saying no for 7 months is a move I'd personally be upset with a Dm for, so I can't in good conscience make that move myself.


Anyway, do we somehow exchange items for new WBL, or do we get to use up the difference? (4000 gp)

I was intending for you to use up the difference unless you wanted to give up something you no longer needed. It'll make more sense in character later.

Lexin
2013-06-03, 02:59 AM
... power link quori embedded shard (3000 gp) for me.
1000 gp will be used next time probably...

INoKnowNames
2013-06-03, 03:13 AM
... power link quori embedded shard (3000 gp) for me.
1000 gp will be used next time probably...

The more I think about what I intend to do to make up for the fact that you'll be primarally in a gigantic dungeon* or visiting the significantly smaller village it is located under, the more it makes sense in my head:

Everyone, on your sheets, do me the courtesy of noting your currently used WBL and Max WBL, please. Marking what items cost what would also be appreciated, but isn't required. GP will be a slightly meta-gamey concept now, but you will still receive all the items and such you need/want for your characters per level.

------------------------------------------------------

Neko, I got your message. I think I'll need to talk with BelGareth for a bit, and I'll have to do that later today. One response I have for you now: again, while if I had caught it, I would have probably squashed it in recruitment since except for entirely fluff based reasons I'm pretty much square against Leadership and similar for game balance, I -did- technically okay it, and left it okayed from November until June, leaving you with absolutely no hints on my part that I've a problem with it. It'd be a jerk move to ban it from you now, even if I'm hoping no one's going to take Leadership now for more characters and an army.

So again, it's your call if you want to keep it and it's a central part of your build that can't at all be replaced (and from that pm, that's certainly what it sounds like). I don't think I've actually the right to stop you. Again, I think I'll need to talk to Mr Gareth on your message and the class, and I'll try to get back to you soon.

---------------------------------------

One last thing before I go back to sleep after inexplicably waking up at 2 Am: Crom and Neko (and TriumphantHero if Sendale joins Rina in checking Mark), you're entitled to free checks: any 1 of Spellcraft, K-Arcana, or K-Religion.

Lexin
2013-06-03, 11:18 AM
If you want to keep Thrallherd, but you think it is too unbalanced, you could weaken it a little...

Like: thralls and followers are not gestalt.
You still get negative mods to leadership score for killing your followers/thralls. (so no wiping out villages just by ordering them to commit suicide)

By the way: Two prestige classes on the same level, too much or ok?

INoKnowNames
2013-06-03, 12:55 PM
If you want to keep Thrallherd, but you think it is too unbalanced, you could weaken it a little...

Like: thralls and followers are not gestalt.
You still get negative mods to leadership score for killing your followers/thralls. (so no wiping out villages just by ordering them to commit suicide)

By the way: Two prestige classes on the same level, too much or ok?

Lexin, you get an internet cookie. Not for the Thrallherd suggestions, which I was already considering among other ways to prevent abuse, but for helping me figure out my final stance against Dual Prestige Classes for the house-rules I intend to use in future games:

If one wishes to take a Dual Prestige Class, they must follow the following rules:

1)The Class Feature Requirements of the Dual Prestige Class must be fully met by the side of the 'stalt that the Prestige Class would be taken upon (ie, Cleric / Mystic Theurge // Wizard is not approvable, but Cleric / Wizard / Mystic Theurge // Swordsage is.

2)They are not allowed to take a prestige class at all of any kind on the other side of the 'stalt at any time, though they may dip or otherwise multiclass.

But that's irrelevant. What is relevant to you is that I do allow taking 2 prestige classes at the same time, so long as the class features and such for each prestige class are only advanced and completely qualified for along that part of the 'stalt.

I suppose it's only fair I be a little flexible, since I enjoy flexibility. I'm trying to be as good a Dm as I would hope for for my games, which makes the Leadership thing a bit hard. Part of my gut reflex is to still be against it, but my professional position and gaming honor are tearing into my gut right now... I actually hope to be able to take it for Althia, but only at level 18, and only for her fluff, since establishing her own church and teaching, sheltering, and healing all who would want or need it is one of her dreams. How much of a hypocrite am I if I consider that same kind of ability for my game, yet disallow it in another entirely, let alone completely without warning?

At the same time, I'm still mulling over how to properly pull off the army of peoples given the relatively limited (and completely unforgiving to death) setting, there's definitely no need to slow down combat any more than it already is, and Castlevania doesn't seem entirely suited to more people...

Edit: Neko, you and I need to talk a bit later about in game implimentation between balance and fluff, but, as mentioned before, I'm confirming that you do have my approval for Thrallherd.

Duncfoo
2013-06-03, 02:03 PM
Sorry guys, rough... week. I'm now on the job hunt again.

I'm not going to do anything super complex with Burlow for a bit. I'm considering going Bard 6 (or 7)/ War Weaver // Favored Soul (Forever)

I can't find anything that really fits Burlow. I'm not really a numbers gamer, just like to run a fun character. Heal // Buff is easy to run. =)

If I use the War Weaver prestige class, can I do profession (Writing) instead? It's still wasted skill points but fits Burlow better.

Or if anyone has suggestions for me please let me know.

Lexin
2013-06-03, 02:13 PM
Two Prc at the same time allowed? Great.

I will keep Anarchic Initiate and go Pyrokineticist on the other side from next level then.

NekoIncardine
2013-06-03, 06:14 PM
Good way to do two PrCs at once. I like.

EDIT: As a note - my general goal, besides plot elements, is to have the class serve utility for plot and party. More work on the details will come over time, presumably, especially as I chat with the DM.

LoneMage210
2013-06-03, 09:52 PM
Best goal I can get is to try to have fun with the Soulmeld system... no real Meld focus at the moment...

NekoIncardine
2013-06-04, 03:19 PM
Level 6 is oddly easy for me.

I have feat allocation, skill allocation, and plotting out the Thrallherd details with the DM.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-04, 07:37 PM
I'm going to go ahead and apologize to you guys:

I'm somewhat swamped this week... If I can get an update out early, I will. But I'm not expecting much before Sunday, if at all.

Additionally (and I better tell this to all my games), I'll be out of town from the 23rd to the 30th of this month. I can't promise updates at all at that time, since I might not have internet access. If I do, that week will be even busier than any other in the summer (at least as far as I know now).

I better go ahead and warn you about this kinda stuff now, rather than let you think I'm abandoning you again.

And Duncfoo, yeah, I'm not much of a fan of that part of that prestige class either. I'll still make you spend the skill points out of balance, but it can actually fit your character, yes. Profession (Writing) is fine. Sorry you're on the job-hunt; I can sympathise, since I still can't go back to work just yet...

One last piece of Bad News: BindingGaroth decided he won't be joining us again with a new character. He seems to have been swamped by business, unfortunately. He will be missed.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-07, 11:18 PM
Sorry I kept you guys waiting for so long. I think I should have what's gonna go up next about figured out, at least for a little while. If there's anything you've still to ask me, please let me know so I can get on it.

Hopefully, I can keep you guys entertained for 2 weeks, then I'll probably be out of internet entirely for the next 8 days, back again in July. I wonder if maybe I can set something up with Gareth so that he can watch you guys for those days until I return...

Duncfoo
2013-06-10, 01:41 AM
Burlow updated.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-11, 05:02 PM
Burlow updated.

Indeed. If Xander and Rina don't have a response to anything yet tonight, this game will also be updated.

*fixed for accuracy. Working on that update*

HandofCrom
2013-06-13, 10:48 PM
I don't have geography, can I use knowledge: nature or survival to figure out how much farther it is?

NekoIncardine
2013-06-14, 10:39 AM
Rina's Bardic Knack plus Jack of All Trades gives her an effective 3 ranks in Knowledge (Geography). Lessee if that helps any?

[roll0]

INoKnowNames
2013-06-17, 03:54 PM
I freaking owe you guys an update, don't I? I've been trying to figure out a couple of things for the game while looking at other projects I've neglected. Updating by tomorrow, I swear. Updating tonight looks hopeful, actually, but definitely by tomorrow.

Edit: And yes, HandofCrom, you could use either of those, if you'd like. You could probably help navigate with them too, actually.

HandofCrom
2013-06-17, 09:01 PM
Survival check: [roll0]

EDIT: What an interesting time for a 20.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-18, 05:17 PM
Survival check: [roll0]

EDIT: What an interesting time for a 20.

I was expecting Johann to have responded by now, given his check result, but oh well...

HandofCrom
2013-06-19, 11:39 AM
Can we make it, or are we going to need shelter? I'll look for a good spot to hunker down if we need it.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-19, 11:53 AM
Can we make it, or are we going to need shelter? I'll look for a good spot to hunker down if we need it.

It is still mid day, actually. You guys left in the morning. Shelter isn't an issue, though you could choose to burn the remaining half of the day if you so wanted...

Though you -do- have your Carriage back to travel on.... and the path that was obstructed was cleared just before the encounter began by your fallen friend, so...

NekoIncardine
2013-06-21, 09:39 PM
Time to advance the plot? :3

INoKnowNames
2013-06-22, 01:33 PM
Time to advance the plot? :3

Unfortunately, tonight might be my last night in my current home for a week, which stinks... and the upcoming week, even if I -do- get internet, will be a busy one....

If all goes as planned, you'll probably hear 2 words you've been dying (or dreading) to hear again... but it'll take a bit of doin', first.

I should have figured the next steps out a bit earlier than this morning... >.<

At least there's a full plan again, though!

Edit: Darn, I was hoping BelGareth would have had a chance to get back to me by now... ah well.

Brief question for you guys: For combat maps, did we agree that we prefer a coordinate system visible as well?

NekoIncardine
2013-06-23, 01:49 AM
I do not recall us actively discussing it, but visible coordinates make things easier.

Duncfoo
2013-06-24, 05:05 PM
I would advise that you always include some coordinates. People who use it will, and people who don't will post "move left 4 squares" anyways.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-26, 08:10 AM
I would advise that you always include some coordinates. People who use it will, and people who don't will post "move left 4 squares" anyways.

Fair enough advice. I went with it.

Busy as heck week is busy; I've practically got no time to update any game I'm in right now, so I've gotta make this brief.

