PDA

View Full Version : Pawns in the Game (IC)

Demidos
2012-12-01, 04:29 AM
The disk turns, and the White City remains shrouded.
---------------------------------------------------------
Felthas
http://dragonchasers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/crumbling_towers.jpg

Medusa stands near the steps to the city library. After nearly five years of research, she is on the brink of rediscovering something no-one has seen for nigh on two centuries. Rumel's Wand, an artifact that fell from the sky in the long-ago past, with the ability to turn objects to gold. It was, despite its nature, surprisingly not a magical item, but an alchemical one, functioning through non-magical means. Which is what made it valuable to her. Rubbing her hands for warmth, Medusa looks around, waiting for the mercenaries to arrive. The half-ruined state of the city catches her eye. Ever since the appearance of the new gods to the south, a little more than 50 yearse ago, the city, once a flourishing bastion of learning, has been crumbling as people flock south to praise the new gods, abandoning the once mighty city.

Road_Runner
2012-12-01, 05:22 AM
Halken sighs as he walks through the meadows, softly crunching fallen leaves under his foot talons as he walks through the forest towards the city. Normally the beautiful bright yellows and oranges of the autumn season would have him in a good mood, but it only reminded him of his lack of success in his mission so far, and made him worry about his village down far to the south, and how they would cope in the winter with the strange whether they'd been having bringing little harvest bounty. Perhaps in rebellion against this reminder, he had aligned himself with the spring that morning, and as a result tiny green sprouts poke haphazardly through his barkskin armor.

Entering the city, he wanders down a couple streets looking for the city library, where he had agreed to meet with the hirer. Although it would be frustrating to be side tracked for a while, he was running low on money. Seeing her on the steps, he walks up. "Hello... you must be Medusa?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-01, 03:47 PM
The very skinny blond woman smiles, Why yes I am. I will assume you are Halken. We have much to discuss and I am sure you want your money as well so that is fine. We can discuss much before Makarov arrives, I assumed he would be slightly late. We should probably agree on how we should enter the nearby dungeon. Much better to have that sorted out now rather then when we engage whatever is inside the place.

Medusa smirks to herself, Excellent, the gears of the world are already beginning to move. This should be interesting.

amohep
2012-12-01, 05:56 PM
Makarov walks through the city head tilted high, examining each of the structures in turn as if judging their worth. He appears largely unimpressed by the buildings and monuments to be found. Occasionally he paused and uses his only arm to pick up a rock, or touch the stonework on a building's wall, but always he continues his rambling pace on towards his destination. When he at last reaches the ascending steps of the library, he pauses for half a second, glancing upwards to ascertain whether or not there is any merit in ascending. Seeing two individuals at the top he continues with his same wandering pace up the stairs until he stands directly in front of the two of them. Once there, he stands still and simply analyzes them each in turn. After a few seconds a small smile forms.
I wasn't expecting much, but these two might do after all. Yes they might do well indeed.
As he smiles a small white sphere forms in front of him and begins twisting its way around his body. He smiles more broadly and speaks I am Makarov. You've been waiting for me yes?

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-01, 06:19 PM
Medusa turns to look at the odd gnome, Ah Makarov. Good you have both arrived at the same time. That will make this much easier. Come follow me. I am renting a room at a nearby inn where I was doing some research. We can discuss terms and plans there. With that Medusa turns and walks towards the inn.

I assume Medusa wasn't just being a hobo and actually had a place back at an inn.

At the room both Makarov and Halken see a messy place with scrolls and notes thrown about several tables. Ah forgive the mess. I was working late last night. Regardless let us begin. Do you understand why I have called you here?

Demidos
2012-12-01, 07:25 PM
As long as you paid for it :smallwink: Standard DMG pricing. Continue.

Road_Runner
2012-12-01, 09:14 PM
"Not really." says Halken. He carefully places his steps do that his talons don't poke a hole in any of the scrolls as e walks into the room.

amohep
2012-12-01, 09:20 PM
Makarov tilts his head to one side and speaks You briefly expounded that you had found a previously unknown ruin. It intrigued me, and so here I am.

