PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for homebrewing some fighter feats?

Zelkon
2012-12-01, 10:57 PM
So, here's the deal. I'm trying to give the fighter a little boost. So, obviously, versatility should help, if just a bit. So, I thought, let's homebrew some feats. These should be on par with normal feats, not with fighter feats (because they are obviously worse.)
I'll start, and would greatly appreciate if you would continue.
Brunt Blow
Prerequisite: Power Attack, Fighter Level 2nd
When you hit an enemy, you may move him 5ft.

Dancing Strike
Prerequisite: Brunt Blow
Whenever you hit an enemy, you may switch places with him.

ngilop
2012-12-01, 11:22 PM
One little trick for fighters to increase them 'oomph' is to make feast scale to level like spells and everything else in the does.

for instance make weapon focus be +1 attack plus +1 per every 4th base attack bonus and weapon specilization and dodge the same

then there isn;t so much as making them feast but saying that at X BAB you cna do combat maneuver feast

i.e. at BAB of +1 you get the option to power attack, and at BaB of +3 you get improved bullrush, etc etc

really just making feats scale doubles the fighter's versaility and power.

Its not a feat in my games instead its just a given rule, but you could certainly make it so, i made it where if you attack succeeds by over 5 points you deal extra damage

Amechra
2012-12-01, 11:46 PM
Hey, look at what I just posted! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14309736&postcount=3)

Zelkon
2012-12-02, 12:00 AM
Hey, look at what I just posted! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14309736&postcount=3)

Wow, thanks!

gooddragon1
2012-12-02, 12:00 AM
Piercing Attack

Requirements: Strength 13, Power Attack [Melee Weapon] or Point Blank Shot [Ranged Weapon], +4 Base Attack Bonus

Benefit:
For every 5 points your attack passes the AC of a target you deal 1d6 extra damage. You must use either a weapon with which you can power attack for the melee version of this feat or a composite bow with a strength adjustment of at least +1 for the ranged version of this feat. The attack must deal piercing damage for this feat to apply.

Special:
You can gain this feat two times. Its effects do not stack. Each instance of this feat applies to only melee or ranged.

CREDIT: I got this idea from a Zelda d20 game that a DM hosted and it intrigued me.

Amechra
2012-12-02, 12:06 AM
So, do you have any other areas that you want Fighter feats brewed for?

Zelkon
2012-12-02, 12:14 AM
So, do you have any other areas that you want Fighter feats brewed for?

Mainly the ability to do spectacular deeds beyond mortal bounds. The list you linked was quite comprehensive for combat maneuvers, so other types of powers are greatly appreciated.

Yitzi
2012-12-02, 10:24 AM
Instead of (or in addition to) 4e-style "move the enemy" versatility feats, consider feats that let the fighter change the rules slightly (e.g. change what abilities are used for what purposes), or switch some statistics for others. Existing feats of this sort are Weapon Finesse, Combat Expertise, Power Attack, etc. But there's opportunity for far more; if done right, it could mean that a fighter can choose the right selection of feats to use for each enemy and get a major power boost that way.

J-H
2012-12-02, 11:45 AM
Here are a few feats designed to let characters (mostly fighters, although barbarians could benefit) spend more time full-attacking and hitting things, and less time moving. Efficient use of the action economy is one of the problems melee characters suffer from.

Combat Sprint
Requirements: STR 14, medium armor proficiency

A character may ignore movement penalties caused by wearing armor or carrying a medium load, for a number of rounds per day equal to his Constitution score.

Extended Step
Prerequisite: Combat Sprint

A character may move 10' rather than 5' when taking the 5' step movement.

En Passant
Prerequisite: Combat Reflexes

If a character passes within range of an enemy while moving back out of range, they may take one of their attacks of opportunity at that enemy with a -4 penalty to-hit

PetterTomBos
2012-12-02, 03:32 PM
Combat Sprint
Requirements: STR 14, medium armor proficiency

A character may ignore movement penalties caused by wearing armor or carrying a medium load, for a number of rounds per day equal to his Constitution score.

Hmm, con-score is a large number, but wouldn't "no speed-penalty at all" be more streamlined (and, I'd argue, not overpowered).

Just read trough them, nice feats. Esp. like weapon focus, and the high lvl. ones. Perhaps some of them could use some scaling?

