Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: One ray
Duration: Instantaneous, then permanent
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Spell Resistance: Yes

You send forth a fiery tendril to scorch your enemies. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack to successfully hit with the ray. The tendril deals 1d4 points of fire damage per caster level, max 6d4. A creature damaged by the ray must then make a Fortitude save or be blinded.

Material Component
A coiled ribbon of magnesium.

Epiphany
Divination
Level: Bard 1, Cleric 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 1
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 immediate action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous

Whenever you fail on a Knowledge check, you may cast this spell to immediately reroll the check. You gain a +5 insight bonus on the reroll. You must take the result of the reroll, even if it is worse than the original roll.

Eternal Geas
Enchantment and Necromancy (Compulsion) [Evil, Language-Dependant, Mind-Affecting]
Level: Cleric 9, Sorcerer/Wizard 9
Components: V, XP
Target: One living creature
Saving Throw: None

This spell functions as geas/quest, except as above. In addition, if the subject of this spell dies before completing his task, he is immediately raised as a ghost. If destroyed, the ghost is restored by its rejuvenation ability unless it has completed its task. You have no control over the ghost, except for the geas laid on it.

XP Cost
500 xp.

Invoke the Divine
Evocation
Level: Cleric 0, Druid 0, Ranger 1, Paladin 1
Components: V, S, M
Range: Touch
Target: Object touched
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless, object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless, object)

You imbue an object, which may not weigh more than 1 pound/caster level, with a spark of divine energy. For the duration of this spell, you, or any other character who worships the same deity as you, may use the object as if it were a holy or unholy symbol.

Material Component
A splinter of wood taken from a holy or unholy symbol.

Reflect Divination
Illusion (Glamer)
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 hour/level

You reflect all divinations targeted at you back on their casters. Whenever a divination spell would reveal information about you, such as your alignment, surface thoughts, or similar to its caster, it instead reveals the same information, but in regards to its caster–thus, a caster would perceive you as being of the same alignment as he is, and having the same surface thoughts as he does. The caster does not receive any indication the information is not accurate.

Focus
A shard of a mirror.

Dhavaer
2006-10-28, 09:40 PM
Blinding Lash looks a little overpowered. Maybe 1d4/level, or 1d8/2 levels?

The Demented One
2006-10-28, 09:44 PM
Blinding Lash looks a little overpowered. Maybe 1d4/level, or 1d8/2 levels?
I think it should be fine when compared to other similar spells, like scorching ray.

Dhavaer
2006-10-28, 09:46 PM
I think it should be fine when compared to other similar spells, like scorching ray.

Scorching Ray doesn't blind, though. And Blindness/Deafness is a second level spell itself.

The Demented One
2006-10-28, 09:55 PM
Scorching Ray doesn't blind, though. And Blindness/Deafness is a second level spell itself.
I'm basing the balance off the fact that Scorching Ray will pretty consistantly be dealing more damage, and that blindness/deafness doesn't require both an attack roll and a save. Might be a bit off, still.

Dhavaer
2006-10-28, 10:02 PM
I'm basing the balance off the fact that Scorching Ray will pretty consistantly be dealing more damage, and that blindness/deafness doesn't require both an attack roll and a save. Might be a bit off, still.

Scorching Ray deals more damage at level 3, equal at level 4, less at levels 5 and 6, and more again at level 7. It doesn't get a really sizeable benefit until level 11.

LoopyZebra
2006-10-28, 10:10 PM
Just glancing at it, but:
"The tendril deals 1d8 points of fire damage per caster level, max 6d6."
Do your d8s turn into d6s sponteanously? :)

The Demented One
2006-10-28, 10:46 PM
Scorching Ray deals more damage at level 3, equal at level 4, less at levels 5 and 6, and more again at level 7. It doesn't get a really sizeable benefit until level 11.
Point taken. I'll see how it looks with d4's.

Just glancing at it, but:
"The tendril deals 1d8 points of fire damage per caster level, max 6d6."
Do your d8s turn into d6s sponteanously? :)
Oops, I'll fix that.

Mewtarthio
2006-10-30, 12:03 AM
Eternal Geas seems overpowered. Standard Action to cast and no saving throw to place an eternal command on someone?

Golthur
2006-10-30, 10:56 AM
Eternal Geas seems overpowered. Standard Action to cast and no saving throw to place an eternal command on someone?
I love the flavour, though :D The idea of the ghost still being bound by the geas just makes me happy in the evilest way.

Maybe change it to longer, more ritualized casting time, though, not something you can do in the middle of a fight :)

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-30, 12:22 PM
You should make Eternal Geas have a duration of permanant. :rolleyes: