PDA

View Full Version : Wizard 3/4 BAB?

barna10
2012-11-30, 08:43 PM
Any Wizard variants or Prestige classes that get a 3/4 BAB like the Battle Sorcerer?

Urpriest
2012-11-30, 08:48 PM
Plenty of prestige classes, basically anything that was built for Clerics but doesn't specify arcane or divine magic will work for that.

No variants, Battle Sorceror was designed to encourage sorcerors.

Xan499
2012-11-30, 08:49 PM
One of the more famous prestige classes, Abjurant Champion (http://dndtools.eu/classes/abjurant-champion/) gives full BaB and spellcasting progression with some neat effects on abjurations too.

Snowbluff
2012-11-30, 09:03 PM
No variants, Battle Sorceror was designed to encourage sorcerors.

This is funny, since it is easily one of the worse engendered. Seriously:

"People are taking Wiz over Sorc because Sorc spellcasting sucks."

"Let's make it worse! Then people will play it."

:smallsigh: At least it is not totally useless.

Morph Bark
2012-12-01, 05:54 AM
I always thought it fun to play around with ACF stacking, even taking stuff from other classes' ACFs, or using racial substitution levels from other races, and combining them all to form something new.

For instance, that's how I ended up with a Wizard with full BAB, d12 HD, a Ranger-like animal companion (in place of a Familiar), Fighter feat progression and 1 spell less per day per spell level and he could only cast from three schools plus Divination. (After that, some schools were also linked to one another, so if you took Conjuration, you had to take Evocation. If you took Transmutation or Enchantment, you had to pick Illusion. And nearly all summoning, calling and polymorph spells were banned anyway.)

Cog
2012-12-01, 09:58 AM
(in place of a Familiar)
I'm... not sure if this is a Lightning Warrior joke or not, now.

nedz
2012-12-01, 11:23 AM
Eldritch Knight [DMG] is the basic Gish class: Full BAB, lose 1 caster level, gain 1 Fighter feat, YMMV. There are better Gish classes — Abjurant Champion has been mentioned — but there are worse also.

The combination of 1/2 BAB and full BAB should give you 3/4

No variants, Battle Sorcerer was designed to encourage sorcerers.
Do you have a source for this RAI ?
I always though BS was BS myself :smallsmile:

I always thought it fun to play around with ACF stacking, even taking stuff from other classes' ACFs, or using racial substitution levels from other races, and combining them all to form something new.

For instance, that's how I ended up with a Wizard with full BAB, d12 HD, a Ranger-like animal companion (in place of a Familiar), Fighter feat progression and 1 spell less per day per spell level and he could only cast from three schools plus Divination. (After that, some schools were also linked to one another, so if you took Conjuration, you had to take Evocation. If you took Transmutation or Enchantment, you had to pick Illusion. And nearly all summoning, calling and polymorph spells were banned anyway.)

Which ACF chains did you use then ?