Here's a few of mine, partly to let the shield count:

Shield deflector
Requirements: Fighter 8, Dex 12
See the shine of my shield? I polish it every morning.

If you have dex-bonus to AC, and are being subjected to a magical effect that targets touch AC, make an attack roll with your shield. You may use this in place of touch AC.

At +12 BAB you may send it back, with a -5 penalty to the touch attack roll, providing your shield is at least +1.

Arrow Catcher
Requirements: Fighter 5, Dex 12
A porcupine, but a live one.

If any ranged attack would hit you,and you have a positive AC, you may catch the arrow with your shield. Doing so gives a (cumulative) -4 to AC until the start of your next turn, and prevents you from full-attack the next turn.

At +8 BAB the penalty is lowered to -3, at +10 to -2, at +12 to -1 and at +14 the AC-penalty is removed altogether, along with the full-attack-restriction.

Protect Comrade
Requirements: Fighter 3, 14 Wis or Fighter 8, wielding a shield.
That's my bard your smashing there!

You may defend a willing ally in battle. You move into his square, and may substitute your saves, HP and AC for his. He may take no action, other than ending the protection, you can only take a standard action.

A fighter 10 can move 5ft/round while doing this, +15BAB lets you do a full attack while protecting your comrade.

Durazno
2012-12-02, 04:20 PM
Wow... now I want to use Embed Weapon with a weapon that reacts violently to anyone else trying to wield it. Imagine the look on their face when they finally manage to wring that thing out only to realize that they've brought a curse down on themselves by doing so.

So all of the feats that say "This feat is treated as if it were the Fleshgrinding property." are designed so that they don't stack? They would be especially handy in low-money campaigns, wouldn't they?

Amechra
2012-12-02, 04:34 PM
Wow... now I want to use Embed Weapon with a weapon that reacts violently to anyone else trying to wield it. Imagine the look on their face when they finally manage to wring that thing out only to realize that they've brought a curse down on themselves by doing so.

So all of the feats that say "This feat is treated as if it were the Fleshgrinding property." are designed so that they don't stack? They would be especially handy in low-money campaigns, wouldn't they?

Precisely.

I kinda had to rewrite Dancing and Brilliant Energy to make them "mundane", but hey, I think wielding 5 weapons and cutting straight through walls are fine things to do!

Plus Flicker-Arm Speed lets you get into a caster PrC! That lets you, among other things, act normally in a Time Stop effect.

I'm thinking of adding in some feats to the Hungry Blade feat chain that let it give you more benefits, especially if you take the Soulbane Strike feat chain, but I'm not sure yet.

Also, I am contractually bound to mention Combat Techniques (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7688&sid=7ad8c113ca522af6cf74d2c90d3e5932).

I've got some ideas for out-of-combat Fighter feats...

Ziegander
2012-12-02, 07:22 PM
So, here's the deal. I'm trying to give the fighter a little boost. So, obviously, versatility should help, if just a bit. So, I thought, let's homebrew some feats. These should be on par with normal feats, not with fighter feats (because they are obviously worse.)

I'm always up for homebrewing some fighter feats. Check my extended signature. But what do you mean by, "These should be on par with normal feats, not with fighter feats (because they are obviously worse.)"?

I'll start, and would greatly appreciate if you would continue.
Brunt Blow
Prerequisite: Power Attack, Fighter Level 2nd
When you hit an enemy, you may move him 5ft.

Anyway, I think this would probably work better as part of a tactical feat.

Bullying Bruiser [TACTICAL]
Prerequisites: Str 13, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Base Attack +6
Benefit: This feat grants you the following three tactical options.

Swat Aside - Whenever you accept a penalty to your attack roll using your Power Attack feat and hit a creature you may push that creature up to 5ft away from you in any direction for every -2 penalty you accepted to your attack roll.

Knock-Down - Whenever you accept a penalty to your attack of -5 or more using your Power Attack feat and hit a creature you may choose to force that creature to succeed at a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 your Base Attack Bonus + your Strength modifier) to avoid being Knocked Prone.

Pummel - Whenever you move a creature adjacent to a solid surface and you could, under other circumstances, move the creature further, or whenever you hit a Prone creature with a melee attack, you deal that creature 1d6 damage per two points of your Base Attack Bonus + double your Strength modifier. This damage is in addition to any damage you would normally deal that creature.