Road_Runner
2012-12-02, 03:58 PM
"Well, all I know is that there is a repulsive monster on the first floor, that is near impossible to kill and should be avoided at all costs. You guys know anything about the other floors?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-02, 04:05 PM
Medusa smirks, I probably wasn't the most clear when explaining this. None the less I shall explain here. We are entering the Lair of Malcanthorix. An ancient Demonic Beast said to be defeated by the goddess Rose. The current complex is built on a sunken graveyard and was constructed by mad cultists still loyal to their sealed demonic being. I have heard rumors of the long forgotten Rumel's Wand being held within the dungeon's catacombs. Of the insides of the dungeon I know little but have heard many rumors. The goblins inside were once giants and have tremendous strength. There are strange mushrooms that restore youth to a human. An entrance to hell is behind a pool of water past a long and perilous maze. A Lich with a great treasure is protected by mithril gates. The fourth level is filled with gems and other objects of great wealth. Several other things of lesser importance as well.
Since we are searching for Rumel's Wand I think it would be more prudent to search for the two rumors I have heard that revolve around material wealth, the 4th floor and the Lich's lair. First we shall search for the 4th floor as I would rather not have to fight a lich. Medusa gathers her breath after speaking about all the rumors she has heard. However, most of this is just the general rumors. If we find anything more indicative of the Wand's location in the dungeon we follow that lead.

Demidos
2012-12-02, 05:29 PM
As part of Medusa's explanation, she shows you a map she has aquired of the area. The Dungeon is known as Rappan Athuk in the local dialect.

Rappan Athuk: The Malcanthorix's lair (http://www.necromancergames.com/pdf/raspecialhigh.pdf)

Note: I am well aware that you can look up the dungeon, google just the name (even if you just read people's comments about it and not the original), or other similar things. Dont.

amohep
2012-12-02, 05:33 PM
Makarov nods his head A Lich would prove a most interesting test for my art... Most interesting indeed. He pauses in contemplation and creates an intricate latticework of threads in a circle around him. The threads fade momentarily but he appears satisfied with the result. Of this dungeon I know little, just that it would be safer to eliminate any undead servitors from a distance as they are prone to violently explode when destroyed. Turning towards Medusa he asks How do we plan to go about this? Where exactly is this dungeon? And how do you propose we gain entrance?

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-02, 05:53 PM
Medusa sighs, Yes well, I haven't gotten that good of an idea of what exactly we should expect to face in the dungeon. So right now my entry plan involves taking the north road and heading to the dungeon. The road should take us near the dungeon and we can travel through a bit of wilderness before we reach it. If any of you have better ideas I am all ears.

Demidos
2012-12-03, 10:03 PM
In the pause after Medusa's speech, someone knocks on the door, and someone that Medusa recognizes as the innkeeper opens the door. He's a large man with a bald pate and a bloody apron.

If you wanted to eat dinner, we are serving dinner downstairs now. Or, he adds, catching sight of the table and the map (although from his angle the map's contents are not visible) I can bring it up here if you prefer.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-03, 10:58 PM
Medusa turns, Yes up here would be most appreciated

Demidos
2012-12-03, 11:04 PM
Right-o

The Innkeeper's head vanishes as he goes downstairs.

Road_Runner
2012-12-05, 12:32 AM
Halkens stomach growls.

Demidos
2012-12-05, 01:02 AM
The innkeeper does not appear.

Half an hour later, he appears with somewhat cold plates of potatoes and some form of difficult to identify meat.

Road_Runner
2012-12-05, 01:04 AM
Halken looks sad and disappointed. "Do you have any acorn pies?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-05, 01:48 AM
Medusa laughs, I would assume not. Its not a common dish. Medusa spits out and breaks a clearwater tablet over the dish before beginning to gnaw mindlessly on the tasteless meat. Between mouthfuls she addresses the group again, But yes. While we eat, does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed to the dungeon? If none of you have any ideas we should simply approach it in the morning and plan from there. Be prepared for a fight, even if we decide not to enter the dungeon right then the countryside is still very dangerous.

Road_Runner
2012-12-05, 01:51 AM
"But... it's the seven days before the fall equinox! We must eat it, by Raptoran tradition!"

After grumbling and chewing meat for a bit, Halken agrees. "Assuming we have basic gear, we should be fine with a straightforward approach."

Demidos
2012-12-05, 01:52 AM
Errrr. Sorry. No.

