PDA

View Full Version : permanent fire

robertbevan
2012-12-02, 06:33 PM
i looked up the spell "continual flame". does anyone know if there is a similar spell which includes heat? or even another way of magically keeping a small fire (less than a torch would do) going permanently? thanks!

Wookie-ranger
2012-12-02, 07:39 PM
i looked up the spell "continual flame". does anyone know if there is a similar spell which includes heat? or even another way of magically keeping a small fire (less than a torch would do) going permanently? thanks!

It might be a little over kill (the best kind of kill)
you can make a wall of fire permanent, example is given in "Stronghold Builder's Guide" p. 60.

Green Leviathan
2012-12-03, 01:18 PM
Unguent of Timelessness may work on a torch or somesuch. not really permamnent but alot closer.

When applied to any matter that was once alive this ointment allows that substance to resist the passage of time. Each year of actual time affects the substance as if only a day had passed. The coated object gains a +1 resistance bonus on all saving throws. The unguent never wears off, although it can be magically removed (by dispelling the effect, for instance). One flask contains enough material to coat eight Medium or smaller objects. A Large object counts as two Medium objects, and a Huge object counts as two Large objects.

Sugashane
2012-12-03, 07:39 PM
When I am DM'ing I just allow bump Continual Flame up one spell level to include heat.