Like I thought I said before, I wasn't actually going to hit you with a second encounter so soon after the first, at least before... but it seemed like you guys might still be ready / want one, so I decided to oblige you.

I finally found a location that offers internet at least for a brief breath in time, and while I couldn't get a hold of BelGareth to have him arbitrate for me while I'm gone, I suppose it can do for a bit.

Hopefully that post (and this one) made sense.

Lexin
2013-06-26, 09:28 AM
Intimidate! [roll0]

...
...
...

Oh, you mean the other favorite check!
Initiative [roll1]

(and just for fun)
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

INoKnowNames
2013-06-26, 09:30 AM
Intimidate! [roll0]

You scared the heck out of a tree. You scared it so badly, it dropped apples.



Oh, you mean the other favorite check!
Initiative [roll1]

Noted.


(and just for fun)
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

I see what you did there. Also noted.

LoneMage210
2013-06-26, 12:45 PM
[roll0] Initiative
[roll1] Spot
[roll2] Listen

Here we go...

NekoIncardine
2013-06-26, 12:50 PM
INITIATIVE: [roll0]
SPOT: [roll1]
LISTEN: [roll2]

Rina is Cautious, of course...

Lexin
2013-06-26, 12:54 PM
You scared the heck out of a tree. You scared it so badly, it dropped apples.


Yay! Apples!
...wait...
I mean BURN apples!


I see what you did there. Also noted.

No, no. You got that wrong. These rolls are there so I can see what you did there! Not the other way around...

TriumphantHero
2013-06-26, 01:54 PM
[roll0] Initiative
[roll1] Spot
[roll2] Listen

Side note, that crazy initiative mod was completely unintentional, improved init was just a prereq for a PrC I want to take. Also, I'm assuming we do not have our shiny new WBL items yet, if we do, let me know.

HandofCrom
2013-06-26, 05:01 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]

INoKnowNames
2013-06-27, 10:28 PM
Initiative Rolls

Dang it, Lexin! Look at what you did; you spooked the rest of the herd, and now they're all pre-emptively rolling initiative! Not a single knowledge check to be found, either! And it's all your fault!


Yay! Apples!
...wait...
I mean BURN apples!

Baked Apples sounds like it might taste good somehow... maybe even Apple Pie....


No, no. You got that wrong. These rolls are there so I can see what you did there! Not the other way around...

But I did nothing there. You did it there!


Also, I'm assuming we do not have our shiny new WBL items yet, if we do, let me know.

Yes, because all your upgrades were inside the intestines of the bear you just killed, and you forgot to get your upgraded whip from it. :smalltongue:

I was going to have you guys in town so you can heal a bit and get upgrades before moving you onto another encounter, but you guys seemed so eager for another fight, and you even already rolled initiative; it's too late to stop the train now!

Once I get Burlow's initiative, we'll get to the set up for fightin'!

Edit: And since it has been a few days, I think I'll give him a PM; see what he's been up to. I know it's been hard on him as well, recently.

Double Edit: Afk for a few days. I see.

Duncfoo
2013-07-02, 05:47 PM
Sorry, out of town and had no internet for a few days.

Knowledge: Arch & Eng [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]
Spot: [roll3]

INoKnowNames
2013-07-02, 08:11 PM
Sorry, out of town and had no internet for a few days.

I figured as much. It's fine. We'd have not advanced at all if I hadn't stolen some internet myself...

Expect combat to begin either tomorrow or Thursday.

Also, guys, I have a bit of a question: I know I was hoping not to allow PCs to use Homebrew, if only because this is the first game I've ever DMed before, so this might be a bit unfair to ask.

However, there's a few things I'd like to do with some enemies that I'm not entirely sure of how to do with just basic material, and I'm kinda interested in making it work, even if I have to make stuff up to do it.... would any of you be too particularly pissed off at me if I did?

TriumphantHero
2013-07-02, 09:23 PM
As a rule, I don't really have problems with working around the rules to make an encounter more interesting and memorable, as long as it's still balanced.

Duncfoo
2013-07-03, 07:10 PM
Again, I would advise it. Some of us may have read the monster manual(s) a few times... just because we like the pictures :smallwink:

INoKnowNames
2013-07-04, 10:16 PM
No one else seems to object... so I think I'll go as is, then!

Sorry for an -almost- late response. Would you believe I entirely forgot it was the 4th of July... Yesterday was the worst day ever, and today was the Holiday.

Still, I've got 45 minutes to get this done.

I'll modify this post in a bit to note who gets bonuses to the check, but I'd also like a Reflex Save from each of you.

Edit: Well, not bonuses to the check, but a penalty, actually. Though only one player gets it: despite being Cautious, Rina isn't as aware as the rest of her team is, auditorally (sc) or visually. She takes a -5 to her check.

TriumphantHero
2013-07-05, 12:23 AM
[roll0] No evasion, sadly, so not even that nat 20 can save me from all the damage, probably.

Lexin
2013-07-05, 01:57 AM
Can I burn something instead? No? Ok...

Reflex [roll0]

(just so you know, if it is a spell, Xander has SR 17)

HandofCrom
2013-07-05, 11:11 AM
[roll0]

Silly me for grabbing the ranger level and not getting evasion.