The innkeeper gives you an odd look, and leaves.

Road_Runner
2012-12-05, 03:00 AM
After a wonderful mediocre dinner (without acorn pies), Halken prepares to go to bed by carefully preening his feathers. "How should we sleep? Do you trust these areas or should we take shifts?"

Once we figure out how we sleep, Halken takes out his bedroll and goes to sleep.

amohep
2012-12-05, 08:08 PM
Once the dish is served Makarov stares at it disjointedly before cutting it into decidedly odd shapes. He starts with a normal line, and then places two lines to the right of it. Next goes a triangle and then a square and proceeds in that manner until he runs out of potato. Then he takes the 'meat' and does the same process, except the meat is overlaying the potatoes. Only then does he begin to eat. After eating he remains mostly silent, and wanders the room studying Medusa's scrolls and books. Mostly examining the diagrams and inscriptions inside before falling asleep.

Demidos
2012-12-05, 08:28 PM
Assuming Medusa is fine with sharing her room with two complete strangers at night, the two sleep inside her room. The next day, the sun arises at 6, and, with it, the innkeeper, who wants his room back by 11 am if no more money will be forthcoming.

Road_Runner
2012-12-05, 09:25 PM
"Let's go then!" says Halken.

Unless anyone else has anything to say/do, Halken heads to dungeon.

Demidos
2012-12-05, 09:50 PM
Since I went to the trouble of getting you guys a map, feel free to, you know, use it to explain your route. :smallwink: Or I can assume you walk as the crow flies.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-05, 10:44 PM
Medusa is fine sharing a room with them, she wakes up and cleans the room, swallowing the important maps and scrolls in her mouth. Well then let us be off. We can stick to the road till we are close enough then cut directly to the dungeon. I see no reason to waste time

Demidos
2012-12-05, 11:47 PM
After about 6 hours of travel, the small group hears hooves from up ahead. A group of mounted warriors appear from ahead, wearing rainbow sashes and closed visors. There are seven of them, riding with leveled lances toward you.

Read only if you allow them to get within 30 feet without reacting:
The lead knight pulls up his mount, and calls out "Who are you."

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-05, 11:49 PM
Knowledge Local: [roll0]

Road_Runner
2012-12-05, 11:52 PM
"We are traveling adventurers."

Demidos
2012-12-06, 12:04 AM
Why are you here.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-06, 12:14 AM
Medusa, Ah that would be because of me. I am an alchemist and have heard of some interesting components and ingredients inside the wilderness around here. We were going to search for them. Since its dangerous around here I have heard I hired these two to act as body guards.

Bluff [roll0]

Demidos
2012-12-06, 12:24 AM
The man doesnt look convinced, but he nods.

What are your names?

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-06, 12:29 AM
Marie, Makarov, and Halken

Bluff[roll0]

Demidos
2012-12-06, 03:30 AM
The man's face becomes menacing.

"You're lying. I'm not sure I like you, girl."

The man looks at Halken and Marakov.

"What do you say? Have you no tongues of your own? Who are you, and why are you here? I do not take kindly to being lied to."

Sense motive

Go away player

I said go away
[roll0]
Ha. I win!

Road_Runner
2012-12-06, 02:18 PM
Halken looks strangely at Medusa. "Um, well, it is true that she did hire us to find some alchemical component. We just met last night, and at least she told me her name was Medusa, it could be Marie. We are going to the dungeon in the wilderness here to find some Wand belonging to a person named Rumel"

Demidos
2012-12-07, 02:31 AM
Bluff? Also...id card? Things arent that ordered in this corner of the world. You can have it, but its not issued by the local government. And what does it say?

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-07, 04:00 PM
Ignore that previous ID card part. The History Major pointed out I was being stupid :smalltongue:

amohep
2012-12-07, 10:52 PM
Makarov tilts his head and stares at the lead rider and says, I am Makarov a Sculptor.

Demidos
2012-12-08, 02:04 AM
So, a sculptor, an alchemist, and a bodyguard. Out on a jaunt. This story sounds rather likely. But not really. Now, last chance.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-08, 03:13 AM
Medusa sighs and turns to Makarov and Halken as if the guard had used up his excuse to live, Yes, see thats why I wished to make this short, we are simply wasting daylight. Lets go on. They have no reason to detain us, walking a road is neither illegal nor suspicious whatsoever.

