PDA

View Full Version : Scout/Beguiler/Unseen Seer

Skrag Fellhand
2012-12-04, 06:09 AM
Creating a lvl 7 char, I took githzerai as my race - the 2LA...I thought of taking Scout3 Beguiler3 and Unseen Seer....I rolled 18,17,16,16,10,15 for my stats, heres how my stats look right now, str=10 dex=23 con=16 int=17 wis=15 cha=15. I want to fight from range so im thinking of taking crossbow sniper, now i have 2 feats left, had 13,000 gold and bought Horizon Goggles
leaving me with 4000 gold... I have seen some of the builds you guys post and could use your help on choosing my last 2 feats and whatever equipment i could get for my 4000 to help with the build. And also if I use skirmish will the extra 2d6 damage I get apply to spells that I cast?

Im trying to play as an assasin type, without the assasin class. I have never played as a beguiler, or unseen seer, and both seemed to mesh pretty will with the scout. Any advice would help.

nedz
2012-12-04, 07:13 AM
The synergy between Scout and Beguiler is less than wonderful.
The both have good skills, and plenty of skill points.
The Beguiler's utility spells are useful, but the class lacks range touch damage spells — so you will never get to add your skirmish damage to any spell.

The following are better options

Scout/Sorcerer/Unseen Seer
Build for a ray sorcerer, although the best rays are the ones which don't do direct damage this is viable. Add in a few utility spells and you are good. This option does suffer from poor skills on the Sorcerer side.

Scout/Wizard/Unseen Seer
Similar to the sorcerer version, but you have fewer spells and more skill points — due to Int.

Scout/Warlock/Unseen Seer
Stack your skirmish damage onto Eldritch Blast, and add in a few utility Invocations to help with infiltration. Requires 6 levels of Warlock for Extra Invocation. By RAW Unseen Seer does not improve Warlock, so it requires a house rule to be truly effective.