INoKnowNames
2013-07-05, 12:15 PM
No evasion, sadly, so not even that nat 20 can save me from all the damage, probably.


Silly me for grabbing the ranger level and not getting evasion.

Personally, I think Evasion needs to be hit with the nerf-stick anyway, and it and the related Mettle be made more available. But that's just a random thought.

Anyway, I'm not about to hit you with a Mailman or anything, don't worry.

LoneMage210
2013-07-05, 09:22 PM
Reflex: [roll0] "Ara..."

INoKnowNames
2013-07-07, 12:09 PM
I should have done this earlier, but I think I'm missing saves from Rina and Burlow still, so I'll pm them. By monday evening at the latest, we should be set and ready to go, then!

Lexin
2013-07-07, 12:15 PM
I figured as much. It's fine. We'd have not advanced at all if I hadn't stolen some internet myself...

Expect combat to begin either tomorrow or Thursday.

Also, guys, I have a bit of a question: I know I was hoping not to allow PCs to use Homebrew, if only because this is the first game I've ever DMed before, so this might be a bit unfair to ask.

However, there's a few things I'd like to do with some enemies that I'm not entirely sure of how to do with just basic material, and I'm kinda interested in making it work, even if I have to make stuff up to do it.... would any of you be too particularly pissed off at me if I did?

A late answer, but still an answer...

Modifying monsters is not homebrewing and even the latter is a DM tool. As long as you don't make Evolutionist NPC and throw them at us I guess I am ok...

(when I DM you can always assume that about 90% are at least a little different than in books, like zombies with scent, vampires who don't fear everything or a Were-winter wolf)

NekoIncardine
2013-07-07, 12:27 PM
REFLEX SAVE: [roll0]

The DM customizing Monsters is Normal, yes.

Duncfoo
2013-07-08, 06:14 PM
Refle Save: [roll0]

INoKnowNames
2013-07-09, 05:57 PM
Excellent. Now, my turn.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Also, the reason this was posted today, as opposed to yesterday at like 10 pm, is because I actually misplaced my map. Heh... :smallredface:

This one might be a bit smaller, and isn't as detailed as I would have liked.... but is it usable for you guys (your cart would have been at 11r-12t, for reference)?

http://rpgamer.ru/media/map/6123/img.png

TriumphantHero
2013-07-10, 02:07 PM
The map will work, it's easy to make everything out. For my first move, knight to C2.

Duncfoo
2013-07-10, 05:18 PM
I like the map. Do you want starting positions?

INoKnowNames
2013-07-11, 10:40 AM
The map will work, it's easy to make everything out. For my first move, knight to C2.

Heh. That made me laugh.


I like the map. Do you want starting positions?

I'm glad it's at least getting positive reviews and a lack of response, rather than garnering negativity.

And you'll be able to place starting positions in a bit, once I update it with the actual interface and your enemies. Within the next 2:20 hours, Battle 2 will begin, on my honor!

Edit: Damn. It. Have to go get my license renewed, and they want to leave for it in 20 minutes.... still, the IC post is being prepared, and should be presented soon, I swear. Maybe still by 2 Pm, actually...

HandofCrom
2013-07-11, 01:06 PM
I like the map. I apologize for not chiming in, but if things are cool, I tend to be quiet (by extension, yes, I'm cool with you going buck wild on homebrew, you're the GM and can do what you want as long as it's fun).

INoKnowNames
2013-07-11, 06:25 PM
Oh My God The Dmv What The Heck Was That -6- Hours Of Waiting In Line I Had To Have Food Picked Up For Me Seriously I Never Want To Do That Again.

Why did the forum take away my All Caps? That was supposed to be in all caps. I'm very annoyed by what happened.

HandofCrom
2013-07-13, 04:12 PM
With the new initiative style, the baddies are up?

INoKnowNames
2013-07-16, 05:28 PM
With the new initiative style, the baddies are up?

Yes, but from now on (and pardon me if I didn't make this clear), everyone post at least once with actions. I'll slot them in between the enemies when I stop faffing about in real life and get on to continue to advance the plot.

Speaking of which, for those that don't know, I'm -finally- no longer crippled. I've even gone back to work for the first time since freaking January. And I just got through my 22nd Birthday.

If I could lose 100 lbs in a matter of days, my life would be as good as it was pre-accident...


[roll0]
[roll1] + 4
---------------------------
[roll2]
[roll3]


Would anyone care if I started to roll for the party when it became relevant from now on?

Sendale just scored an Attack of Opportunity, and Melody got to apply her Sneak Attack Damage to her Attack, for example.

LoneMage210
2013-07-17, 11:43 AM
[roll0] Retroactive Sneak Attack Damage

Lexin
2013-07-17, 12:18 PM
So... do we all post now, or is it Boar turn?

Anyway.
"I love the smell of bacon in the morning."

INoKnowNames
2013-07-17, 01:33 PM
So... do we all post now, or is it Boar turn?

I was going to say to wait on Burlow, but Duncfoo's been gone for 3 days... I'll let him retroactively gain an action or two, but otherwise, I don't think I see the need to keep you all waiting too long if I can avoid it.


Anyway.
"I love the smell of bacon in the morning."