With that Medusa spits something into her hand and conceals it from the guard. And then starts walking past the guard, fully expecting him and his companions to attack her.

Initiative: [roll0]

Demidos
2012-12-08, 02:10 PM
As you near, the horse of the lead rider startles and rears, hooves flashing, but the rider pulls him down, controlling him. Several of the riders begin moving forward, but he waves them down.

"They're stupid enough that even if they are bandits, they wont nlast long."

He turns to the trio.

"If I hear something about you robbing anyone, be warned. Your death will be long and painful."

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-08, 02:27 PM
Medusa doesn't even address the guard and continues onward towards the dungeon

Road_Runner
2012-12-08, 03:27 PM
Halken follows behind, giving the guards and awkward glance as he walks by.

amohep
2012-12-08, 03:35 PM
Makarov follows them as well.

Demidos
2012-12-08, 07:09 PM
The horsemen recede into the distance, and you reach the spot where you turn off into the woods, which is rather convenently marked with a signpost.

Turning to follow it:
You crest the last hill and finally the complex
comes into view. In stark contrast to the lush
greenery of the hills lies a large sunken graveyard
laid out in the shape of a cross. Rather than towering
above the ground, the graves have settled into
depressions, and the main mausoleum, a building of
strange green stone, rests in the deepest depression
some 40 feet below the ground on which you now
stand. At the other end of the grave-filled hallow
stands what appears to be a stone well. There are no
gravestones near it. The normal sounds of wildlife
are gone, and large carrion birds circle overhead.
An ominous silence rests about the place. Each of
you knows in your heart that you have found the
legendary dungeon of Rappan Athuk. And though
none dare speak it, you wonder if you will live to
return to the warmth of hearth and home.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-08, 08:00 PM
Medusa looks around, Hm, about what I expected. Well then let us get going. Be cautious I find it suspicious that nothing has "Greeted" us so far. Medusa carefully walks towards the masoleum in the center. When she reaches it she spits out her adamantine shrunken and a small amount of shapesand which she forms into gloves. Medusa then chips off a small section of the stone. She then tries to identify the substance. [roll0]

Demidos
2012-12-08, 08:03 PM
Dm rolls, nothing to worry about

[roll0]

Demidos
2012-12-08, 08:13 PM
Even as Medusa muses her thoughts aloud, the slow crack of stone echoes from above, and in the long shadows of the night, new shadows spring forth atop those of the mausoleum roof. And the sound of wingbeats fill the air as creatures of the same strange stone appear, and dive towards you.

Init: [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-08, 08:14 PM
Medusa's init: [roll0]

Demidos
2012-12-08, 08:15 PM
Rerolled init [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-08, 08:16 PM
Secondary Init: [roll0]
Knowledge Arcana: [roll1]
Knowledge Dungeoneering: [roll2]
Knowledge the Planes: [roll3]

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-08, 08:57 PM
Medusa uses vector plate under the one to her left. Bull Rush Check: [roll0] sending it 15ft diagonally to the south east. She then delays her turn until after Makarov goes she calls out, Makarov jump to the east! (Five foot step to the east so I can light serpent all 3 of them.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-08, 09:14 PM
Medusa shouts out, They are an odd type of magical gargoyles they are highly resistant to non magical weapons and they are dangerous melee foes. Watch yourselves. Medusa grows her Light Serpent once Makarov moves and sends it flying southward: Hitting all two-three depending on the bull rush of the third gargoyle, damage: [roll0]. Reflex save 13 negates

Road_Runner
2012-12-08, 09:21 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Road_Runner
2012-12-08, 09:37 PM
Halken moves to the north-east square of the lowermost gargoyle, avoiding moving in any threatened squares. He switches into the Brittle Branches stance, to break down their defenses. Channeling the distant summer, he swings a flaming morningstar into the gargoyle.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Fire Damage: [roll2]

If attack hits, DR is reduced by 1 for 3 rounds.

amohep
2012-12-08, 09:42 PM
Makarov's Initiative [roll0]

Sorry for the multiple posts!