Zelkon
2012-12-02, 07:42 PM
I'm always up for homebrewing some fighter feats. Check my extended signature. But what do you mean by, "These should be on par with normal feats, not with fighter feats (because they are obviously worse.)"?

Anyway, I think this would probably work better as part of a tactical feat.

Bullying Bruiser [TACTICAL]
Prerequisites: Str 13, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Base Attack +6
Benefit: This feat grants you the following three tactical options.

Swat Aside - Whenever you accept a penalty to your attack roll using your Power Attack feat and hit a creature you may push that creature 5ft away from you in any direction for every -1 penalty you accepted to your attack roll.

Knock-Down - Whenever you accept a penalty to your attack of -4 or more using your Power Attack feat and hit a creature you may choose to force that creature to succeed at a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 your Base Attack Bonus + your Strength modifier) to avoid being Knocked Prone.

Pummel - Whenever you move a creature adjacent to a solid surface and you could, under other circumstances, move the creature further, or whenever you hit a Prone creature with a melee attack, you deal that creature 1d6 damage per two points of your Base Attack Bonus + double your Strength modifier. This damage is in addition to any damage you would normally deal that creature.

This is absolutely great. Thanks so much. Where can I find more tactical feats?

Zelkon
2012-12-02, 08:39 PM

Fighters get nearly 20 feats over their career. The feats couldn't be designed on par with other ones, because the fighter gets 20 of them instead of, what, 7?

Amechra
2012-12-02, 09:02 PM
Bad Zelkon! That is thinking that got the Fighter in the dire straits that it is in!

Why?

Because, for Fighters, feats are essentially their class features!

Zelkon
2012-12-02, 09:18 PM
Bad Zelkon! That is thinking that got the Fighter in the dire straits that it is in!

Why?

Because, for Fighters, feats are essentially their class features!

I was mocking that. I was saying that was the wrong way to go.

Amechra
2012-12-02, 09:52 PM
Ah.

Jolly good.

Durazno
2012-12-02, 10:57 PM
You might want some kind of a limitation on Swat Aside - unless the idea is for them to be able to knock a guy sailing 20 feet through the air with an ordinary attack. (I don't have much experience with Power Attack, actually - I guess it might not be that often that you knock people more than 5 or 10 feet...)

Amechra
2012-12-02, 11:45 PM
Level 20 chargers could send someone 100'.

4th number
2012-12-03, 05:17 AM
I've got an idea for a feat, maybe with a Cleave dependency. After the fighter knocks an enemy unconscious (or dead), the final blow can also throw the unconscious enemy into another enemy, knocking him prone.

I'm worried it's too situational, though.

Zelkon
2012-12-03, 06:36 AM
I've got an idea for a feat, maybe with a Cleave dependency. After the fighter knocks an enemy unconscious (or dead), the final blow can also throw the unconscious enemy into another enemy, knocking him prone.

I'm worried it's too situational, though.

I like it.

Ziegander
2012-12-03, 08:30 PM
This is absolutely great. Thanks so much. Where can I find more tactical feats?

You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it. Tactical feats were introduced in Complete Warrior and have been scattered throughout the supplementals ever since. Some good ones can be found in Tome of Battle as well.

Zelkon
2012-12-03, 08:36 PM
You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it. Tactical feats were introduced in Complete Warrior and have been scattered throughout the supplementals ever since. Some good ones can be found in Tome of Battle as well.

Yeah, I found a list at DNDTOOLS.eu. I just went ahead and added them all to the fighter bonus feats. What's the worst that could happen. My fighter fix also makes feats floating, so now the fighter has good variety and good feats, as well as maneuvers and other stuff. It's probably approaching tier 2.

Mephibosheth
2012-12-03, 09:23 PM
Here's a few feats that I've had for a while and have never posted. The idea was to make feats that fighters could use as standard actions, giving them interesting and helpful things to do when they're not making full attacks. I hope they help.