Lexin, you're like a Psionic Rocket Raccoon. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA03f4vRsNc)

Lexin
2013-07-17, 01:46 PM
Lexin, you're like a Psionic Rocket Raccoon. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA03f4vRsNc)

This guy is made of win. :biggrin:

Duncfoo
2013-07-17, 06:04 PM
Sorry, thought I had posted a few days ago. Activating Hymm of Healing and posting a move action.

INoKnowNames
2013-07-22, 03:24 AM
Sorry, thought I had posted a few days ago.

No worries. It's a heck of a lot worse when a player thinks their post gets in as opposed to the Dm. Case in point; post-that-was-thought-to-have-been-in-on-Friday coming after breakfast!

Lexin
2013-07-22, 03:43 AM
No worries. It's a heck of a lot worse when a player thinks their post gets in as opposed to the Dm. Case in point; post-that-was-thought-to-have-been-in-on-Friday coming after breakfast!

Man. Isn't it like 4am for you? What is wrong with you?:smalltongue:

INoKnowNames
2013-07-22, 05:09 AM
Man. Isn't it like 4am for you? What is wrong with you?:smalltongue:

Work. Work is what is wrong with me. My sleep schedule has me like a Vampire now... :smallsigh:

Lexin
2013-07-22, 05:12 AM
Work. Work is what is wrong with me. My sleep schedule has me like a Vampire now... :smallsigh:

My condolences.:smalleek:

INoKnowNames
2013-07-22, 05:17 AM
My condolences.:smalleek:

Hey, at least I -can- work now. Vampire Shift is better than No Shift, right?

INoKnowNames
2013-07-22, 11:20 AM
[roll0]
[roll1] +4

Ugh. Not only is this encounter much easier than I thought it would be, but even the dice are on your side still.

Lexin
2013-07-22, 11:29 AM
Hey, at least I -can- work now. Vampire Shift is better than No Shift, right?

Finally after work: Yes it is better... but I still prefer my 8-16...


[roll0]
[roll1] +4

Ugh. Not only is this encounter much easier than I thought it would be, but even the dice are on your side still.

Burn!

INoKnowNames
2013-07-22, 11:40 AM
Finally after work: Yes it is better... but I still prefer my 8-16...

Heh. I might be here for another few hours... maybe I'm only half vampire...


Burn!

Yeah, we'll see how much you burn when the enemies are already on Fire. :smallannoyed:

Eh, who am I kidding, you guys'll find a way.

NekoIncardine
2013-07-23, 01:45 AM
Wait, unless I missed something, did my turn's actions not get accounted for in the post, or? O_o

Lexin
2013-07-23, 02:48 AM
Yeah, we'll see how much you burn when the enemies are already on Fire. :smallannoyed:

Eh, who am I kidding, you guys'll find a way.

Easy. I will burn the fire!

INoKnowNames
2013-07-23, 08:32 AM
Wait, unless I missed something, did my turn's actions not get accounted for in the post, or? O_o

No, I derped. I called you Melody in the first paragraph. >.< Fixed.


Easy. I will burn the fire!

I was expecting that... still don't have an answer for it, but I was expecting it all the same.

TriumphantHero
2013-07-24, 06:36 PM
HandOfCrom, I moved backwards 30' on my turn, so you may want to consider not going forward quite so far unless you want to be out in front of me.

HandofCrom
2013-07-25, 12:17 AM
Yikes, I grabbed the wrong map to update. Here's one with both of our moves.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=38216)

INoKnowNames
2013-07-25, 07:44 PM
Do you guys mind what order I apply your actions in? And we may have already gone over this, but I'd like to ask if you guys are okay with me rewarding those that post sooner/more frequently with their actions being valid, rather than waiting and giving more of a chance to those who can't or do not post as much. I honestly feel weird about doing initiative like this; This is the only reason this post isn't containing the rolls that would lead to your IC Update today.

Lexin
2013-07-26, 01:13 AM
Do you guys mind what order I apply your actions in? And we may have already gone over this, but I'd like to ask if you guys are okay with me rewarding those that post sooner/more frequently with their actions being valid, rather than waiting and giving more of a chance to those who can't or do not post as much. I honestly feel weird about doing initiative like this; This is the only reason this post isn't containing the rolls that would lead to your IC Update today.

No. No. No.
I don't mind.

HandofCrom
2013-07-26, 09:47 AM
Being one of those who is slow to respond, go ahead, I do not mind.

TriumphantHero
2013-07-26, 02:36 PM
Guess it works, but one question. With this, how do we benefit from our initiative roll? I'm locked into improved init for prereqs, so is that just going to be a useless feat now or will there be some benefit?

Lexin
2013-08-01, 03:25 AM
Names... You around?:smallconfused:

INoKnowNames
2013-08-06, 02:15 PM
Names... You around?:smallconfused:

At the time of your message, no, I wasn't. It shows how much of a jerk I was that I didn't warn you guys ahead of time about my leave, but I thought I'd have full access to the internet during my week of leave, so I hadn't contemplated another hospital visit (not me dead this time) occurring that might throw a monkey wrench into the plans.