Demidos
2012-12-09, 12:56 AM
Bull Rush Checks [roll0]

Demidos
2012-12-09, 01:05 AM
Reflex Saves:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

amohep
2012-12-09, 01:19 AM
Makarov five foot steps to the right and begins casting astral construct (its a 1 round cast time) three spaces below the nearest gargoyle.

Demidos
2012-12-09, 01:30 AM
Their eyes sparkling gems, the green stone creatures reel, and then attack, each moving to attack a different target.

Attacks

Attacks from Gargolyles 1-3, starting from top

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-09, 01:45 AM
Medusa creates another vector plate under the one near her launching it 15ft southeast (Bull Rush check 15 negates).

Medusa then uses Light Serpent again hitting all three for [roll0]

Road_Runner
2012-12-09, 01:46 AM
Halken swings his morningstar, this time sprouting with glorious spring tulips.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

If attack hits I heal 4 and DR -1 again. Will save DC 15 or be entangled.

Road_Runner
2012-12-09, 01:54 AM
Aoo: [roll0]

Demidos
2012-12-09, 01:59 AM
The stone creatures sense blood and press their advantage, two clawing at the winged warrior and one at the odd snake woman.

1,2,3, Claw claw bite gore

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

Demidos
2012-12-09, 03:01 AM
The battle continues raging, with some of the brave adventurers nearly dying to the foul creatures. Prevailing, however, the remains of the creatures are quickly stripped of their gemstone eyes (I assume).

Taking a moment to look around, you see more statues on the roof like those you fought, but seem not to be moving or alive like the others were. Two mausoleums flank your sides, and a small well is off behind you. The two side mausoleums have no carvings or sculptures on them like the main one, but rather are simpler and smaller. All three have locked iron doors. In the center of the area in which you fought is a life-sized statue of a dwarf on a 4 foot by 4 foot stone block. He looks to have been a great warrior, and dwarven runes adorn the front of the
pedestal. This rather large tombstone, crested with the statue of a dwarf, seems to have been visited frequently. The dwarven runes read “Blessed is he who spares these stones/And cursed be the man who moves my bones.”

The gems, Medusa and Halken agree, are worth at least 500 gp each (6 of them), although Marakov would say more of 300 gp each. Feel free to make any other checks you wish to make as you stand there/wander.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-09, 02:09 PM
Medusa sighs, Well that was annoying. You two stand guard and watch the statues while I analyze this stone. Due to the inscription saying not to mess with the stone Medusa with first shape sand some gloves and then attempt to make a knowledge check on the stone. (See previous roll on page 2)

After that she remarks to the others, Well I doubt the wand is in the minor mausoleums and we shouldn't stay out here for too long let us get inside the major mausoleum. She then spits out some more shapesand and turns it into a adamantine great sword. Which she will use to break down the door eventually unless the others wish to do something else. She addresses the others while forming the sword and attacking the locked door, Keep an eye out while I do this.

Also guys we earned 1350 xp

Demidos
2012-12-09, 03:36 PM
No spot, listen, or search. Alrighty then. The straightforward approach.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-09, 03:55 PM
How can we make spot or listen checks o.O? The door is locked and you didn't describe any windows... Search is useless none of us can find traps. And I told the other two to watch out so I assume they are making spot checks on the surroundings. Either way: Spot + Listen [roll0] + [roll1]

Road_Runner
2012-12-09, 04:29 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Demidos
2012-12-09, 05:05 PM
Halken's razor eyes notice a small discolored spot in the base of the statue. It appears rather artificially made.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-09, 07:40 PM
Halken's razor eyes notice a small discolored spot in the base of the statue. It appears rather artificially made.

Could you clarify "Artificially made".... its a statue. By definition everything about it is artificially made. I don't know of any natural occurring statues :P

Road_Runner
2012-12-09, 08:06 PM
Random Roll: [roll0]

With his sharp eyes seeing the secret notch, Halken says, "Ahem, allow me." He reaches forward and pushes the spot.

Demidos
2012-12-10, 02:36 AM
A small compartment opens, with a worn iron key inside.

amohep
2012-12-10, 03:23 AM
Makarov will use his knowledge architecture skill to gain further knowledge about the temple itself, as well as the statue, and other architecturally significant pieces.

