PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Midair Combat

Desril
2012-12-02, 11:10 PM
From the PFSRD: Collision While Flying

If you are using wings to fly and you collide with an object equal to your size or larger, you must immediately make a DC 25 Fly check to avoid plummeting to the ground, taking the appropriate falling damage.

One of my players is using winged flight and about to pit himself against an adult white dragon. Does being mauled in mid-air by a full-attack, or charging bite count as a "collision"? Or is a collision occupying the same square? I'm expecting him to die (that's what happens when you charge headfirst at a dragon with a higher CR than you, alone, and without taking any sort of preparation) but I still want to know how aerial battle works for future reference.

Corlindale
2012-12-03, 01:20 AM
Well, it's probably up to interpretation, but I wouldn't count a simple charge+bite as a collision - collision is smashing full-body against the dragon. Maybe if the dragon bull rushes him.

Also, it may be important to note that creatures aren't objects by the rules, which may be significant here. Perhaps the collision-rule was only intended to apply when smasing into walls and the like.

Desril
2012-12-03, 01:34 AM
Wow I'm tired, I read it as "creature or object". Thanks for pointing that out.