Still, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to hear my excuses for being gone without having the decency to warn you ahead of time, especially when the (planned) trip was known ahead of time. I can understand you hating me for it. I'm not a very considerate Dm, am I?

For those still willing to work after two absences on my part, this game updates by the end of the day, if not earlier.

... though I'm still somewhat sunk on how to make Improved Initiative useful when we're working with free-form initiative... I had an idea I thought I had posted the day I left, but apparently I hadn't posted it, and everything that happened during my leave kinda terrorist-bombed my trains of thought.

Edit: One Bonus Detail. Player Characters No Longer Fail Skill Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or similar, on Natural 1s.

INoKnowNames
2013-08-06, 08:57 PM
Of all people to ask about actions, I should be the last person to open my hypocritical mouth. But Melody's actions for this round haven't been posted, I notice... Hm...

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4] +3
[roll5] +3

Edit: Lexin, you have been promoted from Rocket Raccoon. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqOw9mRUoEk)

Double Edit: That first pig on the left? Only had 11 hp left. So... yeah.

Lexin
2013-08-07, 10:05 AM
Heh... I vaporized the pig... :smallcool:

Good to see you back Names.

LoneMage210
2013-08-07, 01:12 PM
Sorry if I disappeared a bit, things were slowing down. I'll get back in action then.

INoKnowNames
2013-08-08, 07:08 AM
Sorry if I disappeared a bit, things were slowing down. I'll get back in action then.

Hey, I'm the only one who should be in trouble for disappearing. I hope no one else decided to jump ship now, though I can't blame 'em for it...


Heh... I vaporized the pig... :smallcool:

No bacon for you!


Good to see you back Names.

It's good to be back, even if I already miss my Birth Mother... hopefully it won't be another 20 years before I get to see her again, or she'll be a Grandma by then!

I think I can update tonightish. Hence the ish.

LoneMage210
2013-08-08, 10:10 AM
Damage: [roll0]

Because I got the protocol wrong and can't fix it now.

INoKnowNames
2013-08-09, 03:47 PM
[roll0]

[roll1] +3

Nice AC...

Lexin
2013-08-09, 03:53 PM
Huh?! I have the best one?
And I could have bumped it by 3 points too...:smallcool:

INoKnowNames
2013-08-09, 04:15 PM
Huh?! I have the best one?
And I could have bumped it by 3 points too...:smallcool:

I didn't say you had the best. I said you avoided getting gored and punched into the vehicle for extra damage and semi-unhealable wounds.

Lexin
2013-08-09, 04:17 PM
I didn't say you had the best. I said you avoided getting gored and punched into the vehicle for extra damage and semi-unhealable wounds.

I compared to other character sheets from the first post...

INoKnowNames
2013-08-09, 04:23 PM
I compared to other character sheets from the first post...

Oh snap, you actually -do- have the best of the player characters? That's useful information. :smallamused:

HandofCrom
2013-08-10, 01:48 AM
I'm here, sorry for being lazy, work and other things are super stressful.

INoKnowNames
2013-08-11, 09:47 AM
I'm here, sorry for being lazy, work and other things are super stressful.

I'm pretty darn sure I out-lazy you. And if you're dealing with work and other super stressful things, that's not exactly lazy; that's being busy, which isn't bad.

Lexin
2013-08-11, 01:15 PM
Do we still have anything to kill or did the last 24 damage finish the job?

Xander is almost out of fire...

INoKnowNames
2013-08-11, 08:50 PM
Do we still have anything to kill or did the last 24 damage finish the job?

Xander is almost out of fire...

Close, but he's still hanging on by a bit.

I will note that it's still not his turn, though, so you can still finish him off and avoid anyone having gotten hit this time...

Duncfoo
2013-08-14, 01:06 AM
Sorry August is the worse month for me. I'm preparing for Burning Man currently. I am in charge of a 20 person 10 day gourmet kitchen that has to somehow work in the desert. I'll be spotty the rest of the month and gone between August 21st and September 3rd.

INoKnowNames
2013-08-17, 09:58 PM
Sorry August is the worse month for me. I'm preparing for Burning Man currently. I am in charge of a 20 person 10 day gourmet kitchen that has to somehow work in the desert. I'll be spotty the rest of the month and gone between August 21st and September 3rd.

Thanks for the advance notice! I.... I'm not actually sure how a kitchen survives in the desert, actually. And Burning Man sounds cool... at least the SFW rumors of it.

And I think that did actually finally finish off your last foe. No injuries this time, good job... it's hard figuring out what you can and can't take.... next fight should be a bit more fun, though, I promise. That update should come hopefully tomorrow, if not Monday.

INoKnowNames
2013-08-22, 10:33 PM
Yeah, that ended the battle.

Also, I hate working from 4 Am until 6 Pm. My hours at work are ridiculous. I actually missed a class on Monday because we're so short handed, not to mention missing my promised update time for you guys.... sorry about that.

But yeah, Battle Over now. Initiate Roleplaying Mode. Not enough exp to level up this time, folks.

INoKnowNames
2013-08-25, 01:06 AM
Triple Post, because I see now that I didn't make it clear: That guy isn't long since underwater: he's long since down-river.

If you still wanna go after him, that's fine with me. Just clarifying it's not a "rescue him before he drowns beneath our feet", but instead a "let's go find him and see if he's been eaten or drowned yet".

