PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an artist or two on a big project (possibly commissioned)

Rizban
2012-12-01, 08:10 AM
For the past few years, coming up on three now, I've been running a game on these forums called Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258713) (formally named Assassins vs. Bodyguards). We've had a few hundred players over the years and, at one time, had as many as 8 active DMs running all the players. I've also run a few other games in this setting, and it has become quite large and well developed.

I have essentially compiled much of the information on this campaign world into a coherent work, and this effort has continued to grow with some help from other people. On the prompting of several people involved as well as from a few curious onlookers, we have decided to move forward with a project to create a full campaign setting book and have it published, likely funding it through Kickstarter.

We're still in the early stages with this project, but I know that we're going to need artists to illustrate the book. So, I'm starting the search now. I would like to find a few artists who can help bring the feel of Aldhaven we have worked to create out in their art. If anyone is interested, I'd really like to hear from you.

Dr.Epic
2012-12-01, 02:11 PM
Could you PM me your email address so I could send you some works from my portfolio?

Rizban
2012-12-02, 07:36 PM
If you're going to be providing links to uploaded pictures, you can just click on my name and click "Send email to Rizban". That would be the preferred method.

Due to certain firewall restrictions, all email attachments are removed and deleted before I receive any emails here. Trying to use a webmail account won't allow me to download attachments either.

If that doesn't work, I can get something worked out on Monday.

leakingpen
2012-12-04, 10:06 AM
@NateCosBOOM on twitter is Nate Cosby, writer of Cowboy and a few other published comics. He's doing an artist hunt right now on twitter, and welcomed other authors looking for artists to troll the list of people replying to him for art they like. Its people looking to do sequentials, and not illustrations, but you might find someone.

Rizban
2012-12-04, 12:22 PM
@NateCosBOOM on twitter is Nate Cosby, writer of Cowboy and a few other published comics. He's doing an artist hunt right now on twitter, and welcomed other authors looking for artists to troll the list of people replying to him for art they like. Its people looking to do sequentials, and not illustrations, but you might find someone.

Thanks! I'll look over that later today.

Princess
2012-12-11, 05:38 PM
Are you looking for character, landscape, or object drawings?

Rizban
2012-12-11, 11:57 PM
All of the above.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-12-13, 02:04 PM
As you know, I'm quite interested in helping illustrate in a great number of ways. Just putting it on record. :)

warbringer
2012-12-17, 12:49 PM
Hey Rizban, I just asked my girlfriend if she might be interested in this, and she would love to contribute! She'll be able to do character art, landscape art, buildings and maps if needed.

Portfolio: http://www.the-wired-kingdom.com/

you can find the contact info on the bottom if you want to communicate directly (she's not on GitP)

Rizban
2012-12-17, 01:57 PM
I really like the style, and, on a side note, Ambition looks like a fun game.

I'm certainly interested in talking with her to work out some specifics.

Princess
2012-12-17, 01:59 PM
I don't know if you have any stylistic ideas in mind, but here's a sample sketch of the character seen OotSified to the left:

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo283/mplautz/lilRowan.jpg