[roll0]

Demidos
2012-12-10, 01:30 PM
The statue would be local, but the temple seems to have been in part constructed by magic, for some of the walls and all of the roof's gargoyles seem to be exceedingly well wrought.

Road_Runner
2012-12-10, 04:10 PM
Halken picks up the key. "Hmmm... let's see, does that door have a lock on it?"

EDIT: Halken will check all three locked doors, and see if the key fits before turning it/opening any of them.

Demidos
2012-12-10, 08:39 PM
The door opens the main mausoleum effortlessly, but as it clicks open, the key vanishes out of your hand as the door swings wide.

Road_Runner
2012-12-12, 09:32 PM
Halken takes a step back, startled as the key vanishes from his hands. "Well.... should we go in?"

amohep
2012-12-12, 10:12 PM
Malken tilts his head as he stares at Halken That is why we are here yes? It would sort of defeat the overall purpose of our journey if we stopped here.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-18, 07:50 PM
Medusa sighs, That probably wasn't necessary to waste that key. I could of broken down the door given time. Regardless we should head inwards definitely, I believe it is more dangerous to stay outside than inside. Let us go.

Demidos
2012-12-19, 03:39 PM
The mausoleum itself is filled with damp, musty air. Dust covers most of this barren room of solid stone. Several broken and rusted weapons lie on the floor along with the butt-ends of several used torches. The room’s sole feature is a large stone sarcophagus, on top of which are two brass candelabras, each holding a black candle.

The sarcophagus is 10 feet by 5 feet, positioned in the back of the room, while the whole mausoleum is a paltry 20 by 10 feet.

Feel free to make checks.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-19, 03:51 PM
Medusa walks inward morphing the shape sand in her hand into a candle snuffer with a 5ft handle. Once she gets within range of the candles she makes a vector plate to her left pointing towards the door. She then puts out the first candle.

As the flame is still glowing brilliantly after Medusa should of put it out she pulls the clasp back and checks the warmth. Seeing how the snuffer is cold she raises a hand to the others. Hm the candles are magical. A continual flame probably. They aren't producing heat.

Medusa creates two vector plates, one above the candle that points directly to her outstretched hand. The other propelling the candle into the first vector plate. She then repeats the process a second time for the other candle.

She swallows both of the candles, Stand back I am going to see if there are any passages below the floor. And my way isn't very subtle. With that Medusa forms a 5ft cube of shapesand adamantine with a spike on one side. She then propels it upward and slams it down on all the tiles in the room. In one south west corner panel the cube falls through completely and Medusa motions, Quick lets go through With that the group grapples down the passage way into the dungeon.

Road_Runner
2012-12-19, 04:37 PM
Listen: [roll1]

Demidos
2012-12-19, 05:06 PM
Medusas' clever forming of a adamentium spike to bash through the regenerating floor soon gave results, and a weaker floor tile was identified, revealing a circular shaft descending into the darkness below. The smell of death radiates from the pit as it descends down into oblivion. The circular shaft descends 30 feet below the floor of the mausoleum above to a dirt-floored hallway. There are some blood stains and smears on the walls of the hallway, which are made of
roughly worked stone, including one rather recent large hand smear of blood on the north wall. The passage leads east and comes to a dead end some 100 feet later. At the end of the passage is an obvious ten-foot deep 5 ft. by 5 ft. pit. There is a rope pegged into the wall that descends into the pit.

Road_Runner
2012-12-19, 05:25 PM
Spot into pit: [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-19, 05:25 PM
Medusa launches a stone into the opposing wall and the pit below. As the stone just bounces off the floor on both aspects he turns to Halken, Halken go search the pit. You have the best eyes amongst us

After Halken finds a secret door that produces a horrible stench Medusa creates a pair of nose plugs for each one of us which we put in our noses. Then we head into the secret door.

Demidos
2012-12-19, 07:13 PM
The room is strewn with bits of bones and loose dirt. A cool breeze blows by, and whispering can be heard off in the darkness. This room has several small piles of bones looted from the graveyard above. The air is drafty and rather fresh.

DM rolls
[roll0]

Road_Runner
2012-12-19, 08:33 PM

Road_Runner
2012-12-20, 02:37 AM
Halken cautiously enters the room.

Road_Runner
2012-12-20, 02:47 AM
Halken walks over to examine the coins, and pick them up if nothing seems weird about them.

