PDA

View Full Version : Destroying Ghosts

EmperorNortonII
2012-11-30, 10:03 PM
So, I'm still working on my dread necromancer.

I know what my endgame is going to be. In the end, my principle conflict (not the whole party's) is going to be against seven ghosts, each of which has at least 11 character levels. No easy feat, since I'm not sure I'll be able to count on the whole party- or even my quasit familiar, at this point.

On the upside, by this point, I'm probably going to be a lich, which'll make me immune to almost all of the really nasty stuff ghosts can do. Of course, for the most part, I have the same problem affecting them.

Dunno is rebuking is likely to be effective if I prestige class out of DN at 8th, which is likely the best option for me as a whole. Turn Resistance of +4 hurts.

Spells that could affect them in my default list seem limited to: Hide from Undead, Chill Touch, Command Undead, Halt Undead, Undeath to Death, Acid Fog somewhat, and Command Undead. That's it. Are there any I'm wrong on? Any excellent spells I should pick up with additional learning?

The Planar Binding spells might be helpful.

Countering Malevolence is not something I know if I need to defend against. I'm not immune to Magic Jar, as far as I know. Thoughts on this?

... and are there any prestige classes that would help me take down ghosts? Being a Star Elf and getting ghost touch on my weapon and armor will be sweet, but I'm a DN. A ghost fighter'll dismember me.

Rizban
2012-12-01, 05:42 AM
There's Ghost Slayer from the Ghostwalk book. It's more focused on that setting's version of ghosts, but it's not bad. It's also only 5 levels long, or possibly only 1 level depending on if the other levels are useful for you or not.