Dm is not responsible for an additional random encounter possibly related to this matter.

TriumphantHero
2013-08-25, 02:11 AM
Yep, understood the situation, just figured if he could swim he'd be out by now, so it's only a matter of time before he does go under. My character is moving downriver.

NekoIncardine
2013-08-25, 03:55 AM
Post corrected accordingly. Sorry. x_x

LoneMage210
2013-08-26, 05:28 PM
Noting this, though Melody will have a rope just in case he's still kicking and struggling to swim.

INoKnowNames
2013-09-04, 06:40 AM
Christ Jesus, I want to cut my legs off. I seriously worked about 150 hours last month, and I am tired as dirt.

No, that was not an embelishment; they've got me working every single day now, and I pretty much stay for a good 12 hours a day.

How are you guys holding up yourselves, between fall changes and school becoming more active again?

I need to resolve to update more often... I feel like freaking VGCats over here. What day do you guys check the forum the most? I'll try to center my updates weekly, if not multiple times per week, on such a day.

LoneMage210
2013-09-04, 11:07 AM
I'm a bit all over the place, Tuesday and Thursday, no classes but eh...

Lexin
2013-09-04, 12:45 PM
I am checking the forum everyday, but I am not always able to post this month. I am abroad right now.

Duncfoo
2013-09-06, 12:11 AM
Back.

Burlow doesn't speak any of those languages.

NekoIncardine
2013-09-06, 10:25 AM
Nor did Rina know their language.

However, one handy part of telepathy? It skips language barriers.

INoKnowNames
2013-09-06, 01:12 PM
I am checking the forum everyday, but I am not always able to post this month. I am abroad right now.

I'm sure as heck not allowed to hold that against you.


Back.

Burlow doesn't speak any of those languages.

Welcome back! How was Burning Man? Hopefully not too busy?


Nor did Rina know their language.

However, one handy part of telepathy? It skips language barriers.

Heh. I suppose that would be good for quiet conversating, but I'd have thought you guys would have shot first and warned later. Or rather, burned first, anyway. :smalltongue:

Hm... let me get this straight: Xander (and possibly Johann) stayed behind, while apparently Burlow, Sendale, Rina and Melody went to check down the river? Just making sure.

Edit: Wow. I'm a Goldfish. The whole reason I opened the SRD was to answer your question. It would be a Planes check. Though, now that I think about it, a Martial Lore check would also turn up results. And no, your equipment isn't upgraded yet, but it soon will be! That's coming up next for you.

Also, edited in a picture of them. Because I enjoy my (non-sexual) self fan service.

Duncfoo
2013-09-07, 02:56 PM
Welcome back! How was Burning Man? Hopefully not too busy?



It was amazingly busy. I help run a theme camp and ended up with two extra days of construction out there. Brutal, fun, amazing, and literally 5 days with no sleep in 10 days. Still recovering.

Burlow would go down stream to investigate. Unfortunately not trained in knowledge planes. Would a Bardic Knowledge check help?

INoKnowNames
2013-09-07, 03:04 PM
It was amazingly busy. I help run a theme camp and ended up with two extra days of construction out there. Brutal, fun, amazing, and literally 5 days with no sleep in 10 days. Still recovering.

Burlow would go down stream to investigate. Unfortunately not trained in knowledge planes. Would a Bardic Knowledge check help?

Sounds great! Get some rest, though.

And whenever an attempt at general information seeking is required, Bard/Lore can produce results.

INoKnowNames
2013-09-17, 03:47 PM
I hadn't expected no response yet... I even went ahead and set this thread (and the IC) to be tied to my Email, and for that to alert my phone if anything happens. I thought it was broken, though I'm sad to see that I'm wrong... Is anyone still here?

NekoIncardine
2013-09-18, 12:00 AM
I am but was waiting for others to react.

LoneMage210
2013-09-18, 07:56 AM
[roll0] If needed, I'll roll for Use Rope for this one.

Item Use fun indeed...

Lexin
2013-09-18, 01:35 PM
I hadn't expected no response yet... I even went ahead and set this thread (and the IC) to be tied to my Email, and for that to alert my phone if anything happens. I thought it was broken, though I'm sad to see that I'm wrong... Is anyone still here?

I was abroad and managed to hurt my hand... sorry it took so long to post.

INoKnowNames
2013-09-18, 05:39 PM
I was abroad and managed to hurt my hand... sorry it took so long to post.

Nah, I understand. I's just sorry you guys keep having to wait on me.

INoKnowNames
2013-09-21, 06:35 AM
Back Closet Posting! Those down the river engaged in combat (which is all but two right now, me thinks), can I get a random reflex save?

LoneMage210
2013-09-21, 05:43 PM
[roll0] Incoming Reflex from Melody, mod as needed to fit this one...

TriumphantHero
2013-09-22, 04:05 PM
[roll0] Reflex, my greatest weakness

INoKnowNames
2013-09-25, 08:31 AM
[roll0] Reflex, my greatest weakness

And yet both of you passed it.

Also, I just realized that it has been a while since HandofCrom posted. He's not been online at all this month... I wonder what's up...

