PDA

View Full Version : Made a truenamer fix :D [3.5][Need Feedback]

gooddragon1
2012-12-01, 11:48 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

toapat
2012-12-02, 12:05 AM
I think this brings truenamer upto a T4 class, if not higher.

If we actually weighted class levels by effective value, then actually most classes end up being +1/2 CR/HD, with only the rare Ur-priest being +1CR/level

I can tell you that this does seem a bit overboard as far as a fix goes. it changes the problem of Truenamer from being the class that requires the highest op in the game to even sniff the power of the fighter, but this seems to put it easily into the territory of high T4, low T3, if not higher because of my lack of knowledge of all truenaming effects.

gooddragon1
2012-12-02, 12:50 AM
I think this brings truenamer upto a T4 class, if not higher.

If we actually weighted class levels by effective value, then actually most classes end up being +1/2 CR/HD, with only the rare Ur-priest being +1CR/level

I can tell you that this does seem a bit overboard as far as a fix goes. it changes the problem of Truenamer from being the class that requires the highest op in the game to even sniff the power of the fighter, but this seems to put it easily into the territory of high T4, low T3, if not higher because of my lack of knowledge of all truenaming effects.

Had a look through them, the only potential problems I saw were the lexicons that affected items and allowed a greater effect for +10 or +20 to the DC. I think the DC there might need to be lowered to +5 or +10 respectively given how I've eliminated bonus stacking.

BTW:

======

Now for my self serving purpose:
Reflavor of Truenamer: Hex Editor [3.5 Class]

Same exact thing as truenamer with different flavor. You modify the hexadecimal values of reality.