PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 D&D] Lizardfolk Homebrew

Croix
2012-12-03, 12:45 AM
Here I am... finally a member of the site simply to see if I can get some help revamping the Lizardfolk for a friend.

+2 Constitution, -2 Charisma
Medium size.
A lizardfolk’s base land speed is 30 feet.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A lizardfolk is automatically proficient with their natural weapons.
Natural Weapons: 2 claws (1d4), tail slap (1d4), and bite (1d4).
Special Qualities: Hold breath (as Lizardfolk [4*Con Mod rounds])
Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Goblin, Gnoll, Orc.
Favored Class: Druid
Level adjustment +0

All I did as of now is reduce the LA to 0, and removed their racial hit dice, feats, skills, natural armor, as well as take away their +2 strength and change intelligence hit to charisma (as a lizard person appears to have a harder time in that department by just looking at them) and gave them a tail slap. As far as mechanical goes, it seems balanced, but still seem a little below par (imo) than other LA +0 base creatures. Anyways any of you could think of to spice it up while keeping some semblance of balance and keeping the overall flavor (you know, lizardy)?

Mithril Leaf
2012-12-03, 04:33 AM
Looks like it's leaning on the good side of LA 0. 4 natural attacks with a bonus to a universally useful stat and a penalty to a frequent dump stat. I'd definitely consider one if I were going to play a close combat bonus damage character. Totemist is a good choice.

4th number
2012-12-03, 05:03 AM
Four natural attacks is very optimization-friendly. I'm sure if this were in a book it'd get a lot of use, but I doubt anyone would be calling it broken.

ngilop
2012-12-03, 11:09 AM
I like it.

but then again it is almost Identicle to what I use for my own 'lizardfolk' subtract your tail slap and draconic as a language, add in a natural armor bonus as well as a swim speed and they are the same.