PDA

View Full Version : Elvencraft bows

Lost in books
2012-12-01, 06:52 PM
Is there another book that talks about elvencraft bows? In the RoW book it only says that shortbows and longbows can be made elvencraft, but what I am looking for is to make a composite longbow elvencraft. Is that even possible?

Rubik
2012-12-01, 07:09 PM
Is there another book that talks about elvencraft bows? In the RoW book it only says that shortbows and longbows can be made elvencraft, but what I am looking for is to make a composite longbow elvencraft. Is that even possible?Composite bows are subtypes of short- and longbows, and thus qualify for elvencraft.

Lost in books
2012-12-01, 07:13 PM
Thank you. So the next question is:

Does anyone remember if there is a feat that when fighting with a staff you can't be flanked? I remember reading something like that but it could be PF or maybe a special type of staff. I am looking for only 3.5

Darrin
2012-12-01, 07:41 PM
Does anyone remember if there is a feat that when fighting with a staff you can't be flanked? I remember reading something like that but it could be PF or maybe a special type of staff. I am looking for only 3.5

You're probably thinking of the Longstaff from Complete Adventurer. If you fight defensively with a longstaff or sink at least two BAB into Combat Expertise while using it, you can't be flanked.

If you want a feat that makes you immune to flanking, then take Shape Soulmeld: Threefold Mask of the Chimera.

Malak'ai
2012-12-01, 07:45 PM
Or the Eyes in the Back of your Head feat or what ever it's called. Can't remember what book it's in exactly at the moment.

Darrin
2012-12-01, 10:16 PM
Or the Eyes in the Back of your Head feat or what ever it's called. Can't remember what book it's in exactly at the moment.

Sword & Fist. Requires Wis 19, BAB +3.

DeltaEmil
2012-12-01, 10:33 PM
Sword & Fist. Requires Wis 19, BAB +3.The version in Complete Warrior is better, because the requirements are only Wis 13 and BAB +1, while giving the exactly same benefit, while also specifying that you can still be sneak-attacked.

KillianHawkeye
2012-12-01, 10:37 PM
The version in Complete Warrior is better, because the requirements are only Wis 13 and BAB +1, while giving the exactly same benefit, while also specifying that you can still be sneak-attacked.

That doesn't sound better to me.

Isn't avoiding Sneak Attack the number one reason to not want to be flanked? :smallconfused:

DeltaEmil
2012-12-01, 10:46 PM
That doesn't sound better to me.

Isn't avoiding Sneak Attack the number one reason to not want to be flanked? :smallconfused:The version in S&W also simply doesn't grant the +2 flanking bonus to melee attacks, but does nothing against sneak attacks. It's just being mentioned in Complete Warrior so that there's no confusion about it.

olentu
2012-12-01, 10:47 PM
Eh, as I recall the eyes on the back of your head feat does not keep one from being flanked, rather it merely removes the +2 bonus on attack rolls.