CLEAR THE AREA
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +5, Power Attack, Proficiency with any hafted reach weapon
Benefit: When adjacent to multiple enemies, you can use your polearm to force them to step back. To use this feat, you take a standard action to whirl your polearm in a circle around your body. Any foes adjacent to you must succeed on a Reflex save (DC 10 + your BAB) or be forced straight back five feet. If this movement would result in the opponent moving into lava, off a cliff, into water that requires a Swim check, or other similarly hazardous situation, the opponent moves to the closest non-hazardous square instead of into the hazardous situation. Creatures affected by this feat do not provoke attacks of opportunity from you, though they do provoke attacks of opportunity from other creatures if they move more than five feet.
Normal: Hafted reach weapons have no ability to affect opponents in base contact with their wielder.
Special: A fighter may select Clear the Area as one of her fighter bonus feats.

CONCUSSING BLOW [General, Fighter]
Prerequisite: Power Attack, BAB +6
Benefit: As a standard action or a single attack as part of a charge or spring attack, you target an opponent’s head with a powerful blow. You must use the Power Attack feat to reduce your BAB by at least one to use this feat. If you hit, in addition to taking damage as normal, the target is dazed for one round and deafened for a number of rounds equal to your Strength modifier. The target can make a Fortitude save (DC = damage dealt) to negate the deafness. The save DC increases by 2 if you are wielding a bludgeoning weapon.
Special: A fighter may select Concussing Blow as one of her fighter bonus feats.

KEEP YOUR DISTANCE [General, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Proficiency with any hafted piercing weapon, BAB +5
Benefit: A spear’s construction makes it ideal for striking at the limit of its reach. You have learned to use this capability to your advantage to keep your foes at an awkward distance. As a standard action you attack an enemy with a hafted piercing weapon. If you hit, in addition to taking damage as normal, your opponent is unbalanced and takes a -2 penalty to AC and attack rolls for 1 round. If they attempt to attack you with a melee weapon before your next turn, the penalties increase to -4.
In order for an enemy to be affected by this maneuver, he must have reach equal to or less than yours. For example, a human wielding a shortspear may use this maneuver on any foe with a 5-foot reach. A human wielding a longspear may use this maneuver on any foe with up to a 10-foot reach.
Special: A fighter may select Keep Your Distance as one of her fighter bonus feats.

LEG-BREAKING BLOW [General, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Power Attack, Improved Trip, BAB +9
Benefit: You swing your weapon low, aiming to break your opponent’s kneecaps or slash his Achilles tendon with a single accurate strike. You make an attack as a standard action or a single attack as part of a charge or spring attack. You must use the Power Attack feat to reduce your BAB by at least one to use this feat. If you hit, in addition to taking damage as normal, the target is knocked prone, his land speed is reduced to 5 feet and he cannot run or charge. He can stand up as normal but the speed reduction persists until he receives at least 10 points of magical healing. The target can make a Reflex save (DC = damage dealt) to negate the speed reduction.
Special: A fighter may select Leg-Breaking Blow as one of her fighter bonus feats.

BLINDING MIRROR [General, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Proficiency with shields, Int 13+, BAB +5
Benefit: Whenever you are using a metal shield or weapon of any type, you may use it to reflect bright lights into an opponent’s eyes. As a standard action you maneuver your shield or weapon to catch the light and direct it toward your target. The target must make a Reflex save or be blinded for one round and dazzled for an additional three rounds. Creatures that do not rely on eyes for sight are immune to this effect.
You can maintain the reflection as a swift action, though you cannot take any other action using your shield or weapon (whichever you are using in conjunction with this feat) while maintaining the reflection. Each round you maintain the reflection adds one additional round to the duration of the blinding effect. The target is still dazzled for only three rounds after the blinding effect ends. You must be outside during the day, within the radius of a daylight spell or spell that emits a similar intensity of light, or have similar access to bright light (via windows or spells, for example) in order to use this feat.
Special: A fighter may select Mirror Shield as one of her fighter bonus feats.

RINGING STEEL STRIKE [General, Fighter]
Prerequisites: BAB +3
Benefit: As a standard action or as a single attack as part of a charge or spring attack, you smash down on your opponent’s weapon, striking in the precise location that sets the weapon vibrating violently or causes the wielder significant pain. You must succeed on an opposed attack roll to do so, though you do not provoke an attack of opportunity when using this ability. If you succeed, your opponent takes a -2 penalty to attack and damage rolls for as long he wields that weapon, up to a maximum number of rounds equal to your Strength modifier. The penalty imposed by this feat increases by an additional +1 when your BAB reaches +5, +10, +15, and +20.
Special: A fighter may select Ringing Steel Strike as one of her fighter bonus feats.