Duncfoo
2013-09-25, 02:37 PM
Reflex Save: [roll0]

INoKnowNames
2013-10-01, 10:03 PM
Hey, weren't you also going to roll a Bardic Knowledge check to see if you could understand what they were saying? Just curious if you still wanted to do that or not.

Duncfoo
2013-10-02, 01:56 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot about that.

Bardic Knowledge: [roll0]

Lexin
2013-10-06, 07:07 AM
I am back! :smallcool:

Duncfoo
2013-10-08, 04:16 PM
Cure light x3:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

INoKnowNames
2013-10-18, 11:58 PM
I don't think your cures rolled right in either thread...

TriumphantHero
2013-10-19, 12:29 AM
Still around

LoneMage210
2013-10-21, 07:12 AM
Checking in and posted.

Lexin
2013-10-21, 09:18 AM
Ehh. Still here. And waiting.

I want to burn something...

NekoIncardine
2013-10-23, 03:29 PM
Still around.

Lexin
2013-11-06, 10:08 AM
NAMES!! :smallannoyed:

INoKnowNames
2013-11-13, 06:31 PM
NAMES!! :smallannoyed:

*TimeSkip*

At the end of a harrowing journey filled with hordes of monsters and a rather subpar set of puzzles, you now find yourself face to face with an Undead, Titanic, Acid-Breathing Miley Cyrus. Roll Initiative. And no, that's not anything how the actual final boss will be. Actual, incredibly long-overdue-update being crafted now.

NekoIncardine
2013-11-14, 02:08 AM
*TimeSkip*

At the end of a harrowing journey filled with hordes of monsters and a rather subpar set of puzzles, you now find yourself face to face with an Undead, Titanic, Acid-Breathing Miley Cyrus. Roll Initiative. And no, that's not anything how the actual final boss will be. Actual, incredibly long-overdue-update being crafted now.

Rina enters the scene by Wrecking Ball for advantage, then stabs the creature in the back of its neck for an instant kill. Two references in one makes for an easy victory.

INoKnowNames
2013-11-15, 06:16 PM
Rina enters the scene by Wrecking Ball for advantage, then stabs the creature in the back of its neck for an instant kill. Two references in one makes for an easy victory.

Out of Miley Cyrus' neck-wound comes 100 middle-aged twilight fangirl zombies.

NekoIncardine
2013-11-17, 04:18 AM
Out of Miley Cyrus' neck-wound comes 100 middle-aged twilight fangirl zombies.

On that day, mankind received a grim reminder. We lived in fear of the undead titan acid-breathing celebrities, and were disgraced to live in these cages we called walls.

INoKnowNames
2013-11-18, 06:19 PM
On that day, mankind received a grim reminder. We lived in fear of the undead titan acid-breathing celebrities, and were disgraced to live in these cages we called walls.

For the life of me, I actually have never watched that series, and only know on a basic level of what you are referring to...

NekoIncardine
2013-11-18, 07:32 PM
For the life of me, I actually have never watched that series, and only know on a basic level of what you are referring to...

Replace "Undead titanic acid-breathing celebrities" with "titans" and you have pretty much the premise-in-a-nutshell line used at the end of the first episode of the anime and second chapter of the manga (IIRC).

I haven't watched it either, but it's hard to escape the memes. :P

Lexin
2013-11-19, 06:21 AM
... that's interesting...

When do we burn something?

LoneMage210
2013-11-20, 05:56 PM
Minor change to Soul Meld configuation: Mauling Gauntlets for Crystal Helm, activating bounded effect, and Bluesteel Bracers, moving Essentia as needed

INoKnowNames
2013-12-06, 01:03 AM
... that's interesting...

When do we burn something?

There's actually a pretty good chance the shoe will be on the other foot, actually.


Minor change to Soul Meld configuation: Mauling Gauntlets for Crystal Helm, activating bounded effect, and Bluesteel Bracers, moving Essentia as needed

Took me a bit to look those up, but that all seems to check out.

Lexin
2013-12-06, 10:07 AM
Well. I am around. If anyone else is, we can continue.
If not, tell me when you open new recruitment thread, so I can resubmit Xander.

INoKnowNames
2013-12-06, 10:20 AM
Well. I am around. If anyone else is, we can continue.
If not, tell me when you open new recruitment thread, so I can resubmit Xander.

I'm going to try to check a little later, but given the holidays just started, I shouldn't be surprised that people are a little busier than normal.

If we've got at least 4 players, I might pm a friend or two and have them join in, and keep going as is. If it's less than that, I'll officially put the game on hiatus so I can get my stuff down one sock, and see about pming those still interested and seeing if they might want to give me a second chance. After that, rererecruitment can be reopened.

Edit: I'm actually entirely ready to keep the game going right now, to state where I am with this, but being able to make a back log would help in future delays (giving a co-dm information on how to proceed should something happen or if I seem like I'm not going fast enough, for example).

NekoIncardine
2013-12-08, 10:12 PM
I am cool with continuing now or waiting for a plan refresh, at your preference. This particular weekend was really crazy, but the remaining ones until Christmas should be clear.

LoneMage210
2013-12-23, 12:37 PM
Same here, just went missing for a bit...