As he falls into the pit trap, screaming, Medusa shakes her head.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-20, 09:49 PM
Medusa looks over at Halken wondering what he is doing, [roll0]

Demidos
2012-12-21, 04:09 AM
Halken's poking leads to totally unexpected results, as a greenish slime that was adhering to the bones suddenly touches his skin and begins to corrode it!

Temporary Con damage
[roll0]

Note: The greenish slime is still attached to Halken, and still corroding him. Just to be clear.

Road_Runner
2012-12-21, 04:11 AM
Do I keep the money?

Demidos
2012-12-21, 04:13 AM
...yes. All 22 copper pieces.

Road_Runner
2012-12-21, 04:15 AM
Worth it.

I am rich

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-22, 02:07 PM
Medusa glares at Halken, Be more cautious fool! Don't just touch poisonous material. And get that slime off your hand!

Road_Runner
2012-12-22, 04:58 PM
Halken wipes his hand off on the ground. "I have determined we should not touch the slime. We should keep moving."

So on the map it looks like there's some kind of door and passageway on the opposite wall?

Demidos
2012-12-22, 11:56 PM
The DM wearily kneads his temples at Halken's shenanigans.

Correct. Theres a door, or theres alternately a passageway that turns off back along the way you came.

Road_Runner
2012-12-23, 01:05 AM
Let's go search these dead end passageways." says Halken, waiting for Medusa to bring the light into the left of the two right passageways.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-23, 03:22 PM
Medusa shrugs, and as she walks over to the passageway she speaks, Sure. By the way do you happen to have any way of drawing a map? I have some sheets of paper and a writing utensil. It might be important to find our way out of here again.

Road_Runner
2012-12-23, 07:00 PM
"Sure, we can take a minute to draw a map. This way is north, if you want a reference," Halken says, pointing towards north.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-23, 09:59 PM
Medusa nods, Great, I will manage that. Let us go onward. Medusa is now noting the dungeon's interior, while we head down the passage way.

Demidos
2012-12-23, 11:22 PM
Im not sure where you are. The bottom passage is the one you came from. Then theres the two passages that branch out to the side before the room you came from. Where are you? I placed a dragon next to the entrace passage. Just for clarity. Totalllly no dragon hanging out there.

If you move, move your tokens, and i will clear your sight there.

Road_Runner
2012-12-23, 11:52 PM
Unless there is an objection, Halken moves into the rightmost side passage (waiting for Medusa to follow him with the light).

Silva Stormrage
2013-01-03, 03:16 PM
We enter the rightmost side passage way with Halken going first followed by Medusa followed by Makarov.

Silva Stormrage
2013-01-15, 08:53 PM
What is happening at the moment? Could you give us the room description?

Demidos
2013-01-17, 06:23 PM
From DM: Broken furniture is everywhere, and a skeleton sits in a
large chair facing you. Red, poisonous-looking ants crawl
all over the skeleton and chair. On the table with the
skeleton is a deck of cards. A tapping sound emanates
from the hallway.

Silva Stormrage
2013-01-17, 07:24 PM
Medusa will first off use shapesand to make a lit torch for Ryenos to hold.

Once that is done Medusa will use vector plate to launch the deck of cards 5ft in front of Halken. And then if nothing happens after launching the deck she will use light serpent to utterly crush all the ants, the skeleton and the chair dealing, [roll0] damage.

Demidos
2013-01-17, 09:51 PM
The cards seem normal, and the table and other priceless artifacts (including the fully automated magical ants that grant wishes at will) are destroyed.

Road_Runner
2013-01-17, 11:26 PM
Fort save: [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2013-01-18, 12:51 PM
As Halken passed the save against the contact poison from picking up the deck of cards we will wait for it to run its course. Giving aid another to Halken's heal check and changing his torch into a first aid kit.

Taking 10 allows auto aid another, Halken's heal is now His check +6.

After that we will investigate the tapping in the corridor, with the marching order being Halken, Medusa, Makarov

Road_Runner
2013-01-18, 03:11 PM
"Thanks," says Halken.

I already have a masterwork item, so you can leave it was a torch in case something happens.

Heal check to treat poison: [roll0]
Fort save: [roll1]