RESOUNDING BLOW [General, Fighter]
Prerequisites: Str 13+, Power Attack, BAB +5
Benefit: You make an attack as a standard action or a single attack as part of a charge or spring attack, targeting your opponent’s chest. If your attack connects, the target is knocked straight back 5 feet and nauseated for 1 round while he fights for breath. The target can negate both effects with a successful Fortitude save (DC = damage dealt). The save DC increases by 2 if you use a bludgeoning weapon to deliver the attack.
Special: A fighter may select Resounding Blow as one of her fighter bonus feats.

Amechra
2012-12-03, 10:47 PM
Check the post I linked; one of the feats essentially allows you to use any of the above as an attack action a few times per encounter.

TAKE THAT, WARBLADES!

Tarsten Corvus
2012-12-03, 11:34 PM
I haven't seen many Ranged Feats. not like any other class anyway so i made this . . .

Archery Ace
Prerequisites: B.A.B. 16 Lvl 16 Fighter Dex. 19 Precise Shot Point Blank Shot.
Benefit: With becoming a decent master of the Bow. You are able to make attacks against an enemies Touch A.C. rather then normal A.C.
Special: A Fighter may choose this as a Bonus Feat.

Amechra
2012-12-03, 11:49 PM
Check the mega-post that I put up; most of the feats there work with bows (it opens up stuff like Stunning Fist on an arrow, which is pretty cool, if I say so myself), and one of the feats lets you straight-out shoot a pair of arrows for each attack you get.

Tarsten Corvus
2012-12-03, 11:52 PM
NIce i saw that. those are awesome

dspeyer
2012-12-04, 12:51 PM
I'll drop a link to my shield feats (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13710880).

Also, I'm not sure if I've posted this before, but:

Center of Mass Attack
Ignoring gaps and seems, you drive your spear straight through the center of the enemies armor. When attacking with a piercing weapon, you can designate the attack a Center of Mass attack. Resolve against touch AC, but decrease base damage by 2 points for every point that the target's normal AC exceeds its touch AC. If base damage is decreased to zero, treat the attack as a miss and therefore do not roll energy or precision damage. (For purposes of this feat, base damage is anything besides energy or precision).
Special: A fighter can take this as a bonus feat.

Tarsten Corvus
2012-12-04, 04:29 PM
Hey Amechra how would it open up those types of attacks?
And the feat that i posted i got the idea from a homebrew class that i had been beta Testing for a friend amd also gunslingers.

sengmeng
2012-12-05, 11:41 AM
I don't know if a feat can be both tactical and a weapon style feat, but this one maybe is:

Speedy Hedgehog Style [Tactical, Weapon Style]
Prerequisites: Weapon Focus (Armor Spikes), Weapon Specialization (Armor Spikes), Improved Bull Rush, base movement speed greater than 35 ft.
Benefit: Speedy Hedgehog Style grants the ability to use the following three maneuvers:

Supersonic Charge: If you charge at least 15 feet and power attack with at least a -5 penalty on the attack roll and you successfully strike your opponent with your armor spikes, you gain a free bull-rush attempt against them.

Ball of Spikes: When bull-rushing an opponent, you automatically damage your opponent with your armor spikes for each 10 ft of movement.

Jump On Their Head: If you damage an opponent with your armor spikes while benefitting from a bonus for being on higher ground or with a successful jump check to put you more than 3 feet in the air, they must make a Reflex vs the damage dealt or fall prone.

Amechra
2012-12-05, 12:02 PM
It's totally possible.

Ball of Spikes can be a bit much, especially when you consider how easy it is to optimize strength checks...

sengmeng
2012-12-06, 12:37 PM
It's totally possible.

Ball of Spikes can be a bit much, especially when you consider how easy it is to optimize strength checks...

But to really abuse it, you need to optimize your movement as well, and getting the feat in the first place precludes the traditional route of building an ubercharger, since gaining pounce via Lion Totem Barbarian loses fast movement.

Meh, I can just change it to ten feet, I guess. Even if it becomes ridiculously powerful, it can always be neutralized by simply not having enough space.

Amechra
2012-12-06, 02:18 PM
True, I was forgetting about speed restrictions...

But the real question is, does the damaging trigger any magical properties of your armor spikes?

sengmeng
2012-12-06, 03:54 PM
True, I was forgetting about speed restrictions...

But the real question is, does the damaging trigger any magical properties of your armor spikes?

I envisioned it to do so, but I would definitely have to change it to every ten feet in that case, and even then it could be pretty vicious. At least all the Burst properties wouldn't have a chance to function since there's no attack roll, so no critical hits. What seems the most horribly abusable to you if they are allowed to trigger magic weapon properties?

Amechra
2012-12-06, 04:49 PM
There are some that force saves each time they hit someone, often for some pretty narsty effects.

Can't think of any off the top of my head, but there are some.

sengmeng
2012-12-06, 05:14 PM
Well, then it could be restricted to effects that don't require saving throws. They'd still get hit up horribly by flaming or bane weapons, but at least bane weapons would be very niche.

daniellay99
2012-12-21, 12:43 PM
Shattering Blow:

The fighter can drag his massive weapon through almost any type of armour.

Prerequisites: Weapon Specialization in a two-handed weapon, Strength 16.

Effect: The fighter must make an attack roll at -5 to hit with his two-handed weapon which he specialized in. If successful, the target's armour class is reduced by the fighter's strength modifier until the armour can be repaired. This ability does not work against enemies who do not wear armour. This also cannot reduce anyone's armour class by more than their armour bonus, and this lasts until the target gets new armour or has the old armour repaired.

sengmeng
2012-12-21, 01:05 PM
Shattering Blow:

The fighter can drag his massive weapon through almost any type of armour.

Prerequisites: Weapon Specialization in a two-handed weapon, Strength 16.

Effect: The fighter must make an attack roll at -5 to hit. If successful, the target's armour class is reduced by the fighter's strength modifier until the armour can be repaired. This ability does not work against enemies who do not wear armour.

Should say "This ability cannot reduce the target's AC by more than their armor bonus," so if a guy with +6 strength bonus hits a target in a chain shirt, he only lowers it by -4, not -6. Also, should require that they use a two-handed weapon that they have Weapon Specialization with, since it's a prerequisite. I like it otherwise.

daniellay99
2012-12-22, 07:17 AM
Thanks sengmeng, I have now changed this. Another one;

Neckspring:

The Fighter can jump back up almost immediately after being knocked down.

Prerequisites: Dex 13, Tumble rank 5

The fighter can get back to his feet immediately after being knocked prone, but first he must succeed at a Tumble roll at -3. This does not take part as part of the fighter's turn, but occurs right after he is knocked over. Note that this cannot be used if the fighter is held down or is under the effect of a grease or entangle spell.

zzuxon
2012-12-23, 08:42 PM
Skilled Parry
Prerequisites: Dex 13, BAB +2
Choose 3 1-handed or 2-handed weapons you are proficient with. When wielding these weapons, gain a +1 deflection bonus to AC.

Analytical Combatant
Prequesites: Int 13, BAB +2
You may add your Intelligence Modifier to your attack roll at the expense of 1 point of Base Attack Bonus.

What do you think?

dspeyer
2012-12-24, 03:34 AM
I really like the idea of Skilled Parry. Might make it stronger, though.

Meanwhile:

Counter-Leap

It doesn't matter how strong you are, or how fast you are. If you have nothing to push off of, you can't change course. And if you can't change course, you can't dodge. That's when I get you.

When a nonflying enemy within weapon range jumps, you can make an attack as an immediate action. The enemy is treated as flat-footed. If you deal 20 or more points of damage, the jump and anything it was a part of (e.g. a leap attack or feral death blow) fails.

zzuxon
2012-12-24, 12:04 PM
How about this:
Skilled Parry
Prerequisites: Dex 13, BAB +2
Choose 4 1-handed or 2-handed weapons you are proficient with. When wielding these weapons, gain a +2 deflection bonus to AC for a 1-handed weapon, or a +3 bonus for 2-handed weapons.

This would be really useful for me. I play a Half-Orc Fighter 7. I'm a speed oriented fighter, I use light armor and fight with a size changing spear. I don't use a shield, and I end up with an AC of 18. I would kill for this feat.

dspeyer
2012-12-24, 02:43 PM
Looks good.

If you have multiple weapons, do you get the bonuses from all of them? I'm guessing yes, since that tends to work in practice, but it should probably be spelled out.